Might be in wrong section but im confused where to ask?!

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
Right like title says i dont know where i should be asking this so i thought here cause none of the others really relate to it..

I had my son 2 months ago.. and the doctor asked me about contriception and i went on the cerezette mini pill .. but i was on it a week about and i forgot to take it like 4 days because i went out for my friends birthday and i knew id be drinking anyway so i didnt take it once then i just forgot i was even on it next 3 days.. but recently me and boyfriend had sex and i forgot all about my pill (i dont want a lecture about it all either i know it was a bad idea forgetting it) But like now its too late to get morning after or anything else..

I just wondered if taking the pill for a week before would it still protect me or not?

(i really dont want a lecture or anything about its my own fault etc etc i know im not a little kid i just really could do with some advice if anyones been on the mini pill or got pregnant taking it)

I dont think the pill would give you protection in the week you didnt take it.
Are you breastfeeding? This can give you extra protection.

I would say if you are not bfing and as not covered by the pill you should do pregnancy test about 2 weeks after you last had unprotected sex:hugs:

Thanx .. i think thats the only thing i can do wait till end month to do a test.
Im not BFing so that wont cover me either.
:hug:

Did you just start the pill this month? They recommend that you don't have unprotected sex for a month - 3 months when first starting it up, as you aren't covered under it yet. Don't mean that in a lecturing way, just information!!

I hope everything works out for you hun! :hugs:

I just ment people lecturing me about like thinking i might be pregnant again when iv got a 2 month old lol thats all not about the pill i really need the advice about it
Thankyou iv only just started it end of march :\

No lectures hun... we all have mistakes, trust me. I imagine having a newborn, you have a more hectic life as well! It's life! Make sure to test and let us know how everything goes!

:hugs: to you and best of luck!!

Thankyou ill come back on this thread most likly and let you know whats happened
xxx

Hey,

I got pregnant on the pill when I took it 100% religiously and had been on it 2 years (unfortunately I lost the baby)
My best friend also just found out she is pregnant and she hasnt missed one either so it just goes to show that even if you take it 100% its not guarenteed so dont beat yourself up.

What will be will be and you have support either way :)

Hey,

I got pregnant on the pill when I took it 100% religiously and had been on it 2 years (unfortunately I lost the baby)
My best friend also just found out she is pregnant and she hasnt missed one either so it just goes to show that even if you take it 100% its not guarenteed so dont beat yourself up.

What will be will be and you have support either way :)

Yes I think it depends on what type of pill you are on. Many pills are not very strong therefore leave an oppertunity for pregnancy. I was not on a very strong BC pill and had to be put on seizure meds so the doctor changed my bc to a much stronger one so the possibility of a baby was hopefully eliminated for the time being.

I think that they pills only cover you for 24 hours. That is why they suggest you take them the same time every day. I agree about testing in a few weeks that at least will give you a difinitive answer.

Do they have plan B where you live. Maybe next time that would be a good option??? Just a suggestion as I had to take that once when I forgot my pills while on vacation!!!

Hope it all works out. I KNOW how stressful having a new baby can be, let alone 2!!

I have family planning im guessing thats simler to Plan B .. but the women there ended up having an arguement with me last time i went because my doctor said i need my implant out cause it was effected my other medication or something and she wouldnt take it out for me so i had to go to hospital to have it out in the end .. but she said id only get pregnant if i have it out and i did but i couldnt have it left it :\ .. I know if i go back she will argue with me again seen as im only 18 and i could be a parent of 2 ..

I will just test in couple weeks time and see what the outcome is and if i am i will have to go to the doctors for a proper test. It doesnt help my periods will be mixed up off this pill cause i took it for like a week then stopped :\ so only way ill know is from a test

I guess the best thing to do is wait until you can do a test and see. The chances are your not pregnant if you only had sex once (fingers crossed) I guess my advice would be to use condoms at the moment that way even if you forget the pill your covered. Keep them in your beside drawer or purse and hopefully that way they will be handy.

I know but my 1st wasnt planned and that only happened once with my boyfriend and we used condoms then (must of split) and i was on the pill too and i took that properley and i got pregnant this is whats worrying me cause its this time last year when i got pregnant with mason :\.. Iv got tones of them anyway and soon as iv found out im going to take my pill properley if im not pregnant anyway. Hope im not at the moment anyway will be really hard.

Hey,

If it is less than a week ago, i think (not entirely sure) you can get an IUD (coil) fitted as emergency protection if it is too late for the morning after pill. I'm not a hundred percent sure though, but i remember it being offered to me after I had forgotten a pill and had unprotected sex, but i decided to take the risk and it turned out i wasn't. Try doing a search on the internet about the IUD try the family planning website part of the NHS i have always found it quite good. Good luck xxxxxxxxx

Im not having that i dont like the thought of it. My friends kind of figured things out for me she thinks i shouldnt be cause i should still be covered by my pill but im unsure ill just take tests and find out that way im not going back to family planning the women put me off ever going there again after she gave me a gob ful or no reason :\ i think ill be okay just have to wait and see.

I just wanted to let you know for next time too... If you have any more accidents, you can use your birth control pills as emergency contraception. You take high doses at once and it does the same exact thing as the Plan B pill. Just for future reference, if you google it, you should find the exact instructions! :thumbup:

im abit confused.. i usually come on my period start of the month i was bleeding really lightly monday and friday it like went and today its really heavy blood .. i dont know what it is, im thinking if my period was light and usually only lasts 5days how can it suddenly start again heavy! it doesnt seem like my normal periods either (i dont know how to explain that really) :(

Starting the birth control in general can change your periods dramatically, especially in the first month as your body's adjusting. I'm guessing its due to you just starting it...

Can anyone tell me when's the best time to test because at the minute i wont know when my next period will start cause there really irregular. I was going to around the end of the month .. (my next period should be around the 3rd of every month)
at end of the month it would have been like 3 weeks since it happened so a test should be able to tell me if i am or not right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->