Might b venturing into baby wearing!

kate.m.

Mummy to Travis
Reaction score
Im really tempted to buy a sling! unfortunately i dont understand them! ive read the review thread, but there are so many types and brands and age suitabilities, im still confused! i was wondering if a baby wearing expert could help me out with what type to get, and where is the best place to buy? :blush:

i really like the look of the less constructed types: i have 1 that looks like a backpack for ur front already, n i just cant get on with it. It makes my shouldres ache after about 5 minutes and im sure T looks like he's suffocating in it. :wacko:

Id ideally b after: something adjustable, so both me and DH can wear it. Cost is also an issue: id quite like a bargain! And something thats comfy for both Travis and the wearer. The 1s that are long strips of fabrioc look really comfy, where u can see the cute little shape of baby's bottom sitting in it all snug! Which 1sd are those and would they b suitable?

If this thread has been repeated a million times, could someone please show me a link, to save writing it all out again!!? :haha:

Thanks!!! :flower:

So it seems you would be after a wrap? You can either go for a stretchy wrap like a moby but they arent too good once the baby is heavier! Or you have woven wraps which is what i use! They can be quite tricky with tying ut once you get the hang of the they are easy :)

Agree on woven wraps, we have 2 of these and although they can be tricky to get the hang of at first, they do the job well!
The other carriers we use regularly are our mei-tais, these are excellent, and much quicker to put on, so we tend to use these more when we go on trips out anywhere :thumbup:

^^^WTS^^^
Because your LO is still quite dinky, wraps are defo the best. Stretchy wraps like a Moby or Close Parent are easier to adjust and very soft. Ideal for newborns until they hit about 12-14 lbs and have good head control when a SSC (soft structured carrier) like a Mai Tei or Connecta really comes into it's own.
A woven wrap will see you through all stages from newborn to toddler but can be fiddly at first. I'd steer clear of Babybjorns as they KILL your shoulders.
Good luck. Babwearing rocks.

I have a cotton calin bleu and loved it from the get-go.

a really good quality and really good price wrap is here https://sabebabywear.com/dept.php?dept=23 I have this and it is fab!! I have the black/white spotty one. But it is really suppoortive. Some wraps need to be retyed as LOs weight makes it slip when worn for a while, this one doesnt! It is really fab quality ESPECIALLY for the price! It comes with instructions on how to tie it, it doesnt take long to get the hang of it :D

Thanks for the advice ladies! It makes a bit more sense now! Duemarch2nd, that link is really good, thanks!
Off to do more research into wraps then!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->