mid term ttc!

My name is Tiffany.
It true though I tell you guys so much more then anyone else. I don't feel embarrassed either.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: I totally just assumed your name was Kelly!!! Well you know what they say about assuming :haha:
As for me mine's Allison. I like knowing people's name's, good idea! Seems much more personal.
Also, thanks for the support ladies. It hasn't been the best day, but i'm taking it in stride. I know I will get my :bfp: one way or another. My problems with stress are because of the financial aspect, but even more because i'm impatient!!! :wacko:

Bobo/Chelsea~ Good luck with your appt. tomorrow. I will be thinking about you!

Mine stresses are also about the financial aspect. I know IVF or ICSI will work for us as I am totally healthy in that respect but we don't have the money to pay for it.

My last name is Kelly :rofl: everyone who I have told my name said the same thing! lol.

Wishin/Allison, when do you find out the particulars about the SA?

wow knowing real names is so cool!!
it feels that we knw each other a bit better now..

wishn/ Allison - hang in there... u will get ur BFP sppn and who knows u wont even need anythin...

:rofl: Tiffany, I assumed your real name would be Kelly as well.

I am in agreement with you girls Allison and Tiffany.. (cool it feels like I'm talking to real people now, haha... well you know what I mean ;)) I am willing to face what/if there is something wrong with us. But I am so worried about the financial aspects, because I know we wouldn't be able to do anything like IVF for at least a year. Just gotta keep reminding ourselves that it will happen one day. PMA!

Oh geez, I need to go to bed..its almost 1 am here..

Haha it's just past 2am here! Got in my VD session at 1am. Speaking of which, would you classify 1am sex as AM or PM, I always put PM cause to me it's in the same day just that we went to bed a bit later... technicalities :rofl:

First names are nice especially cause the BnB names we come up with aren't always easy to spell or remember for everyone.

I want my temp rise in the morning!.... I keep hearing a funny noise in my house.... whats going to go wrong next.

Hey ladies my name is sal.. nice to get to know you all bit more better now.. :)

I'm back from my Dr.'s appointment. Surprisingly, they were very helpful. I'm so glad I brought in my charts, because I know they took me more seriously because of that. My Dr. said that I may have a luteal phase defect and might not be producing enough progesterone. My appointment was timed well for the cd21 blood test, so they took my blood for that. And they gave me paperwork to come back on cd3-cd5 to test my thyroid levels and all that. My DH has an appointment to get his SA on August 25th. He is not looking forward to that!! :dohh: But anyways, I'm happy things are moving along and hopefully we'll find out if something is wrong soon. :thumbup:

:mrgreen:

My real name is Fay. Leila Fay is what I'd call my second daughter (if I have one :dohh:) after Poppy Mary for the first one. I just decided to change the spelling of Fay to Fae for fun! Leila is also the name of a character I have played who is a fairy in an operetta (Iolanthe by Gilbert and Sullivan) and Fay means fairy so there's a kind of link!

I am SO glad it's the weekend. Work's crazy and it's so tiring. When not at work I'm stressing about the house we just bought or stripping wallpaper and chipping cement off the walls! We have to get the house re-wired, central heating put in and lots of plastering. The cost seems to be mounting and co-ordinating it all is hard work! We just want it done so we can move in! :happydance:

Awwwww Fay, I totally know how you feel! Although DH (Chris) and myself are nearing the completion of our projects. At least of the things that can be done in the house, we completely tore down a room and put up new walls, subflooring and flooring and paint and redid the rest of the basement. We're focusing now on the basement apartment we rent but can only do so much as someone lives there for now. We're hoping to have a window installed in one of the room in the apt to bring it up to code so that when we sell the house we can get more for it. I am painting a ceiling today! Yippee! That means the apt kitchen is almost done, we're also tiling the backsplash today in that kitchen. I could go on forever about it but I'll stop.

So I might have O'd yesterday as long as my temps don't go down FF will peg cd20 as O date for some reason at 4dpo and not 3 but whatever. I just want it done already, so I think I am 1dpo.

Oh and Chelsea I am so glad that your appointment went so well! You are lucky to have such a nice caring doctor. Do you chart? If you do if you posted your link we could take a look at them but hey if you don't want to thats cool to.

I do chart, I should post my link for you all to see. ;) Tiffany and Fay, all your guy's house renovations sound like so much fun! I love doing that stuff.

Oh yeah, and they said my DH's SA is going to be $179. Does that sound about right and normal? Our insurance doesn't cover any infertility issues, so we have to pay all out of pocket. But oh well, its worth it.

I don't know how much they are ours are covered here at least diagnosis is not treatments, go figure. You're in the States right Chelsea? I remembered someone from the states telling me they paid 100 bucks so it's not that much higher and probably fluctuates.

Home renos are fun when it is done and you can admire the hard work you put in but doing the work is hard and painful... I am a little clumsy so I tend to hurt myself from time to time like today when I dropped the incredibly big screw driver on the top of my foot I swore for like 2 minutes :rofl: hopefully no one heard me, never knew I Had such a dirty mouth!

I do chart, I should post my link for you all to see. ;) Tiffany and Fay, all your guy's house renovations sound like so much fun! I love doing that stuff.

Oh yeah, and they said my DH's SA is going to be $179. Does that sound about right and normal? Our insurance doesn't cover any infertility issues, so we have to pay all out of pocket. But oh well, its worth it.

Thats exactly how much ours cost last week.

Tiffany, we have a consultation with the fertility clinic doctor on Aug. 25th. We should find out then. That appointment is going to cost another $197. Also, the clinic recommends two SA's if a problem is detected (I think thats pretty standard), so that will be another $179 when they schedule that! Ugh, it's adding up already. Makes me wish we didn't have bare bones city govt. health coverage. If only I had a job! haha
To add insult to injury, on Monday our realtor is coming to get our house listed to move. I think we might be nuts.

I don't know how much they are ours are covered here at least diagnosis is not treatments, go figure. You're in the States right Chelsea? I remembered someone from the states telling me they paid 100 bucks so it's not that much higher and probably fluctuates.

Home renos are fun when it is done and you can admire the hard work you put in but doing the work is hard and painful... I am a little clumsy so I tend to hurt myself from time to time like today when I dropped the incredibly big screw driver on the top of my foot I swore for like 2 minutes :rofl: hopefully no one heard me, never knew I Had such a dirty mouth!

Yeah, I'm in the states. And I am the same way..incredibly clumsy. Don't even trust myself with a hammer.

Allison, does your insurance not cover any of the testing? Mine won't cover anything to do with fertility. So all these tests we are paying out of pocket. And if I need something like clomid, I'll also be having to pay full price for that. It sucks because we were planning a trip to L.A. to get tickets to see Ellen DeGeneres (i love her! :)) and Conan O'Brien. But I think that money is now going towards paying for all these tests, and whatever treatment we might need.

Also Allison, are you moving?? I thought you just go into a house? Unless I'm confusing you with one of the other girls..

It sucks that you guys have such a crappy health care system. No offense or anything not meaning to insult your country. Canada is not the best but it's not bad, diagnosis is covered just not treatment so IVF etc comes out of our pockets.

Allison they do recommend two SA when one comes back bad. We just scheduled DH's 3 and hopefully his last before our clinic appointment. I still don't have an appointment all I know is that it should be in Oct. God my boobs and nipples hurt right now! They normally do during O but not like this. I also didn't feel O pains this month like i did last month.

That doesn't offend me, we all know our health care system is sh*t. We get good care, but its the insurance companies that are horrible, greedy jerks. Health insurance companies here go to great lengths to find ways to get out of paying for stuff. And we pay SOO much in insurance premiums every month. If we are lucky enough to conceive, it'll automatically be at least an extra $100 more per month to add a baby, on top of the amount we pay for my husband and myself. And my deductible just for me is $1000, so we pay a lot every year for health care. It pisses me off!!:growlmad: Hopefully things will change and become more affordable.

Yes that is quite bad! I only pay 20% of all my drug and dental costs and thats only for prescriptions all basic medical care here is covered by the gov so when we have a baby we don't pay for the birth and apts etc. DH is already paying for our additional coverage which is the prescriptions and dental as a family cost so when we have kids it won't go up. and DH cause he works for the gov doesn't pay for any prescriptions and only 10% of his dental.

Wow, that would be really nice. Its such a worry for many people here. Some are lucky to have good health plans, but many are paying more then they can really afford. Or there are TONS without any insurance. When I was in college I didn't have any and would always be worried about breaking my arm or something. I was sick one winter and had to go to a free clinic and wait for hours and hours to be seen. If you have a terrible accident and no insurance, you are basically going to be in so much financial debt for a long time.

I have heard that Canada's health care is affordable, but I have heard from some people that it takes forever to be seen. Is that true, or are you able to get into the Dr. fairly quickly? I also heard the E.R. is always packed..?

I actually don't think our insurance is that bad. When we have kids it won't be anymore expensive because the way DH's work does it is you sign up for single or family so we are already on family since in on his. We had to pay a little bit more than we would have liked for my surgery, but it wasn't bad really. I just hate hate that we don't have any infertility coverage at all. :/

Chelsea~ Yea, we are moving. Our house is getting listed on Monday. Actually my realtor just left from dropping off the sign in our garage! We don't have any business doing this right now cauase we've only lived here for a year and half so far! But me and DH are not happy here (some crap neighbors moved in after us) and my family situation has changed so moving closer to my mom will make our lives a lot easier.

OK I will shut up now :blush: Long post, Sorry!

I agree there are lots of people that have good health plans. Like my Dad's, he only had to pay $120 a month for a family of 6. Thats really good. But as of right now, the plans that are offered through my DH & my work are not awesome. (hence, why I probably sound bitter right now. ;))But he's going to be working in education soon and they usually have great health plans.

That really stinks about bad neighbors. :( That is never fun to deal with.

Okay, I'll shut up too now.. haha, I'm being way too talkative today! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->