Medicine and BF

LaraSue

Two furry babies!
Reaction score
My LO is BF but does take a bottle when I'm at work. He is also taking some pureed baby food, but doesn't like a lot of it. He's been constipated, and the doc wants him to take Miralax for it, a little bit every day. Now, if he doesn't (and won't) take a bottle from me, and doesn't like a lot of the baby food and therefore won't eat it all, does anyone have any suggestions on how to give him the Miralax?

My LO wouldn't take a bottle or eat much either. We've had to just do it the mean way and squirt it in his mouth. They say to put it in the side of the cheek so they're more likely to swallow it.

Did you try pureed prunes? My LO seemed to like them. Mashed overripe bananas might work too.

He did actually like the prunes, but we ran out. The doc said not to use bananas since they stop you up.

He did actually like the prunes, but we ran out. The doc said not to use bananas since they stop you up.

Oh I wasn't really sure. I've heard that mushy ones help but the less ripe ones don't... But I read conflicting info. Maybe just try more prunes then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->