Megg is Pregg... Broken Pee & Faint Lines Be Damned!

wow meg 33k mine looks like yours!!! YAY !!!

Mine is def there too and its also a FRER , i times it and everything! woohoo

well done! Have you been docs yet?xxxx

Not yet! Calling tomorrow to schedule! :) Wooo! (for yours looking like mine!)

Congrats, sweetie!

hi megg how you getting on any more tests or bloods yet?.xxx

Let me start this with the "long story short" version: My lines still exist, but they are still faint... looks like they always will be faint. Explanation below. I'm calling for an appointment with a midwife this morning. Will update with the date and time! :)

First of all... Thank you to Michelle (WannaB)! :flower: She has been a dear and made my freaking night!

https://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2413/z4ae54e457e34f.gif

:rofl: ^^^ It looks like sparkly pee! (I still kind of act like I'm on a playground! :shy:)

Anyway! Low Specific Gravity Urine!

It means that I produce way too much urine all the time and it's always diluted. Holding it will only help minimally! The likely cause would be Diabetes Insipidus... which can be genetic (totally wouldn't know)! The symptoms are craving water/ice/ice water, increased drinking/thirst, increased urination, dehydration (and the symptoms that come with it). Its reasonably rare, only 1 in 25,000 gets it... which is about 270,000 world wide. It has nothing to do with sugar diabetes... nothing to do with blood or sugar actually! Its actually called "water diabetes" sometimes. Its caused usually by the body not producing vasopressin.

I definitely have those exact symptoms and have my entire life really. I was suspected diabetic at about 7 yrs old because of my water/urine habits... but my blood sugar was fine so it was written off. If only we'd known then! It also encompasses my inability to process alcohol!

Diuretics make me worse... so, I'm OFF caffeine forever. One thing that will help is Omega 3 Fish Oil... which is recommended in 900mg/day during pregnancy anyway. It's an anti-diuretic. So, I plan to start that tomorrow!

I have NO DOUBT that this is what I have. I have no doubt about why my lines are faint now. I have not a single worry about my pregnancy now! I'm on fucking :cloud9:, to be honest! I haven't stopped smiling since I read it! It's awesome to know what I have and that its okay. The most important thing is that I stay hydrated. So, no more withholding fluids for a better line... that just makes me worse and it's worse for Ninja Baby!

Michelle found this for me (the low specific gravity urine bit)... and I owe her BIG now! I never even thought to look! :happydance: for Michelle!

No YAY for me? Why not? I'm happy to know what's wrong and why I'll never have a strong line. It puts any tiny little nuggets of "why?" to rest for me. Now I know, and I can go on with a relaxing, low stress pregnancy! :) I'm super happy!

Btw, 1st Midwife Appointment & Scan - Dec 1 @ 11:15am! 10+1 that day! Wooo!

No no no I was saying YAY for you.. just came out wrong. I am SO HAPPY for you!

No no no I was saying YAY for you.. just came out wrong. I am SO HAPPY for you!

Ya know, after I responded, I realized that might have been that case! :rofl: It's okay, I wasn't mad at you! :hugs: We Megan's gotta stick together! :happydance: And, thanks! :flower:

Uhm... not that I'm aware of! LOL I called to set up the MW appointment and no one asked that I confirm the pregnancy or anything. They just scheduled me for my appointment on Dec 1 for a scan and whatnot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->