Mei Tai users...

Plumfairy

Mum-mum-mum-mum
Reaction score
Layla just doesnt seem to be comfy in it! She cant see over the side for starters and I get the impression its uncomfortable having her legs wide open around my belly like that. Am I doing something wrong?

Can you post pics hun? Have you tried putting her in the fetal position (her legs I mean?).

Is it the Baby Hawk? I'm online (MSN) if you wanna show me?

x

I havent taken any pics yet as she hasnt really been in it long enough. Will try and take some tomorrow if I get a mo. Think she'd hate the fetal position as she doesnt like being restricted and would just kick the crap outa me!! :dohh: x

is she sitting properly? if the sling isn't supporting her weight properly it could make her hips ache and so she wouldn't want her legs spread. when you have done your waist tie (which should be right up near your bust) sit her in and quite firmly tug the fabric up her back and do a little hop whilst holding the shoulder straps so she moves down into the 'seat' of the sling and then tie. Also are you tying under her bottom or round her back? maybe try the opposite to the one you are doing as this can affect comfort.

Hope this helps!

is she sitting properly? if the sling isn't supporting her weight properly it could make her hips ache and so she wouldn't want her legs spread. when you have done your waist tie (which should be right up near your bust) sit her in and quite firmly tug the fabric up her back and do a little hop whilst holding the shoulder straps so she moves down into the 'seat' of the sling and then tie. Also are you tying under her bottom or round her back? maybe try the opposite to the one you are doing as this can affect comfort.

Hope this helps!

I didnt know that.. The picture that came with it showed it tied at about belly button height. That could be where Im going wrong! HAve had it tied under her bum as am worried it'll feel uncomfy if its tied behind her back. Thanks for the reply :D x

I knew someone would help! :D

Give it another go tomorrow and let us know how you get on... not, I'll have it :winkwink:

x

Great topic she was fine in newborn position but shes now in middle too big for newborn but too small for next stage

Also, anyone know how to get them in when wearing it on your back? Is it a 2 man job?

There are loads of videos on youtube that show you how to do all the positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfck0-x7Z3E

Great demo! thanks :D Will give it a try later! She makes it look really easy too!!

Heya youve probably solved your problem now but i thought id add some suggestions anyways :) How do you tie your meitai around your waist apron or non apron ? As wearing your carrier apron or rolling the waist will mean baby sits higher up and will be able to have arms out/see out of the meitai :)
If you think babies legs seem too little to be out then try cynching the bottom of the carrier with a hair bobble or peice of ribbon so that its narrower !
Hope you both find the love tomorrow xx

Thanks scatterpatch! Good idea with the hair bobble! :D x

how did you get on with your back carry? i find it easiest when i'm all tied up round the waist and either OH puts her on my back like a piggy back or cross your arms and kind of swing her round and keep one hand on her and pull the fabric up around her. Takes some getting used to but feels fab to carry them like that! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->