• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Mei Tai Recommendations/Favourites?

lauriech

Reaction score
Morning Girls :wave:

I know there are quite a few Mei Tai users on here so thought I'd ask as I'd like another, what's your favourite?

I know a lot of you love the BabyHawk (inc. myself) but am just wondering if there's any others you would recommend?

(It doesn't have to be a Mei Tai, could be a soft buckle carrier but I have to say I like the fact you can adjust them so easily!)

i made my own :blush: its lush, it has cream fleece on the inside and pink stripy fabric on the outside

x

That sounds lovely hun :D Do you have any piccies? I had a thought you'd say you'd made your own...I really admire you for being able to make your own nappies and carriers etc! :hugs:

x

Ergo is another great brand...I know alot of WAHMs that make them too..but I haven't tried them, but they do run cheaper and lots of cute prints

That sounds lovely hun :D Do you have any piccies? I had a thought you'd say you'd made your own...I really admire you for being able to make your own nappies and carriers etc! :hugs:

x

hehe i know everyone just laughs at me now, if any of my family want something, like...i dont know, a new car, one of them will say oh i bet ellie can make you one lmao

i dont have any pictures actually :shock: i made it before leyla was born aswell haha, will get her all in it later and take one :D

x

Thanks Mo3! I've seen loads on the net that i like the look of so thought I'd ask!

Can't wait to see piccies Ellie - sounds lush!

xx

i got mine from snuggly slings is a mei tai style but was less expensive than the babyhawk she also has lots of different colours and prints...i got cow print velour

just type snuggly slings into google

in all honesty i've only put isabel in it once and whilst it felt great and good quality i appreciate this doesn't give an idea on comfort for any length of time :dohh:
will try to pop her in it for a longer period over weekend and get back to you! but on the babywearing site it scored high in reviews too so that reassured me when buying!

p.s. necklace arrived thanks chick :)

in all honesty i've only put isabel in it once and whilst it felt great and good quality i appreciate this doesn't give an idea on comfort for any length of time :dohh:
will try to pop her in it for a longer period over weekend and get back to you! but on the babywearing site it scored high in reviews too so that reassured me when buying!

p.s. necklace arrived thanks chick :)

Excellent! :D

Don't go out of your way to wear Isabel just to check for me hun! Let me know if you do wear her but don't go out of your way! :kiss:

I dunno what to buy tbh! Think I'll just keep a look out...

x

lol...it's ok i need to shift my ass in gear and wear her more to get her used to it as she loves being carried...by my arms and arms only! i sold moby wrap as she refused it and even woke from a deep sleep to kick up a stink when i wrapped her whilst she slept!

i need to make sure she has no choice but to like the mei tai! :rofl:

we use an Ellaroo MT just like this one https://www.grassrootsstore.com/ProductImages/W9971-LRG.jpg I like it but I use my close more, the MT gets used by my DH most of the time, I will use it once the wee one is a bit biger

we use an Ellaroo MT just like this one https://www.grassrootsstore.com/ProductImages/W9971-LRG.jpg I like it but I use my close more, the MT gets used by my DH most of the time, I will use it once the wee one is a bit biger

That's lovely for a girl hun! Sometimes I wish I had a little girl, purely for the things you can buy for them.

xx

lori i feel the same, there is so much lush stuff out for girls and them not much for boys which is not fair me thinks we need to kick up a stink lol.

I recommend simply meitais, mamsemums if you prefer front carries, cwtshis if you like back carries, i also really really like daisychains !
Are you on naturalmamas websites ? Theyres some awesome deals on second hand carries which have meant iv been able to try carriers i would never have been able to afford new and so would never ever have got to try !!
It depends on you and id say the more you can try the better, some people prefer padded waists, some people prefer buckles to tying ( in which case rose and rebellion are great ! ), they all have different shapes etc its just trial and error as what other people have raved about sometimes iv not found anything special, and sometimes theyre brilliant !!

sorry i really ramble ! Have you considered a woven wrap ?

I recommend simply meitais, mamsemums if you prefer front carries, cwtshis if you like back carries, i also really really like daisychains !
Are you on naturalmamas websites ? Theyres some awesome deals on second hand carries which have meant iv been able to try carriers i would never have been able to afford new and so would never ever have got to try !!
It depends on you and id say the more you can try the better, some people prefer padded waists, some people prefer buckles to tying ( in which case rose and rebellion are great ! ), they all have different shapes etc its just trial and error as what other people have raved about sometimes iv not found anything special, and sometimes theyre brilliant !!

sorry i really ramble ! Have you considered a woven wrap ?

Oh hun I forgot to say I saw your post about the above carriers on another thread but couldn't find where to buy them? Is the mamsemums a french make?

No I'm not on that site but will have a look this evening!

Ramble away hun - I would love the advice from such a pro! :thumbup:

x

lol aw i definatelt woudlnt call myself a pro but i have tried a fair few ! I got my mamsemum from naturalmamas for sale or trade board but im not entirely sure where they can be bought new from but they do crop up on there second hand from time to time, il try and find out for you !
Its a shame i didnt join this site sooner the lady who makes simplymeitais made one that was sent to people to try out the new deluxe version but i think the lists all full up now :(
I have this one
https://www.simplymeitai.co.uk/plugins/content/mavikthumbnails/thumbnails/274x439-images-orangebirdswebsite.jpg The silks nice and cool when its hot and nice and the cords lovely and soft and snuggy when its cold, and the hood great for when flo falls asleep to stop her head lolling bac :) If you were happy to pay for insured postage your more than welcome to borrow it, im a wannabe enabler and im already sending a stretchy and a basic simplymeitai to kitten on monday :p
I couldnt sell it to you if you fell in love but the lady does wonderful custom ones ( im getting one made for my little girls birthday in october :D)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"