• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mental illness survivors

Welcome :wave:

Words are failing me a bit today but just wanted to say hi. How are you doing today? :hugs:

hey thank you, im not to bad, i was at doctors today and i didnt get what i hoped so hopefully i will get it soon. how are you? x

Welcome to all the new girls :) The last few days have been really crappy. The problem is, DH and I are both bipolar, so two bipolar people in a relationship, sometimes its hard to keep it together. Mine acts up more than his does, but the last few days he has been having "episodes" with his bipolar and really hurt my feelings with some of the stuff he said and did....didn't help that we had just gone through a hard time with me finding out that he lied to me, now this...its fine now, but it was hard. I guess because he really doesn't have those "episodes" as much, I don't realize how I must act when I do. It was hard to have to think back and see that there were probably plenty of times that I hurt his feelings or was mean to him and didn't even realize it...just thought I would share my revelation with you ladies. Hope everyone is well...:hugs:

Hi all.
Fantastic thread Amy! Only just found it.

Im classed as mildly depressed...and i have panic attacks.
I also suffer bad mood swings but seeing as my doctor doesnt have time for such things i am keeping it to myself.

My moods go from very needy of others company to not wanting anyone around me at all.

Im on meds atm, but they arent really helping...:shrug:

Its nice to have somewhere to come and tlk bout things like this with.

hi ellie 21, what meds are you on if you dont mind me asking?
how long have you been suffering from depression?

Im on sertraline.
And i was diagnosed with depression 4 months ago

Not been here for ages......welcome to all newbies.

I've been having other health issues recently, details are in GS, but I have been really worried that it would set me off again, but touch wood I'm ok,

Saw the health visitor for Chloe yesterday, she's convinced that I am some sort of head case and that its inevitable that I have PND, she is just on my back all the time and doesnt seem to have grasped that I dont have PND, I've never had it and that I feel ok.

Its like there is a red mark all over my maternity notes so every one is just waiting for it, its so annoying

Midwifes are too quick to say that! I had loads of midwifes telling me that...I told them "No, im a new mum, im tired as ive been up feeding all night, up early, and i feel like shite cos i cant remember the last time i got to sit down to eat" That shuts them up.

Hi everyone, don't really belong here as i haven't got a mental illness, but today I have some pretty bad thoughts. I self harmed a long time ago and have never had any repeat episodes, but today I soooo wanted to do it.
I have a pretty good life, 4 amazing kids, 3 of which are in full time school and theo is a really good baby (most of the time), he sleeps through the night and is generally very happy. And a really loving OH, who loves us all to bits and will do anything to help and make us happy, problem is he gets stressed so easy, and I can't handle it. I've spoken to him bout it, but he said thats the way he is and it will never change.
today, I was sat on the back door step and just wanted to smash my head into the back door, I remember thinking 'will that hurt as I really need to do it', then I started thinking about cutting myself.
I really don't want these thoughts to be there, just needed to share xx

Evening, hope everyone is doing well today!! Just been put on a new anti d! Citarapram or something.... I hate taking tablets and im sure they never work xx

hey i was on citlopram 20mg for about 6 weeks, what dosage are you on?

Hi gang, haven't been online as have just moved house and no internet set up yet. Not so great at the mo as am not enjoying my summer job nearly as much as I thought I would be -if anyone has some enthusiasm lying around please send it my way ;)

On the plus side, OH and I are enjoying living on our own :) The move was quite stressful and hard work seen as we're at the top of 4 flights of stairs! Over now though so hopefully we can start settling into our new place.

Maidenet: Hope you start feeling better on the Citalopram. It didn't work for me but everyones' internal chemistry is slightly different so hope it works for you. I was hoping to try coming off my meds this summer but at the moment think I might just stay on them.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Chins up :hugs:

Ive only just noticed this so Im going to be brave, only spoke about this in the private forums I think.

Ive had issues with self harm since I was 14, although the past 2 years it has decreased dramatically the amount of times and the severity. I also take mini overdoses.
Theres nothing really wrong with me, I have depression and anxiety and thats about it. Nothing compared to what some of you girls have been through :hugs:

xxx

Can I come in? :blush:

Depression runs in my family and since I was 11 I have had bouts of depression, where I would not leave my room/get dressed/eat for like a week.
Aged 13 a family member sexually assaulted me which sent me on a downwards spiral. Completely broke down to my Mum over a year later and she got me seen by Barnardo's and my GP's councillors. Bad experiences with both as they were very rude. At 15 I got referred to an Eating Disorders clinic but I never went (I didn't think I needed to as I never threw up or starved, just binged for comfort).

Aged 17 I blacked out one day, last think I remember was wanting to tell my Mum something and she left for work so I sobbed, in the space of an hour of my Mum leaving, I had wrote a letter to my family and friends apologising took my Mum's Anti depressants, boxes of panadol & paracetamol. I cannot remember this at all I just woke up in an ambulance. I saw a Pyschciatrist & was under the care of the Crisis team for a few weeks. I got referred to YPAS a young councillors and the lady walked out and turned the light off while I was mid conversation so I never went back.

I got diagnosed with Post Natal depression but I am refusing med's as I don't want to be dependant. Last year I became very anxious and wouldn't leave the house. I got diagnosed with Agoraphobia & Anxiety a few months back and told I need to go on Citralopram but again I refused. I attended Anxiety groups with PSS the Post Natal Depression lady with teh help of a family support worker from my local Surestart who drives me tehre every week. Unfortunatley there was only me there so they pulled the groups and I dont know how i am going to go about it, but I have improved with going out alone!

heya people, things anit going to good for me atm, my doctor wont put me back onto antidepressants since i overdoesed on them last time. i am currently homeless jobless and college less so things not going to good for me at all.

hi guys, and welcome to the newcomers, I've not been here for a bit so apologies for that.

Just a quick update, i realised that I may need a bit of support and have requested to go on a wellbeing course run by our local surestart centre.

I dont feel like I need real crisis intervention, just a helping hand if you get what I mean.

I'm back to not wanting to leave the house, not eating much etc.

Hopfully this will just give me a little something to sort myself outr rather than needing meds and counselling, as I've done so well to this point I dont want to start down that route again yet.

Damn this bloody illness, why cant I jut get on with my life

Amy hun...i think it is great you have created this thread and may i add i admire all you survivors...i think you are all great and should be so proud of yourselves :hugs:

I am a psychiatric nurse and work on a daily basis with people who suffer from a variety of mental health problems and i can't say i know how its been like for you all but i have a insight....

You go girls...i think you are all fab :happydance: xxx

I tackled one of my biggest issues this week and Im so proud of my self.

My mother who left me when I was a baby. I emailed her and asked her if we should meet.

She replied saying yes.

I feel sick and scared... i dont even know her, the woman who gave birth to me. But Im doing the best I can, its another step forward.

I know this wont seem like a lot to most but its one of the biggest things Im trying to deal with in my life and have been for as long as I can remember.

xxx

Hi ladies :hi:

Well, I have just finished dinner. I didn't eat all day except for the salad that my new employers fed me. The dinner I made was a Stouffer's meal, 2 of them to be exact as I was ravenous. I should have just eaten one! :dohh: Fat cow that I am. Anyway, for the first time in MANY years, I want to purge myself of the dinner I just ate. :dohh: :cry: I'd love to say I hae no idea where these eating disorder thoughts are coming from but I know exactly where it's coming from. I'm stressed about my new job, afraid that I'm too inadequate to handle the job and that I'll be a major disappointment to my family. Add that to the fact that I am, for the first time in my life, considerably overweight, I have a law suit pending against my former employer, worried about my fertility, our finances, and yeah I think that's it, it's no wonder my eating disorder is being triggered. I haven't had this much stress in quite a very long time AND I have no therapy atm.

Truth be told, the eating disorder thoughts and actions have been around for at least 3 weeks now. It started with depression (as it always does, my depression always leads to my eating disorder) I don't want to eat, eating only about 1 or 2 meals during the day. When I started exercising (doing laps in the pool), I had this strong sense of not being able to stop. 25 laps turned into 50, 50 turned into 60, until I eventually forced myself to stop at 64. But then, all of a sudden, I started doing jumping jacks as soon as I got out of the pool. I got through 50 before I had no breath and realized I needed to stop.

DH wants to know EVERYTHING I'm going through. If I'm depressed, he wants to know, he always says that it's important for him, me and us to know what each other is going through at all times. But what do I say, "Hey hunni, I really want to puke up my dinner, let's have sex." :rofl: I've already caused him so much worry, I don't want to add more mix to the batter.

I'll be ok tonight. The dinner will stay put and DH is on his way home. But that strong feeling of wanting to purge just kinda through me off guard....ALOT!! So, I just needed to write things out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->