midwife today

emzeebob

mum to 2 boys, due #3 June
Reaction score
had my midwife appoinment today, hurd the heartbeat for the first time eva, made my oh cry a bit, it was really slow and sounded like a train, midwife wanted to put a bet on that its a boy cos it was slow lol. i hope its a boy but we dont mind either way, roll on the 3rd of march wen we find out :happydance:

:happydance:

I love hearing the heart beat!

I've got a scan on 3rd March too (a private one), I can't wait to see the baby again x

aww mine sounded like a train too. my girls sounded like horses and we dont know what this baby is as it was sitting breach with cord between its legs. everythings pointing to a boy for us so fingers crossed, were hoping to get a private scan soon x

I also got to hear baby's HB for the first time today! Mine sounded fast lol so maybe it's a girl? Whatever he or she is baby's growing like a weed--the midwife measured me above my dates again. :baby:

So when i go for my 16 week appt the midwife will listen for the heartbeat? Is that the norm for a 16 week appt?

heard my twins heartbeats for the third time today, its so special every time
I wouldnt put any belief in the fast and slow for gender
my ds was fast second ds slow, and this time both girls one fast one slow lol

So when i go for my 16 week appt the midwife will listen for the heartbeat? Is that the norm for a 16 week appt?

They'll probably offer to listen, but tell you not to worry if they can't find it. Sometimes they can't hear the baby's heartbeat until later. :flower:

Aww it's always nice isn't it. There was a study to disprove the theory of fast = girl slow = boy. Google it and it gives you a nice graph showing pink and blue dots all jumbled up with no correlation. Shame really I'd quite like a girl and mine is fast :dohh: Still fun guessing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->