Mid-August Testers

Hiya, I'm CD9 too, and like you MrsBea23 I'm on to cycle 4. This month I've decided to use opks as my cycles are shorter after BCP than they were before, and I'm getting a bit lost. No +ve opk yet, but I have a feeling it'll be c.28th July. Assuming my cycle is going to be 26 days like last month, then I could be testing on the 12th, though I will try to hold off until the 14th August. Good luck ladies!

So have you ever researched the shorter cycles? I quit BC in mid march and have been averaging 26.2 according to fertility friend, this is okay right? I have read that as long as your luetal phase is more than 10 days you are ok? Just wanted your opinion. Also, do you tend to ovulate earlier since your cycles are shorter?

Sorry for all the questions, just haven't met anyone in the same boat.

No problem! To be honest I'm doing opk's to get a more definite answer. Since giving up BCP I have had cycles from 23 - 29 days (though I have had spotting for a few days before AF in the longer cycles)

After the first month (23 day cycle) I read up on LP and decided to keep an eye on my EWCM to give me a rough idea of how long my LP would be. (TMI alert!) My EWCM tends to be around 13/14 days before AF so assuming the opks also suggests that OV is happening at this point, then the length of my LP shouldn't be an issue. It's the LP rather than the length of cycle that we need to keep an eye on. There are certain vitamin supplements that I have seen mentioned on the boards which have increased the length of this, but it's probably worth having a chat with a GP in case they have other suggestions, if you think yours are shorter than 10 days.

I consider that I ov earlier, because I always had a 28/29 day cycle before and without observing my cycle I was assuming that I ov'd c.CD14, when in fact last month it would have been c.CD12. Ov seems to be earlier because my LP is staying at 14 days rather than having reduced with the length of my cycle if that makes sense? I'm also taking a day off that 'for luck' as I keep missing the egg!

There are a few ladies in NTNP who are like us so keep your eyes peeled for them too. Good luck xx

So on fertility friend it says that my average OV date is cycle day 13, but I have only remembered getting + on CD 11, so needless to say I am CD 12 and haven't received an LH surge, I will test today, keeping fingers crossed.

Question, can you ovulate a couple cycles after BC and then stop OVing all together? If so, I am afraid this might be the case. My chart on FF is really strange this month.

Hey there girlies! This is my 2nd month trying.

I am on CD12. Just waiting to OV - which is usually either CD13 or CD15. I am guessing CD15 (8/1) this month as I did a OPK this AM and was basically the lightest line known to man. Also, I usually get OV pains and have none yet and have no CM either.

Plan of action this month is BD every other day. Last month we did it everyday for like a week and was exhausting bc I work like 60 hr a week!! And this month we are trying out Pre-Seed.

I totally plan to test on 8/14.

FX for all us mid-august testers!!

Snowflake - I am testing on the 14th as well.

CH - It can happen but I am sure that is not what is happening to you, maybe you just missed your surge are you testing between 12pm and 8pm?

Snowflake - I am testing on the 14th as well.

CH - It can happen but I am sure that is not what is happening to you, maybe you just missed your surge are you testing between 12pm and 8pm?

I got my positive at 1:15 today so I used an internet cheapie and then confirm with Clear Blue Digital Smiley!!

I was testing around 4:30 everyday because that is when I was getting home. My chart just looks weird, so I am afraid I am one of those people who gets + OPKs but never actually ovulates, but! Oh well, husband will be happy tonight!:happydance:

Great news CH. If you attach your chart I can have a look (not that I am an expert lol).

Great news CH. If you attach your chart I can have a look (not that I am an expert lol).

I would love to attach it, but I have no idea how! Also, my chart has not confirmed OV yet, so I am worried that I received a posItive OPK and my BBT is not showing OV.

Let me know how to attached it! Your opinion would be greatly appreciated!

Hey ladies,

So right now I am CD14 and FF has not confirmed OV based on temps but had positive OPK. Also, today I noticed a small speck of blood (TMI) when I wiped. FF said I would probably OV somewhere between CD11 and CD14. I am getting worried I need to go to doctor, help! :)

i will be testing on or around aug 12th. this is our first month ttc! and our first child :)

Hi everyone.

We are NTNP/TTC #1, this is our first month. I don't chart but I have a rough idea of when I ovulate (it helps that I can actually feel it when I am around O time) so it's been keeping us busy =D

Just trying to relax and not freak out by the magnitude of what we are trying to do ^_^

Anywho, AF is due on 18th. Hopefully it won't come =D

Hey ladies,

So right now I am CD14 and FF has not confirmed OV based on temps but had positive OPK. Also, today I noticed a small speck of blood (TMI) when I wiped. FF said I would probably OV somewhere between CD11 and CD14. I am getting worried I need to go to doctor, help! :)

Hooray for positive OPK! The blood is normal, it can happen from the egg releasing from the ovary. It is a good sign indicating Ovulation!!

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone today.

CH I am at work at the moment and don't know my FF password but when I get home i will post how to attach your chart.

And like snowflake said blood at O is very good it means very fertile.

So, after my short cycle theory, I got a +ve opk on Sunday which was CD14. Now not sure if this means this will be a 28 day cycle, or a 26 with a 12 day LP.:wacko: This could make for a very puzzling 2 week wait!

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone today.

CH I am at work at the moment and don't know my FF password but when I get home i will post how to attach your chart.

And like snowflake said blood at O is very good it means very fertile.

Thanks MrsBea!! I would love your input and thanks to you and snowflake for putting my mind at ease. I can tend to be an over-analyzer. Have a great day at work and hope to hear from you soon!

I'm doing ok. My chart this month is a hot mess. Ups and downs. Temps are higher than usual Pre-O - which I am attributing to the upper 90's temps outside. I have never had a chart so bad since I started temping in March. I don't know what to think. I think I OV'd yesterday but not sure bc my temp barely raised this AM so I don't know. I guess I will know tomorrow if my temp goes up again. Gonna BD tonight just in case I didn't OV yesterday. Sorry for the babble.

So, after my short cycle theory, I got a +ve opk on Sunday which was CD14. Now not sure if this means this will be a 28 day cycle, or a 26 with a 12 day LP.:wacko: This could make for a very puzzling 2 week wait!

NotNic- I have had an average cycle of 26 days since quitting BC in March, and my signs are all leading to O on the cd14, so I am in the same boat as you. Will be 26 again or 28??? Keep me posted and good luck to you!

I'm doing ok. My chart this month is a hot mess. Ups and downs. Temps are higher than usual Pre-O - which I am attributing to the upper 90's temps outside. I have never had a chart so bad since I started temping in March. I don't know what to think. I think I OV'd yesterday but not sure bc my temp barely raised this AM so I don't know. I guess I will know tomorrow if my temp goes up again. Gonna BD tonight just in case I didn't OV yesterday. Sorry for the babble.

Snowflake- I think I O'ed yesterday too, but only a .24 rise? I think the batteries in my thermometer are shot. Going to pick up a new one day. It keeps displaying LO? Let me know if your temp raises again! Good luck to you!

Snowflake- I think I O'ed yesterday too, but only a .24 rise? I think the batteries in my thermometer are shot. Going to pick up a new one day. It keeps displaying LO? Let me know if your temp raises again! Good luck to you!

.24 is good raise! I would change batteries if it says LO, I suppose just to make sure. :)

My .07 raise is horrible!! :(

.24 is good raise! I would change batteries if it says LO, I suppose just to make sure. :)

My .07 raise is horrible!! :(

Oh! Keep your head up!!! You will be crossing my fingers for you!! Just think, it's a raise!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->