Michael ??

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
what do you ladies think of the name Michael? Personally I like the sound & the fact it's not overly commonly used nowadays.

Which middle name goes best with it?

Michael Paul (hubby is Paul)
Michael Saul (Hebrew for Paul)
Michael Jude (our original 1st name choice,but sil has just took it)
Michael Joseph (hubby's middle name)

Anything else you can suggest??

My dads name is Michael and ds3 has it as his middle name so I'm biased! It's not overly used anymore - ive been teaching for 11 years and have never taught a Michael but it's still very traditional. I also like Michael Joseph (Joseph is ds2's Middle name too), my dads name is Michael Brian if that's not too old fashioned for you???

I'm not a huge lover of it- it's just a name I've never been keen on for some reason. I think Michael Joseph goes best x

I had a feeling you would be back to Michael. My opinions on just the name and nothing else are: It used to be more common than it is now and I grew up with a lot of boys named Mike but I don't know of anyone recently given the name. My son has never had one in his class. I consider Michael a traditional name. I don't know what country you are in but there is an American sitcom called Mike and Molly and it is up to you if that is an okay association given your daughter's names. I don't watch sitcoms so I don't know much about the show other than the title. All names have associations and it's up to you to determine which ones are worth considering and which ones are not. I like it best with the middle Jude.

I'm from Ireland & have never heard of that TV show. Daughter is actually Molly-Rose, so it would be Molly-Rose & Michael. Her name would always be spoken first since she is the eldest. I quite like my kids both having M names, but still so disappointed we can't have Jude as a first name.

Jonah is a no go because hubby's bro (who has just used the name Jude) already has a Jonah too. Besides that Jonah is a beautiful name too.

Have you spoken to your cousin then? I think Michael is a nice enough name, although a bit bland I think, since every third 30something seems to be called Michael. But with your family situation, I'd really reconsider. No name is pretty enough to cause others pain over imho.

Family seems to be ok with using the name Michael. Michael wasn't really that common a name when I was growing up, only ever met a few at school. My school was full of Paul's, marks, Kieran's & Matthews. I think Michael is probably much more common in America during the 80s than it was in Ireland.

I know a ton of Michael's. But my favorite out of your list is Michael Jude.

My husbands name is Michael so I like it but yes it is a very popular name here in Canada. He's 28 though and most michaels I know are around this age so it might now be as common anymore!

I love the name Michael, I wish we could use that name! From your list I like Michael Paul the most, having father's name. Michael Jude sounds nice too, but if it were me all I could think of is sil using the name I originally intended.

I have a brother named Michael Joseph. Those names flow together really well -- he's always seemed to like it!

Well I told my little girl that she can pick whichever middle name she wants & she has now said she would like to use Paul after her daddy & uncle who will be the baby's godfather. I know Paul mightn't flow the best, but I will let Molly make the final decision when the baby is born. She is starting to love the fact Michael & Molly both begin with M. Jude does sound great with it but I'm not sure if I would live with a constant reminder of the first name he should have had. Guess I'll just see how we all feel when we see his little face for the first time. Joseph is great too, but Molly doesn't like it. I want Molly to have an important part in the naming because she actually really wants a little sister, so i want her to feel she has an important role in the naming of her little brother.

I like Michael! There are a couple round here who are ds2s age, I think It's making a comeback

I like the name Michael - it's my twin brother's name. My children (5 and under) all have at least one friend named Michael, though. We live in the US, and the name is still super popular here! I think it's usually a middle name these days, though. I like Michael Paul, and I really appreciate that you let your child help name her future sibling. My sister named me - I always hated my name and changed it as soon as I could, lol, but I still think it is very sweet that my sister named me, and I'm sure it helped her bond with me when I was little. (She's 10 years older than me, so bonding took a lot of effort back then.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->