Mid-May buddies!

Sonny, yay for your bump! I'm sure you'll find some lovely maternity tops :)

MissDoc, not much longer until your next scan! I think mine is about the same distance away. It does feel like forever, though, doesn't it?

Mdc, I've been congested for ages! So annoying...

Danny, how odd that he was evasive! Sounds like a girl to me! Any chance you'll get another scan soon for another peek?

Sonny, yay for your bump! I'm sure you'll find some lovely maternity tops :)

MissDoc, not much longer until your next scan! I think mine is about the same distance away. It does feel like forever, though, doesn't it?

Mdc, I've been congested for ages! So annoying...

Danny, how odd that he was evasive! Sounds like a girl to me! Any chance you'll get another scan soon for another peek?

Yup thankfully! They scan us once a month in SA as the healthcare system is private here. You do pay out your bum for the service but the medical help is of such an incredible standard. So my next scan is at the fetal assessment center at 21 weeks and then back with my regular gynae once a month after that and once a week from 36 weeks to delivery.

But feel so much better now! Just chatted to my next door neighbour and she goes to the same gynae and she said he doesn't like telling gender cause he isn't so hot at it. He guessed boy for both her girls and admits it's not his strength. Which I never knew cause he is such an incredible doctor so I just assumed ... so yes, am now totally happy and excited; girl!!!

Yay, go team pink! I love boys, too, but I'm currently biased due to my own team pink status :happydance:

I'm so glad you get to peek again soon! We have our 20 week coming up in a couple weeks, but we did the MaterniT21 test and got girl. Hope things match up!

Danny sounds like a girl!
I'm sneezy and stuffy too and not feeling great today. It's very cold here too!
My bump seems to have lost the bloat and is a little smaller but more of a proper bump now

I'm totally stuffy nosed but I have been since about week 6! I had a real cold a few weeks ago and felt dreadful but now I'm back to my just usual can't really breathe! I asked the doc about it at an appointment for something else and she said it's pregnancy rhinitis? To do with the increased blood flow or something! Can't wait for heyfever season if it continues :)!

Def sounds like a girl Danny!

Becca the 20 week scan is so wonderful -you get to see so much detail and I remember with my boys seeing their beautiful little pouty lips for the first time!

Lanet your bump sounds gorgeous! I still have a lot of top bloat but my uterus is definitely creeping up and getting rounder. Funny, with DS1 & 2 I don't remember having so much soft stuff at the top -my bump was higher and seemed more baby than gas and guts, but since everything is lying so much further down this time due to stretched ligaments it feels so so different.

Ah yes Sonny the increased blood volume causes a whole host of annoying things to occur. Hope you feel better soon. Hay fever is the pits! And we can't take all the drugs that help with it. Boo

I heard about the pregnancy/stuffy nose connection as well...not sure if it's me as I have a tendency towards it anyway, but it's definitely not cutting down on things!

Danny, you've got me all excited for the scan! I hope I get lots of printouts. Maybe she'll do that 4-d thing she did early on.

Strange how much pregnancy can change from one to the next! I definitely feel a hard bump now, but it's still pretty low - but starting to show! Unfortunately, I'm also getting thicker. I've gained 5lb since Thanksgiving! That makes 9 in total :( Guess it's time to cut out the sweets...:haha: I just have the feeling I will gain way more after the halfway mark.

It's so interesting how varied we all are as far as bumps, symptoms, etc. I guess each pregnancy is as different as each baby!

I have a bump but as my husband would say, I'm at that point where people would be afraid to ask if I'm pregnant (because I just look lol I am getting chubby) LOL!

Attachments

• IMG_4250.jpg
    IMG_4250.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4
Guess I am not the only one with nasal problems. Ha ha ha!

Ninja cute bump!

I definetly have bloat and no bump yet (14 weeks tomorrow), but it is weird for me it is not all down below but higher also. Such a weird space the beginnings of the second tri. Feeling better, look like I am eating too many holiday sweets and still quite a while for kicks. Hopefully with Christmas time will fly.

Hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend.

Yay team pink!!! I'm so anxious to find out gender.

How's everyone doing? Round ligament pains have subsided this week, but they've been replaced with a nasty cold. Hopefully on the mend now. Feeling bubs move every day, seems to be more active in the evenings. Hubby is anxious to be able to feel them too. Scan on Monday went well! L2 scan on the 29th.

We decided to focus on name choices after we found out. Hubby's been napping since we got home, which is like... all day, so haven't discussed yet.

Congratulations on a girl Arturia! :) lovely news!

Just under two weeks until my anatomy/gender scan.. eek!

Looking good Ninja! I'm also at that could be pregnant/could be chubby stage! I was at the doctors yesterday and a little girl pointed at me and said to her dad that 'that lady has a baby in her belly' .. the dad went bright red and looked mortified and was like 'no no, I don't think she does'! Haha, I quickly reassured him I was in fact pregnant and not to worry! :) made me laugh!

Arturia, congrats on the little girl!

Amanda so glad the rlps have subisded and darn the weakened immune system. You need a second trimester break :winkwink:

Sonny that story made me laugh. Kids are so open and adults...well sounds like he maybe had a bad previous experience thinking someone was preggo and she wasn't. Poor guy!

Yesterday I spent all day making Christmas cookies and took the day off of work. It was bliss. However I was so wiped last night. For the lovely ladies here. When did you fatigue go away? Most nights I fall asleep at nine still.

Art yay for your girl! I cannot think of a single girls name but could name another 10 boys. Will probably go for something gender neutral in the end!

It's so frustrating when your bump is in the in between stage where you feel like you should push it out more or tuck it in! It is weird what goes on above the actual uterus -all the organs and gas. I can't wait for that space to be filled with actual baby! Ha ha Sonny that is so funny the poor dad!

I am feeling baby move now too Amanda! Only when I lie down on my tummy. I think cause then my anterior placenta is pressed up against her so she moves in protest. It is always in the same spot and little proper taps. Loving it! Feels like I'm pregnant for the first time and discovering this all brand new :)

Congratulations on a girl Arturia! :) lovely news!

Just under two weeks until my anatomy/gender scan.. eek!

Looking good Ninja! I'm also at that could be pregnant/could be chubby stage! I was at the doctors yesterday and a little girl pointed at me and said to her dad that 'that lady has a baby in her belly' .. the dad went bright red and looked mortified and was like 'no no, I don't think she does'! Haha, I quickly reassured him I was in fact pregnant and not to worry! :) made me laugh!

LMAFO, I had a student's little sister point to my belly and ask "what's in there?"

On another note: I am getting sooooooooooo impatient right now. We could technically find out gender around Christmas but because no place is available at that time, we have to wait till Jan 12 to find out gender. I'm really really hoping for a girl! We came up with a boys name finally but can't agree on a middle yet. I'm just too in love with our girl's name though. I feel like a jerk saying it, but I think I might be a little disappointed if it's not a girl. :(

Hi everyone, I am still around!
17+4 now and have a proper little bump. We have our 20 week scan on December 30th,keeping the sex a surprise if we can!

Don't worry Ninja, I think a lot of people have a preference! It's natural to feel some disappointment if the gender isn't what you wanted but I imagine it's something you'll very quickly shake off! And you'll begin to get excited for whatever gender!

I'm in the really don't mind either way camp, for years I wanted a little boy but more recently I'd kinda swung to wanting a girl (probably because my friends baby girls are much calmer than the boys! :) ) but now I'm pregnant, I really don't mind. I just can't wait to know, I think it'll help me with bonding and to feel able to settle on a name! I still find it pretty surreal that there's a baby in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->