Mid-May buddies!

Butternut, I sent an early scan into be analyzed by the "gender experts" websites for the ramzi method. Haha. I'm sure it's total malarkey, but they said baby boy and that's what my early instinct was too. Now I'm back to feeling 50/50 but for weeks I was stuck on the feeling that it was a boy. I'm very ready to know too! I'm going to do NIPT testing, so hopefully will know in 2 weeks or maybe a little more. Very excited about that. :)

I was hoping to be one of those women who escapes actually throwing up....not so! It started about 30 minutes ago.
I got up this morning with so much energy, I even went to the gym for a swim!

Oh, Mary, I'm so sorry! It has happened to me too and I also thought I would avoid it. Let's just tell ourselves that a month from now we'll be on the downswing of symptoms hopefully! Hope it's a one time deal for you and doesn't come back!

At this point I WISH I would throw up.... my nausea is so bad right now that I'd almost welcome it. ughhh. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. My whole body aches and I can't seem to get a good night's sleep.

Danny I'm feeling pretty good. Obviously I'm sad that we lost the little twin, but at the same time I'm grateful for the strong one we do have. Also I'm already a nervous wreck, so carrying twins would have made the whole pregnancy so much more stressful.

I'm starting to feel a bit better, which is a little stressful, as I thought it was supposed to last longer, but anxious for my 10+2 week scan on Tuesday :)

Oh thank goodness. So glad you are settling in to the pregnancy. I also have my scan on Tues! I will be 10+1!! Let me know how you're goes. I know how awful it is when you feel sick and then it's worse when you feel better but luckily the scan will ease any worries of yours :)

I'm ten weeks today! Very much looking forward to feeling better so let's hope this downward slope to the honeymoon phase is as easy as I've been told it is.

Butternut, I sent an early scan into be analyzed by the "gender experts" websites for the ramzi method. Haha. I'm sure it's total malarkey, but they said baby boy and that's what my early instinct was too. Now I'm back to feeling 50/50 but for weeks I was stuck on the feeling that it was a boy. I'm very ready to know too! I'm going to do NIPT testing, so hopefully will know in 2 weeks or maybe a little more. Very excited about that. :)

I sent mine too lol.. They said girl which is also my instinct. We will see at christmas time i suppose. But now im adament its a gil and think ill be all wtf if its not haha

where are these "gender experts" website? I am interested... lol

I'm super curious, if it was free I'd do it, but I don't think i'll spend $10 for a guess when I'll get to find out the gender for sure (via the harmony test) in just two weeks! Still definitely let us know if they end up getting it right for you ladies when you find out the gender for sure.

I genuinely believe my nausea is a little better! It could all be in my head but I feel like now I've hit that ten week bump it's all going to be easy breezy. The only thing really getting me down now is my exhaustion and gross smells, I struggle to make it through the day without falling asleep and the smell of bananas make me gag.

I know this has been said earlier, but for how many of us will this be our first child? It'll be my first! I'll also be the first in my friendship circle to have kids.. none of them even want kids. I'm kind of worried they'll stop wanting to hang out once they find out I'm pregnant.

So I've just spent a while looking at old wives tales and made a thread in the gender prediction forum, just as a bit of fun.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/g...avings-more-old-wives-tales.html#post37826217

Ugh. My nausea mostly went away just to be replaced by the urge to vomit all the time. I hadn't thrown up before the Friday before last, now I've thrown up about 4 or 5 times this week. Ugggh.

I think I feel another one coming on, maybe. :sick:

Ugh. My nausea mostly went away just to be replaced by the urge to vomit all the time. I hadn't thrown up before the Friday before last, now I've thrown up about 4 or 5 times this week. Ugggh.

I think I feel another one coming on, maybe. :sick:

Been there! It's definitely not fun. I'm feeling so much better this week, really hoping this settled stomach is gonna stick around. Hopefully yours will calm down soon!

Also something that got me through all the vomit without going insane was the reminder that it means my baby is strong, healthy and growing like a champ xx

I'm super curious, if it was free I'd do it, but I don't think i'll spend $10 for a guess when I'll get to find out the gender for sure (via the harmony test) in just two weeks! Still definitely let us know if they end up getting it right for you ladies when you find out the gender for sure.

I genuinely believe my nausea is a little better! It could all be in my head but I feel like now I've hit that ten week bump it's all going to be easy breezy. The only thing really getting me down now is my exhaustion and gross smells, I struggle to make it through the day without falling asleep and the smell of bananas make me gag.

I know this has been said earlier, but for how many of us will this be our first child? It'll be my first! I'll also be the first in my friendship circle to have kids.. none of them even want kids. I'm kind of worried they'll stop wanting to hang out once they find out I'm pregnant.

Most of my friends bailed when i had my son.. I truly feel i dont have 'good' friends anymore.. I have friends that call when its convenient for them. Now im onto my second lol its going to be worse..

But youll make new friends.. I think thats part of being parents.. You make other parent frunds.. Hopefully!

Argh, I know that's a common experience but it still does make me sad. I do hope I'll make a bunch of new mom friends when the time comes.

I had to find new Mom friends. I did a meetup playgroup and found all the people I hang out with now.

Lol, I've been looking into old wives tales and stuff too, Butternut. Also, according to that ramzi theory I'm having a boy which just feels off to me. I don't know but every time I try to envision this little one being a boy, it feels off. I have a very strong feeling it's a girl but who knows? Guess we will find out eventually!

As for the mom friends thing.... yeeeeeeaaaaaah, I live in a very small and close knit community. I'm a bit of an outsider because I'm not originally from here so I'm hoping I'll be able to make some "mommy friends" by the time the little one comes around..

Butternut it is a worrying thought -all of my friends started having babies at the same time but my 2 best friends still don't have kids. I don't see them as much but when I do it is exactly the same. I don't talk about kids when I am with them as I don't want to. With them I like to relive my single life ha ha and it's really great to be able to switch off from the routine for a while with them. It will be different but you will find your new way round the friendships.

I moved to a new city when DS1 was a few months old and made a whole bunch of amazing friends through joining moms and tots groups, swimming etc. We then did play dates together and even started handing out for dinners with the OHs. You will carve out a little friend niche for yourself I promise!

Hello!
My name is Claire, I'm due on (I think!) May 12th! My scan is not until November 1st, it feels like a lifetime away!

looking forward to getting to know you all!

Welcome Claire! Gosh that's such a long wait for your first scan! I've had two already and I'll be having a third on October 31st.

I've had multiple early losses so I definitely couldn't wait, the stress of not knowing if everything was okay would of done me much more harm than good.

Danny & Jenzy while it's always hard making new friends I'm kind of excited to meet some people who are more on the same page as I am in life. A lot of my current friends just want to get drunk and party nonstop just like when they were in college. I'm still in my early twenties but most of them are in their thirties (my husbands age) and it seems odd that they aren't tired of that and ready for the next step.

Ninja my husband is convinced we'll have a girl purely because he really really wants all boys. I've no idea but I do keep referring to my belly as a he for some reason!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->