Mei tai questions (sorry!!)

Balloo

Reaction score
I'm sorry if these questions have already been asked, have done a 'search the forum' thingy but I can't seem to find the answers! Do I need to invest in a toddler mei tai? Or is a mei tai suitable up to the same age?! My daughter in 19months but just over 9kg. I'm desperate to get one and my step mum has offered to buy me one for my birthday but I don't want to take the mickey with prices. I've found quite a few on etsy, done my research and the seller I've found is MarinaN. I've seen nothing but good reviews on her etsy page and other parenting forums. But I just want to check I don't need a toddler sized one?! Any help would be much appreciated as I really miss carrying my midget and that special one on one contact (she's not much of a hugger!)

I would definitely have needed a toddler mei tai at that age. You really want the back of the carrier to go from knee pit to knee pit - it's better for hips but mostly it can be really uncomfortable for the child if their legs aren't properly supported. Most standard/baby size carriers will say they are suitable up to 35lbs or 3 years or whatever, but they mean the strength of the construction, not whether it'll be comfortable. If you can get measurements for the carrier you're looking at, you can measure LO roughly to see how far into the knee pit the carrier will go. I wouldn't buy a new carrier that didn't go right into the knee - LO will only get bigger after all so you're better starting with a carrier that is big enough. There are lots of WAHMs that will make bigger carriers and also lots of places you can buy preloved toddler/pre-school carriers to save some money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->