Mid-May buddies!

Sonny sorry for the palpitations and the wisdom teeth. Double whammy! Good luck on Thursday. Do you have any inkling what gender LO is?

MissDoc, what a cheeky little guy. Glad the scan went well and I guess the benefit is one more chance to see him next month. :winkwink:

I just had my first random person notice my bump. I was at the ups store and the wonderful lady at the counter took one look at me and said....so???? Both DH and I were taken back because I do not think I am that noticeable yet (15 weeksish) and I had a big sweater on. Guess it is time to scale back on the xmas cookies :haha: Guess that lead me to a question. When did you notice you popped? Also...a stupid question...how did you know you 'popped'?

MDC, I "popped" just a week ago, just before hitting the 18 week mark. I had started to look thicker in the middle much earlier on, but it didn't start looking like a baby belly instead of just thickness until this past week. I felt like "popping" for me was when there was a noticeable and distinct curve/subtle roundness that poked out consistently. Now people are noticing and it's fun. :)

Danny, lovely you're feeling taps! I'm anterior as well (I just found that out yesterday). I've felt rolls and some taps, but I don't feel like movement is increasing like everyone says it will! It's still early, though. It is exciting! I love the thread idea!

Glad you're feeling better, what an awful thing to go through! Yay for a bonus scan, though :)

Maryp, wonderful you've agreed on a boy name!

Sonny, I agree with you! I use a neti-pot for sinus wash anytime I feel pressure up there and I haven't gotten an infection for years now :) Sorry to hear about your heart palpitations! Has your doc suggested baby aspirin at all? Wisdom teeth?!? How awful! I can't wait to hear how your scan goes!

Hi Butternut! Sorry to hear about your nerve pain! I don't have a nursery set up at all, we haven't even finished putting on the primer. I use the room for yoga right now! I can't wait to hear everyone's suggestions as it's my first time and I am clueless. We've been looking around, but I think it's totally normal not to buy anything big until after 24 weeks or so. And yes, I have big stuff on my registry, but I'm not planning on anyone picking that stuff up! I'm having two small showers, one here and one down where my family lives (traditional to have one there, but I don't want to leave my local friends/family out!) and I'm doing a registry mostly just to get free stuff from amazon/target :haha: The reviews on stuff are helpful, though! Still having trouble figuring out a breast pump. Any opinions on double ones?

Mdc congrats on team PINK!! Any names picked out yet? So funny about the random person milestone! AFM, haven't popped yet :)

MissDoc, love the pics! Look at that little nose! So funny about how stubborn they can be, right? Sounds like you're far along on the preparation wagon!

My scan went really well yesterday! Well, mostly. 12/18 was the anniversary of when we found out about the MMC for the twins last year, so I was super anxious about this visit. It was hard to be in the office, even though it isn't the same OB, and OH was stuck working so I was alone, just like last year. I didn't think it would be a big deal, though. Anyway, then they tell me the sonographer is behind and the OB will see me first, but not my usual OB (which is fine, I want to meet all of them anyway BC who knows who will be on call when I deliver!). I'm fine until I start thinking about it. Then I start tearing up right before she comes in to do the doppler...When she does come in to do the doppler and we hear the heartbeat, all of my emotions just release and I start crying, I don't know if with relief or what, but it was just a tough moment. It was good knowing everything was fine. I guess I was really depending on that scan first to know she's moving around and all. Anyway, they finally got me in for my scan and sure enough, she's fine, wriggling around in there. I felt totally ok after that, except for a bit emotionally drained. I did find out I have an anterior placenta, so I might feel less movement. Maybe that's why I haven't felt the dramatic upswing in movement I thought I would! Or maybe it's just not a dramatic thing.

Eek, congratulations on your scans everyone! I'm glad everything seems OK even if one little one wouldn't play ball! Isn't so cute the suck their thumbs in the womb!

Feeling baby move has def been gradual for me. It's getting more obvious but still very sporadic! I just suddenly get some sharp jabs and wriggling and then it stops again!

Wisdom teeth are the worst. Teething is so painful, I can totally appreciate what poor babies go through when they get them all at once! Poor things! I've had a liquid and very soft food diet today to try give the gums a break from chewing! I've not heard of baby aspirin? Is that something you can take in pregnancy?

Gender wise I've always thought baby was a girl but I think it's been swayed by the fact all my family are convinced it will be for some reason! I'm quite happy either way, just excited to know!

Sonny, when do you find out? We have to wait till Jan 12... I'll be 22 weeks by then. :( I'm so eager to know!!!

As for the popping question.... I knew I popped when my Grade 1 student said "you're belly's getting bigger" LOL. Yesterday, one of my Grade 2's said "You're not skinny anymore!"... thanks kid. Hahaha

One of my teenage clients yesterday asked me how far along I am and then said "it looks like it might be a big baby"

Had my 20 week scan this afternoon .. we are having a little girl :) :) absoloutely over the moon! I didn't mind but I know my OH was hoping for girl so I'm pleased for him!

Baby seems well, growing well and anatomy looks fine! Was stubborn though, the sonographer had to raise the bed so my legs were up in the air to get the baby to move! She also said baby was bum down and sat right on my bladder which would explain why I've constantly needed a wee for the last couple days! I was worried I might have an infection!

Not popped in here in a while, I've been so busy! I'm 19 weeks on Saturday so almost at the half way mark and can count down instead of up!

We had a private gender scan on the 17 week mark and definitely saw a boy, so our NHS 20 week anomaly scan on the 4th Jan best confirm that! I still don't feel like I'm showing yet and people in work have made comment about how I'm not looking preggo ... wait until after Christmas and mince pies!

Both my 12 week and gender scan spoke about and anterior placenta and I've not felt any distinctive movement yet, although occasionally I can feel rolls (I think). I'm panicking at not feeling movement and considering buying an at home doppler to ease my mind!

Also went to SW tonight and I'm still 9lbs lighter than when I started, which was the week of my LMP, so I'm quite chuffed!

We had anatomy scan this week.. Gender is wrapped up in an envelope on the tree, as per dhs request. So we will find out together christmas morning.

Battling a head cold something awful this week.. Any tips mommas? Caring for my 14 month old is taking so much out of me

So glad everyone is seeing their beautiful babies on their scans moving about and healthy.

Sonny ha ha about baby being bum down on your bladder!

Becca I was so bleak when I heard about my placenta but my gynae said it actuallly shouldn't really make much difference and it hasn't! Hooray! But this is baby 3 so I am much more stretched out in my poor womb!!

The last week I've been feeling loads of movement when I lie down or sit. And right now I just got such a huge kick it was so distinct and like I remember them from DS1 & 2. A solid thump. My Christmas pressie from LO!

Sonny congrats on the girl!

Dream catcher, congrats on the boy.

Mississippi, curious on what the envelope said.

I am pretty sure I have felt a couple pops but still sporadic so excited for her to be more active that I can feel.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah everyone.

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you had great days yesterday! And thank you for the congratulations on our little lady!

I'm spending my Boxing Day waiting to see an emergency dentist. Dohhh. Having no end of problems with my gums, my face currently looks like a chipmunk! The things they don't tell you about pregnancy! Oof.

Sonny, sorry to hear about the gum problems, I absolutely HATE mouth pain.

Hope everyone else is having a great holiday break!

We had our 20 week scan today, and all is normal and well. Also, we found out we're joining team pink!!!

Welcome to team pink Amanda. Congrats and I am so glad things are all good!

Thanks MDC! I still get kinda nervous before scans. Baby girl has been pretty active today and yesterday though, after being a little quieter the week before. I guess she's moved into a different position, which is fun for me :)

Congratulations on the baby girl Amanda! :)

My little one has def stepped up the kicking a notch now. I'm still not really noticing any kind of pattern to the movements but I am un-mistakenly being kicked at various points the day! My OH has managed to catch a few of the stronger kicks, which is nice! :)

Happy New Year to everyone, babies are due this year!! :)

Happy new year everyone!
Saw my beautiful baby last Friday. S/he was lying face down the entire time and it took ages to get all the measurements.
We managed to stay on team yellow.
I have to go back at 33 weeks for another scan as I have a low lying placenta,they said they are 99% sure it will move up by then.

Happy New Years everyone! Congrats on everyone finding out their baby's sex! I'm 21 weeks this week and we find out at our scan in 12 days! I can't wait!!! I'm also happy that I'm finally starting to abandon the chubby look and am starting to actually look pregnant. LOL!

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 6
What a beautiful bump ninja!!

Sorry about the teeth problems Sonny. What a pain! Literally. Not fair to have all this extra hassle when we are busy GROWING HUMANS!!!

Glad everyone is doing well and that the scans are all showing healthy happy babies.

I've been away with the family for a week at the beach. The second part of our holiday. Back to work tomorrow but feeling great. Have been extra tired and lazy the past few weeks but it may be the heat we have here (30 degrees Celsius most days) and my pelvis is taking a beating. Otherwise got my 21 week scan on Friday and am feeling baby move loads every day. Also no pattern to them -sometimes she is quiet all day and other times she wriggles around for ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->