Mei Tai Recommendations/Favourites?

lol aw i definatelt woudlnt call myself a pro but i have tried a fair few ! I got my mamsemum from naturalmamas for sale or trade board but im not entirely sure where they can be bought new from but they do crop up on there second hand from time to time, il try and find out for you !
Its a shame i didnt join this site sooner the lady who makes simplymeitais made one that was sent to people to try out the new deluxe version but i think the lists all full up now :(
I have this one
https://www.simplymeitai.co.uk/plugins/content/mavikthumbnails/thumbnails/274x439-images-orangebirdswebsite.jpg The silks nice and cool when its hot and nice and the cords lovely and soft and snuggy when its cold, and the hood great for when flo falls asleep to stop her head lolling bac :) If you were happy to pay for insured postage your more than welcome to borrow it, im a wannabe enabler and im already sending a stretchy and a basic simplymeitai to kitten on monday :p
I couldnt sell it to you if you fell in love but the lady does wonderful custom ones ( im getting one made for my little girls birthday in october :D)

Oh hun I'd never borrow such a lovely carrier but thank you so much for the offer....is it a simply mei tai?

I love that print...I'm sure I was looking at that the other day online! I know BH use it too! Do you think it's too girly for a boy?

When is your LO's bday?

x

The Person who had it before me had a little man so i think its good for both girl or boy, just girly enough for mum but no pinks etc for the little man :p
Its a simply meitai yep :) I cant remember the name of the print but i know i know it ! Iv seen a kindercarry, babyhawk and a wahm one made in that fabric i love it !! Iv got a thing about birds i think lol i had a bird connecta and daisychain too ! oops

Think it may just be called orange birds :p
https://www.hartsfabric.com/36733.html

I love this fabric too im sure ill end up with something with it on !
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CLGlxCSbRDo/SSrEYZpL

I'm loving that Simply Mei Tai - I want I want I want....I do still think it might still be a little on the girl side, but still love it!!!! :thumbup:

Hmmmmmm......

x

you can get the babyhawk one in that material brand new for £52 from the natural connections website...i don't think its too girly for a boy baby - i think its too girly for an OH to use but not to girly for you as a mum to put a boy baby in cos he'll still be dressed like a little boy :)

I know BabyHawk do it as I was going to get one custom made and shipped over (been doing too much research! :dohh:) but am really liking the look of the Simply Mei Tai in that fabric but for that exact one it's £95 :shock:

Oh no...I see me spending more money :blush:

xx

£95?? :shock: goodness babys are so expensive :rofl:

Sorry hun, just re-read my post and it sounded really rude :blush: sorry....what I should've said was thank you! :kiss:

Yes tell me about it £95 :shock: but I love it....I'm such a mare for when I find something I like, I like it and that's it but until I find it I will search and search...I'm so bloody fussy! :blush:

How you getting on with yours?

x

it wasn't rude hun! :hugs:
lol...i still haven't tried it again! OH has been ill so i'm hoping he feels well enough tomorrow to help me strap her in so i know i've done it right then i'll try her out properly...can't wait cos really want to get her used to it to make my life easier!!!

Oh sorry to hear your OH isn't well...hope he feels better soon!

Don't worry, I just wondered! I actually found getting OH to help me at first harder than doing it myself in my own time and getting it right and comfy.

Have you used a carrier/sling before?

x

Could someone possibly link me to a website selling these mei tai carriers?? theyre GORGEOUS x

purpledahlia - i got mine from www.naturalconnection.co.uk (prices include postage)

lauriech - i've used peanut shell sling which she seems happy and comfy in...providing she's asleep :rofl: she likes to be able to see!!! i also had moby wrap but now sold that as she really didn't like it :( am saving peanut shell for in a few months time when she can do hip carries

Could someone possibly link me to a website selling these mei tai carriers?? theyre GORGEOUS x

Sorry hun, I responded to this post of yours as soon as you asked and for some reason it didn't appear and I hadn't noticed til now :blush:

What are your thoughts on the Mei Tais?

x

Its ok! i posted last night then came on today and you had replied! :D

I think they look really comfy, for both mother and baby. They look soft id love to try one before buying, with a teddy haha! I have a babasling and a normal mothercare carrier, But having just discovered these i think i really want one. I only paid like 20 quid for the babasling and the carrier was handed on to me after a friend had it. So i figured i can maybe save for one of these - if theyre worth it. I like the fact theres no buckles and it seems continuious soft material.

I just got one from ETSY by a seller called my blessed baby, she has a website too. It is amazing. I ordered a sleep hood to go with it. The whole thing is perfect, it has a big pocket and a long piece of material that you can attach a dummy to but I just hang a toy on it instead.

She also makes 2 sizes of mei tais. I got the one with the contoured seat, which is more comfortable for babies under 1. I love that it has an adjustable buckle waist band and it is reversable so my OH can use the non patterned side .

I defo recommend getting one, after Elm did a week talking about baby wearing myself and another girl got one from that seller.

Can someone whos got a blessed baby meitai just do me a favour plz ? Give ste middle bit a squeeze near where the straps are connected and see if you can feel an X like stitching xx

They looks adorable, wonder if shed do me one with extra long straps, can you comfortabley wear the straps nearer your shoulders than neck ?? x

ok...feedback finally... isabel seems comfy in her freehand and the sling/carrier pro at my baby group who runs a sling library agrees they're great.

she showed me how i can put a hair scrunchie round middle of mei tai then try to push hairband as low down as poss near waist bit before putting isabel in so it draws material in. this is better for isabel as she's still at stage where they recommend froggy position for legs but she hates being restricted so this way she has legs dangling out either side but material is drawn in so doesn't put strain on her hips/legs

ok...feedback finally... isabel seems comfy in her freehand and the sling/carrier pro at my baby group who runs a sling library agrees they're great.

she showed me how i can put a hair scrunchie round middle of mei tai then try to push hairband as low down as poss near waist bit before putting isabel in so it draws material in. this is better for isabel as she's still at stage where they recommend froggy position for legs but she hates being restricted so this way she has legs dangling out either side but material is drawn in so doesn't put strain on her hips/legs

Oh fab! :D

Really pleased you're getting on well and had some tips!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"