Midraines

VEgan

Reaction score
Hey,
I am 25 years old and 16 weeks and 2 days pregnant and have been suffering with migraines for 4 weeks now and each migraine lasts for around 3-4 days. Both midwife and doctor keeps telling me to just take some paracetmol which dont work.
I feel dizzy and sick with them and finding it hard to go to work or do anything normal. I cant handle it any more and end up crying most days, can any one help?

Many thanks!:nope:

Hey hun, I suffered with migrains before I even got pregnant, but I had my first pregnancy one last night and it was much worse than my normal ones.

I dont even take the paracetamol because they dont touch my normal ones either.

The only thing i can do is go straight to bed in a very darkened room - i but an extra sheet up at the curtains if its light outside, have a cold compress... you can get migra cool from most supermarkets and they are menthol just takes some of the edge off... or just a cold flannel - it will help until you nod off.

Also fluff your pillows and then find a comfy spot try not to move your head. I would also recommend a sick bowl.. gross I know but my migraines only ever go after I have been sick and slept them off. I litterally cant function!

Fingers crossed you find something that works for you, but you defo need to be lying down and trying to sleep them off...xxx

if they are affecting your work then you need to stress to your doctor and mw that its really having an affect on your life so they can give you a sick note for your boss so if you need to take time off you can

I'm also a constant migraine sufferer. I get one every 3 months or so, that last 3-4 days. I can have the occasional small one in between too.

I've learnt to recognise the symptoms of my migraines, and try to start preventing it before it comes!
I get an aura, my vision blurs and kind of tunnels, I get a stiff, sore neck, my speach slurs and i get hecka wobbly!
As soon as I feel these, its a dark room, eye mask, bed and sleep! I try and drink plenty of liquids before i go to sleep, and generally throw up after a couple of hours.
Honestly, even if I take migraine medication, it barely takes the edge off.
You have to just ride it out.

Go tell your doctor it is effecting your work, you just cannot continue. They should give you a sick note for work. other than that, I can't advise anything. Good luck flower!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->