Mei tais

Farie

Reaction score
I've been doing loads of reading and think I want a mei tai for when bubs arrives or gets a little older (DF wants a ergo baby carrier with the insert for newborns)

But there seems to be different ones, some have the long straps and others have buckles

Are either 'better' as such or just different for convenience?
Also is it better to use a traditional 'wrap' style for newborns? Closeparents do a nice looking one that adjusts by rings rather than ties so I think I might be able to get on ok with that - mobys just confuse the hell out of me!

Thank you :flower:

You know, I was just about to post a thread asking how people got on with a newborn in a Mei Tai - I was looking on Youtube at a vid about how to tie a Mei Tai with a newborn and it seems pretty simple...still doesn't look as comfy to me as a wrap though :shrug: (for me or bubs)... I was set on getting a wrap (like the Moby, but WAHM made) but someone has a Mei Tai available really reasonably, so I'd like to try it out... (DH seems to be happier with the idea of a Mei Tai for some reason..).

Anyway, not much help here, but interested to see what others say. :)

for me a Mei Tai with straps is definately the better option ...i have heard people find it hard to asdjust the ones with buckles etc...they are ok for a NB but i wouldnt recommend it (in my experience) till bubba geta a bit bigger..

I have seen the Close Parent carriers and they look really confusing to me, Moby's are the way tp go in my opinion especially for teeny tiny's! ...if you want i can video myself putting on my moby to show how easy it is to put on and put bubba in :)

xoxo

a tricotti is really simple, it's 2 stretchy pouches, similar to a close but not as confusing with the rings etc. I like MTs and my buckles but they are better for 4 months plus when their legs are longer for legs out ime, i have worn a newborn in them too though

She's not exactly a newborn now, but here's my baby in a mei tai at 6 weeks old:
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/555ann555/6weekoldmeitaiwithmummy-450.jpg
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/555ann555/6weekoldmeitaicloseup-450.jpg

This is her at 7 weeks tied with a lexi twist to give additional support to stop her slipping down in the mei tai:
https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/555ann555/lexitwist9thJune2010.jpg

I've got a moby too, and love having her in it, but it is just too hot on the warmer days we were having, and I've found the MT is really quick to put on, so if I need my hands free in a hurry it is more convenient to grab that. But I found the moby easier on my back if babywearing all day...

Personally I wouldn't go for rings & buckes, because I like the flexibility long ties give. I'll be able to do back holds once she can hold herself up, and I don't think I'd be able to do so many different kinds of holds if I was using rings & buckles :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->