Mid-May buddies!

I saw the doctor yesterday to get my midwife referral (finally!) And today when I took back my exemption paperwork (we get free perscriptions and dental care in the UK when pregnant :) ) they gave me my flu vaccine.

I see the midwife on the 21 of October to have my booking in.

I seriously wish it was that easy to get a midwife here. I applied the DAY I found out I was pregnant, but learned later that the application didn't go through properly. I then applied AGAIN at 5.5 weeks. I heard back requesting a 'secondary' form get filled out specific to the midwife group, and now I've been waitlisted. I'm about 99.9% certain I will never get an offer at this point. So OB and hospital birth (and likely at my least wanted hospital) it is. Though my OB has excellent reviews online AND gets mentioned over and over again glowingly in forums, so there's that at least.

Midwifery is seriously underfunded here. They started a program in one of our provincial universities, one so over-subscribed the competitive grade was 4.0 (perfection needed, jeez) and then refused to fund the grads.

Hey! So update, had a scan today and looks like we've lost or are losing twin B. Still measuring 6w4d and I'm 9+2. However, twin A was measuring a couple days ahead with a steady heartbeat of 170!

Amanda, I'm sorry that Twin B isn't growing on track. So thrilled for you that Twin A is a healthy and hearty little one, though!

I saw the doctor yesterday to get my midwife referral (finally!) And today when I took back my exemption paperwork (we get free perscriptions and dental care in the UK when pregnant :) ) they gave me my flu vaccine.

I see the midwife on the 21 of October to have my booking in.

I seriously wish it was that easy to get a midwife here. I applied the DAY I found out I was pregnant, but learned later that the application didn't go through properly. I then applied AGAIN at 5.5 weeks. I heard back requesting a 'secondary' form get filled out specific to the midwife group, and now I've been waitlisted. I'm about 99.9% certain I will never get an offer at this point. So OB and hospital birth (and likely at my least wanted hospital) it is. Though my OB has excellent reviews online AND gets mentioned over and over again glowingly in forums, so there's that at least.

Midwifery is seriously underfunded here. They started a program in one of our provincial universities, one so over-subscribed the competitive grade was 4.0 (perfection needed, jeez) and then refused to fund the grads.

Everyone here sees a midwife unless you are high risk. I won't see a doctor again now.

Hey! So update, had a scan today and looks like we've lost or are losing twin B. Still measuring 6w4d and I'm 9+2. However, twin A was measuring a couple days ahead with a steady heartbeat of 170!

Sorry to hear one has stopped growing.

Anyone else noticing a mood change? I'm crying a lot less and feel generally less mopey, but I am much quicker to aggitate.

There's been a few times this week where my partner has done completely innocent no harm intended things that have caused me to lash out or speak unkindly for really no reason at all. Very odd for me.

I don't have another scan until the end of the month so nothing fun to report till then. I'm still as sick as ever (throwing up daily) and sleeping for 10+ hours a day and still feel tired.

Butternut I'm actually finding the opposite lol. I've found myself starting to cry at commercials, or anything even remotely sad on tv or in movies. I have noticed that I'm not feeling AS nauseous as I was. Still feel icky, buts it's on and off now, not 100% of the time like before. Of course this worries me, but since I saw everything was ok yesterday trying to just hope that maybe I'm one of the lucky ones that ms ends early or right at 12 weeks. Since I'm high risk, I'll be getting weekly scans for the next couple weeks. I'm 9+3 today. Can't believe I've made it this far!

Amanda, yay for weekly scans. They have been so reassuring for me. But next week is my last weekly scan, and then I will be on the "typical" schedule for normal pregnancies. This week's scan was so fun because the baby was moving and wiggling all over like a dancing gummy bear. :)

I have noticed that I'm not feeling AS nauseous as I was. Still feel icky, buts it's on and off now, not 100% of the time like before. Of course this worries me, but since I saw everything was ok yesterday trying to just hope that maybe I'm one of the lucky ones that ms ends early or right at 12 weeks. Since I'm high risk, I'll be getting weekly scans for the next couple weeks. I'm 9+3 today. Can't believe I've made it this far!

My doctor told me my nausea will peak at 10 weeks and then gradually get better again. We're almost same day buddies!

Butternut, you can add me to the easily agitated list. Right now everything annoys me. Lol, at one point today I almost told the hubbs (who is currently travelling in Europe) to stop being such a needy woman.

Butternut, you can add me to the easily agitated list. Right now everything annoys me. Lol, at one point today I almost told the hubbs (who is currently travelling in Europe) to stop being such a needy woman.

Haha I am sooo snappy and that's not my usual personality at all. Anything even mildly annoying turns me into a total grump monster.

I have noticed that I'm not feeling AS nauseous as I was. Still feel icky, buts it's on and off now, not 100% of the time like before. Of course this worries me, but since I saw everything was ok yesterday trying to just hope that maybe I'm one of the lucky ones that ms ends early or right at 12 weeks. Since I'm high risk, I'll be getting weekly scans for the next couple weeks. I'm 9+3 today. Can't believe I've made it this far!

My doctor told me my naesea will peak at 10 weeks and then gradually get better again. We're almost same day buddies!

It's so timely I read this because I'm exactly 10 weeks today and I FEEL SO BAD. :sick: I had to drag myself to work, and now that I just got to work, I wanna go home already and crawl into bed.

Well hopefully you'll be getting better from now on, Moonstar!! It should be totally gone for all of us by about fifteen weeks (this is my first pregnancy and I'm relying heavily on what my doctor tells me). I really really hope it does go away, I don't know how much longer I can endure all this vomiting.

Oh man, Moonstar.... I'm only 9 weeks and I know exactly what you mean... I wake up and am already ready to go back to sleep before work even starts! I could sleep all day!!!

Lol so this afternoon was terrible, must have jinxed it this morning when I said I wasn't as nauseous lol. And yay almost same day buddies butternut :)

Anyone else doing stupid gender prediction things? I've done the ring/hair test and it's told me both boy and girl (seems totally random each time I do it). I know I'll be happy either way but man I wanna know!

Butternut I haven't tried any of the prediction things, but last night I had a dream that I was having a boy. I've read that when you dream one, you're having the other, but I'm sure there is NO evidence to support that lol.

Butternut I haven't tried any of the prediction things, but last night I had a dream that I was having a boy. I've read that when you dream one, you're having the other, but I'm sure there is NO evidence to support that lol.

I know it's all a bunch of baloney but it's still fun haha

Amanda how you feeling about things? Really hope you are OK and that your pregnancy is a beautiful and healthy one.

So nice to be able to moan to you ladies. I am 9+4 today and the nausea is starting earlier in the day now. I can't remember how it peaked last time just that I felt exactly like this. My mom reckons I am worse but I am probably just moaning more. Nervous for it to peak next week! It feels pretty peaky right now! I am literally just about tolerating it without needing to take meds. If it gets any worse I shall ask my Gynae for something.

Danny I'm feeling pretty good. Obviously I'm sad that we lost the little twin, but at the same time I'm grateful for the strong one we do have. Also I'm already a nervous wreck, so carrying twins would have made the whole pregnancy so much more stressful.

I'm starting to feel a bit better, which is a little stressful, as I thought it was supposed to last longer, but anxious for my 10+2 week scan on Tuesday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->