• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Megg is Pregg... Broken Pee & Faint Lines Be Damned!

Do you not want to confirm it just for peace of mind? X

Is there something other than HCG that I should be expecting to have register on every test I take? My MW seems to think that the 1st appt at 10 weeks with a scan at that time is good enough... Is there an issue with that? It seems pretty common from what I've been reading. And, who says I don't have peace of mind? I would never have posted a :bfp: announcement thread if I didn't feel confident in my situation. I'm sorry that my body might not work like most people's, but it doesn't make my tests any less valid, does it?

I'm not trying to be bitchy, but this is the 2nd time that you've come into my threads full of negativity. I'd just like to know what it is that I've done to you suddenly. :shrug:

ahhhh meg im so glad you have an explanation as to why your lines were so faint :) you know, my doctor never asked to confirm my pregnancy either! it doesnt matter. YOU'RE PREGNANT!

OMGosh IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!

Thanks, honey! :hugs: I appreciate that! I don't think requiring a confirmation is so common really. I mean, I didn't specifically explain that my pee was broken when I called, but I didn't see any reason to! LOL Love ya!

Well done you. I'm really pleased for you ... I read your posts all the time, but don't always reply on the threads, I've also stalked your journal etc . I've always found your threads and advice insightful and so glad that you have your bfp. Congratulations and lots of love. Jo xx

Thanks, honey! :hugs: Def speak up in my journal! I love stalkers so much! Much :dust: to you, sweetheart! I know what you've been through lately! FX'd for you! xx

I'm also very happy for you... my good friend is due anytime now and she never ever got a strong line on a pee test. Her lines were so faint that only one nurse out of a bunch of nurses and doctors noticed it. I'm sorry that people are bringing negativity into such a happy time!

No more negatism!!!!( I know that's not correct english, it was intentional)
Love you Megg!:hugs:

Thanks, Gina & Kari! As Kat Williams says, if you're not being hated on, you're doing something wrong.... If there's any haters out there looking for someone to hate, feel free to hate on me! :winkwink: Love & :hugs: to you both!

Thanks Megg. I can't understand anyone who isn't anything but happy for you. Will leave a message on your journal next time, promise xx

Thanks hun! I look forward to seeing you there! :hugs:

Is there something other than HCG that I should be expecting to have register on every test I take? My MW seems to think that the 1st appt at 10 weeks with a scan at that time is good enough... Is there an issue with that? It seems pretty common from what I've been reading. And, who says I don't have peace of mind? I would never have posted a :bfp: announcement thread if I didn't feel confident in my situation. I'm sorry that my body might not work like most people's, but it doesn't make my tests any less valid, does it?

I'm not trying to be bitchy, but this is the 2nd time that you've come into my threads full of negativity. I'd just like to know what it is that I've done to you suddenly. :shrug:

Absolutely nothing, and frankly approach it however you want to. Personally I would find it hard to embark on a ten week wait without confirmation. If you have peace of mind thats alll that matters.

I find myself wondering what advice you would give yourself to someone with this situation?

However, its not with bitchiness I ask this, it was with concern for you. I am not sure what my first post of negativity was exactly, I try to bring a bit of realism to the threads I post on, as in life I like a considered, balanced approach, but I accept on here a lot of people want to hear what they want to hear.

So yup my posts might not be everyones cup of tea, but I will give you my honest opinion and will not try to make the facts fit a situation. If this is interpreted as negatively so be it.

I wont be posting in your threads again.

I personally think if you "feel" pregnant that even with a faint BFP like Meggs and mine then thats all we need.. I'm not having bloodtest till im about 8 weeks and im fine with that.. If theres any bleeding then by all means go have bloodtest and scans..

I personally think if you "feel" pregnant that even with a faint BFP like Meggs and mine then thats all we need.. I'm not having bloodtest till im about 8 weeks and im fine with that.. If theres any bleeding then by all means go have bloodtest and scans..

If only! I "feel" pregnant every month! darn symptoms! :haha:

Hi Megg

I've been reading through and I can sort of see what Crypto is saying - I don't think she's having a go, it's just that nobody else has actually asked about confirming the pregnancy and in her opinion that would be the next thig to do. And I have to agree- your lines are so faint and normally should be getting stronger and stronger. I know you have put it down to this thing with your pee but you haven't actually been diagnosed and you said yourself it's rare. I just think Crypto was trying to help because if there IS something "wrong" that is causing your lines to be so faint then caught early it might not be an issue.

And I am surprised by you as well - you're normally so open minded and like to see every side of the argument - surely that should be the case in your own thread hun, rather than just listening to all the positives. I mean, if nobody had pointed out to Crypto the possible negatives she never would have known about her ectopic until it was possibly too late - maybe that's why she is being so mega rational. it saved her life didn't it?

However like you say a line is a line. And I wish you all the best - you could well be cooking another forum guru in there!

Crypto - The honest advice I would give in the situation is that once you see a line, you don't really need to keep testing. I only tend to not follow the rule because of the stupid POAS addiction.

I would be glad to confirm it if my MW had asked me to... but she didn't. I don't see any reason to ask her to when my appointment is in 4.5 weeks. Which brings me to it not being a 10 week wait. I'll be 10 weeks at the time of my appointment. I'm over half way there. I can surely wait a month. If I had anything out of the ordinary happen... bleeding, pain, etc... then I would certainly attend to it ASAP.

Its not that everyone else is saying what I want to hear. I'm not really concerned with what they're saying either... no offense everyone. I appreciate the "congrats" and whatever, but it doesn't have anything to do with how I view my situation. If you were truly concerned about something medical, you could have PM'd me about it.

DM - It's not that I don't know it could be coming from a good place... It's other things that lead me to my assessment. And, the post sounded a lot more mocking than concerned. Her post had no medical relevance... She said I needed peace of mind. I'm pretty okay with my current peace of mind though.

While I haven't been diagnosed with the pee thing... I really can't be at this time. The test requires a good degree of dehydration, and that's not really something I should be doing. So, the best I can get at this time is my own diagnosis. By rare, I mean 1 in 25,000... so, rare-ish... but not unheard of, and definitely can be hereditary... which I'll never know since I'm adopted. And, it wasn't a diagnosis that just made me feel better about my lines. I cried when I read the description, because it described my entire life. It explains why I had diabetes symptoms without the blood sugar. It explains why I don't process alcohol. It explains why I crave ice and water almost constantly. It explains why I pee all the time even when I haven't been drinking anything. And, it seems to explain why lines on my OPKs (and even HPTs) might be shit. And having the parts that don't deal with test lines explained is far more important to me than the test lines. Anything that can tell me why I don't process alcohol (when I've never found an explanation before) is pretty much tops in my book. I can't expect the internet to know these things about me... but I didn't decide I should have the pee thing because it made my tests okay. It was more the fact that it made my entire life make sense. And, I've never incorrectly diagnosed myself. Everything has always been backed up by a doc later. Even when I was the only one who was sure I didn't have PCOS and had several people insisting I did... I was right and the treatment made me hypoglycemic.

If I had never gotten any line at all.. I would definitely not be sitting around here. But, I've gotten at least a faint line on just about every test I've taken. I know symptoms don't necessarily mean anything... but the months that I've had symptoms and not been pregnant.. the symptoms are horrid and constant. This time... they come and go. I know when I imagine things, it's not like this. I don't only imagine it sometimes. This month is just different. I wish I could explain why I'm not worried... I'm just not. If something goes terribly wrong, then I guess the joke will be on me. If not though, I'll be pretty happy I didn't worry for weeks and weeks when I could have been enjoying myself.

Maybe I'm overly sensitive because of hormones. Maybe it's because I have to wake up every morning and defend myself. I don't know. It's just when someone as neurotic as myself tries to relax, it's pretty unpleasant to be shaken out of it every time I wake up.

If it counts, I could tell that your post came from a good place! :) Thank you for your concern and explanation. If anything goes wonky, I will definitely act very quickly. I just don't know that I truly have any reason to be concerned at this time. The appointment is only 4.5 weeks away... it's not that long. Thanks again for approaching me in a nice way though. :hugs: I also hope I'm cooking a future forum guru... who happens to be a ninja. :happydance:

Absolutely nothing, and frankly approach it however you want to. Personally I would find it hard to embark on a ten week wait without confirmation. If you have peace of mind thats alll that matters.

I find myself wondering what advice you would give yourself to someone with this situation?

However, its not with bitchiness I ask this, it was with concern for you. I am not sure what my first post of negativity was exactly, I try to bring a bit of realism to the threads I post on, as in life I like a considered, balanced approach, but I accept on here a lot of people want to hear what they want to hear.

So yup my posts might not be everyones cup of tea, but I will give you my honest opinion and will not try to make the facts fit a situation. If this is interpreted as negatively so be it.

I wont be posting in your threads again.

i completely agree and also got attacked for asking a suggesting the same thing.

Ok ladies no more in here please, can we not drag problems and disputes from another thread over into another.

If you have any problems with posts please report them to admin so we can deal with them accordingly.

:hugs: and sending you loads of :dust:

XXXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"