midwife today

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by emzeebob, Jan 26, 2011.

1. emzeebob

emzeebob mum to 2 boys, due #3 June

had my midwife appoinment today, hurd the heartbeat for the first time eva, made my oh cry a bit, it was really slow and sounded like a train, midwife wanted to put a bet on that its a boy cos it was slow lol. i hope its a boy but we dont mind either way, roll on the 3rd of march wen we find out :happydance:

2. scuffer

scuffer Mum to 3 lovely boys!

:happydance:

I love hearing the heart beat!

I've got a scan on 3rd March too (a private one), I can't wait to see the baby again x

3. theresarhuebb

theresarhuebb x mother of 3 x

aww mine sounded like a train too. my girls sounded like horses and we dont know what this baby is as it was sitting breach with cord between its legs. everythings pointing to a boy for us so fingers crossed, were hoping to get a private scan soon x

4. Green Lady

Green Lady Well-Known Member

I also got to hear baby's HB for the first time today! Mine sounded fast lol so maybe it's a girl? Whatever he or she is baby's growing like a weed--the midwife measured me above my dates again. :baby:

5. FierceAngel

FierceAngel Guest

Def a great sound x

6. salander

salander Well-Known Member

So when i go for my 16 week appt the midwife will listen for the heartbeat? Is that the norm for a 16 week appt?

7. Anna1982

Anna1982 mummy of 4

heard my twins heartbeats for the third time today, its so special every time
    I wouldnt put any belief in the fast and slow for gender
    my ds was fast second ds slow, and this time both girls one fast one slow lol

8. Green Lady

Green Lady Well-Known Member

They'll probably offer to listen, but tell you not to worry if they can't find it. Sometimes they can't hear the baby's heartbeat until later. :flower:

9. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

Aww it's always nice isn't it. There was a study to disprove the theory of fast = girl slow = boy. Google it and it gives you a nice graph showing pink and blue dots all jumbled up with no correlation. Shame really I'd quite like a girl and mine is fast :dohh: Still fun guessing though.