MIL/Grandparent support thread

Already changed the number once and OH was daft enough to ring them from the new one, so they then had that number. That was all before we cut them off though, so when the number changes there is no way of it getting back to them this time.

I don't know if they are thinking that maybe one of the kids will answer the phone (not gonna happen) and they can talk to them or if they are just being mental :shrug:

And no, they aren't the brightest. I have no idea where OH got his brains from (one of the freaky math genius types), but it wasn't them. Maybe he took their quota of brain too?

Thankfully he is a lot better today. Still medicated up to the eyeballs to keep him comfortable but nothing like when he was rushed into hospital. Was in so much pain that his body went into shock, I thought I was going to lose him at one point. Will get much better very soon though and be back to dancing with me and our babies in the kitchen :happydance:

Wow, they are bright, aren't they?? :wacko: Silent calls...they need to grow up!

Hope OH gets better :hugs: Def. doesn't help when you have crazy IL's acting stupid when your OH is sick and you have a family to take care of.

So glad to hear he is better.

Your in-laws sound like they're stuck on stupid.

Sunday we went to the IL's and MIL kept pulling her usual crap. It was getting chilly sitting outside, so I was going to put him in pants that I had in the diaper bag. MIL was so adament about putting him in one of her outfits she bought for him and takes him inside. I follow and discover that she has about 6-7 outfits in 6-9mo. and 6-7 outfits in 12 mths. in her closet that she's keeping at her house for him to wear when he's there :wacko: He's never there, but maybe once a week or once every other week if I can help it for at most a couple of hours. So she puts him in the only pants outfit she has and was so smug about him wearing it. Then Clay made me proud and spit up a nice large amount of sweet potatoes all down the front this white shirt 10 min. later :haha:

Love that he puked on her outfit hahaha and very weird she has clothes for him that she's keeping at hers when he's not there much but oh well!

Well she even picked up stuff from garage sales last year like a swing, bouncer, high chair, pack-n-play, clothes and other odds and ends that she keeps at her house. The high chair and pack-n-play make sense, but the others I have no idea why she thought she needed them :wacko: Funny thing is, Clay never liked being in a swing or bouncer so she spent that money for nothing :haha:

Sometimes I worry she might be one of those baby snatchers, wanting to raise him as her own :grr:

Well she even picked up stuff from garage sales last year like a swing, bouncer, high chair, pack-n-play, clothes and other odds and ends that she keeps at her house. The high chair and pack-n-play make sense, but the others I have no idea why she thought she needed them :wacko: Funny thing is, Clay never liked being in a swing or bouncer so she spent that money for nothing :haha:

Sometimes I worry she might be one of those baby snatchers, wanting to raise him as her own :grr:

Ohhhh.. she's one of THOSE grandparents....:wacko:

Hilarious that he spit up on her outfit. :happydance:

My nan (mums mum) was that kind of grandparent with me. No idea why but out of 4 grandchildren I was her favourite n it was like she wanted me to herself to be hers.

When I was younger I loved it because I got what I wanted but got creepy when I was old enough to understand it lol

It is creepy lol Especially when you don't know if they're being over-zealous or trying to create some weird relationship that will help them feel like they're raising a child again. Odd behavior I tell ya :wacko:

My nan died in 2007 n earlier this yr I saw a medium and my nan is even trying to get me from the other side lol! Very creepy. She said she wants to hold me and for me to be with her on the otherside!

Thought her ghost was guna come kill me hahaha

Well done to Clay for dealing with those clothes in the way they deserved :haha:

As DeeDee said, one of those Grandparents. I have never figured out if it is sheer delusion (MYYYYY baby) or trying to keep up appearances. Either way it is pretty creepy and unnecessary and I'm glad that I didn't have to deal with that little foible. We only had a high chair bought for DD3 which was quite weird as, at that point, we only saw them half a dozen times a year. As it happens it was only used once.

Moomin, even trying to get you from 'the other side'... holy crap!

:rofl: at your Grandmother even favoring you even in the afterlife!

My mums response was she's still a nasty old cow then! Then she got really worried hahaha

Omg Moomin that's crazy! Better watch out and hang some garlic on the doors, oh wait that's vampires, not ghosts! Then better get rid of your tv's! :rofl:

Omg Moomin that's crazy! Better watch out and hang some garlic on the doors, oh wait that's vampires, not ghosts! Then better get rid of your tv's! :rofl:

Hahaha! Go to the light carolanne!.....freaky film lol
That was a year ago now and noting too bad has happened, maybe shes taking her time before she gets me :haha:

The medium saw the look on my face after she said it and then she said I'm not a psychic but it's not ur time yet, apparently I've got much more to do before I die.

I'm baaack and blooming fuming!!!
Back ground this time-
FIL came over last night to drop of ds pram/stroller and dh sounded 'down' on the phone. The reason he is down because his whole family forgot his birthday Saturday with exception of his sister. Well iv not been home since Thursday evening and had left washing up on the side and asked dh to do it whilst I wasn't there. Which he didn't. So I came home from work last night at 10 to find mil and FIL there telling me I'm a slob and dh is goin to have a breakdown because I don't do anything around the home!!!!! They stayed unil I did everything they wanted me to do and knew I hadn't eaten since that morning!
Now they are coming over again this afternoon to make sure iv done the housework today! They can fook off of they thing I'm letting them in and dictate what I do and when! My flat is always clean, yes cluttered as iv got 2 kids but never dirty.
They said ds was eating rubbish off the floor by the bin, he wasn't even in the kitchen!!!! And ate telling the family I don't care for my kids and my home is a health hazard, all because I left washing up on the side because I wasn't here and dh didn't do it.
This caused a massive argument between me and dh and now I'm don't wearing my rings and have told him its over as I'm not wiping is arse any more and then being accused of not looking after my home and kids. When I do every single thing about the home whilst he sits on his butt

Back ground this time-
FIL came over last night to drop of ds pram/stroller and dh sounded 'down' on the phone. The reason he is down because his whole family forgot his birthday Saturday with exception of his sister. Well iv not been home since Thursday evening and had left washing up on the side and asked dh to do it whilst I wasn't there. Which he didn't. So I came home from work last night at 10 to find mil and FIL there telling me I'm a slob and dh is goin to have a breakdown because I don't do anything around the home!!!!! They stayed unil I did everything they wanted me to do and knew I hadn't eaten since that morning!
Now they are coming over again this afternoon to make sure iv done the housework today! They can fook off of they thing I'm letting them in and dictate what I do and when! My flat is always clean, yes cluttered as iv got 2 kids but never dirty.
They said ds was eating rubbish off the floor by the bin, he wasn't even in the kitchen!!!! And ate telling the family I don't care for my kids and my home is a health hazard, all because I left washing up on the side because I wasn't here and dh didn't do it.
This caused a massive argument between me and dh and now I'm don't wearing my rings and have told him its over as I'm not wiping is arse any more and then being accused of not looking after my home and kids. When I do every single thing about the home whilst he sits on his butt

Wow. Why did they have a go at you about it instead of dh? He's capable of doing the washing up isn't he? What was he saying during all this? If you both work, you should be sharing the housework and the childcare.

But even so, that's completely beside the point. I would have thrown them out when they started demanding you do things then and there. Is it your house? (you don't rent off them, or share with them or anything?) Definitely don't let them in later today.

Back ground this time-

Hun, I'm not having a go, so please don't think I am... but why did you pander to them? Why on earth did you allow them to do that to you? You did what they said as they followed you around and they wouldn't leave until you finished? I am dumbfounded. Why would you let them?

Why didn't DH rip into them? Why didn't you? They should have been told that their Son was unhappy because they forgot his Birthday and, as a result, appears to have lost his ability to do something simple like wash the dishes. Then the kick them out and tell them to stay away.

I would be furious with them but even angrier with DH for sitting there whilst that happened. What the very merry feck? They even lied about your Son, implied he was neglected and in danger... and you and DH took that?

Aww hun. For your own sake, these people aren't allowed in your home anymore. Speak up for yourself and if DH won't, tell them what they did wrong to him too. Tell them they are talking balls when they say things like that about your DS and then inform them that if they ever try to pull a stunt like that again, they are gone. Cut off.

How dare they? Why would you let them do that to you?

Please stop this. Stop it before they try and spread more lies about your home, parenting and child.

Honestly I just felt so be-littled by it all and just wanted them out my home without an arguement and best way was to get on with it. I told mil that her son does nothing and there isn't enough hours in the day for me to look after the kids, do housework, do school runs and work and she just ignored me. Dh told his dad word for word 'it's my fault I'm to lazy and don't pull my finger out and then I want do things to prove a point and he won't do it instead just wind me up'. But of course their precious son can't do wrong!
Dh has never stuck up for himself in regards to his parents, and it pisses me off no end.
The other reason I just got on with it is because they have said they will call social services on me before when I hadn't put dd hair up cause it looked messy! I honestly shit myself constantly that they will call ss for no reason! I know there wouldn't be any sort of case but still.
Iv stood up to them before over other various shit they have done over the years but she's a very powerful person and controls everyone around her and us. She is a two face fat fukin whore I hate her I really do and I never use the word hate. Iv tried cutting them out our lives but dh says its unfair not to let her see her grandchildren.
Iv never been so humiliated in all my life until last night and wish I could of found the strength to tell her to fuk off, but last night I just couldn't. She's called me this morning and from the tone of my voice could tell I was pissed off, I told her I'm tired and ds is poorly and I'm not leaving him screaming to do sodding washing or hoovering it can wait my kids need me more. She was all nicey nicey saying well ill have the kids tomorrow night so you can got out for our wedding anniversary, and iv brought you a new stroller as you said in general conversation you would like one to keep in the car, and I picked up your paper work last night and shredded it for you!
That's the problems she's vile and controlling one minute and then up your arse the next it makes your head spin.
Oh no we don't rent off them. Apprently they are just trying to help and if we're struggling just need to ask for help. Yeah cause that what I need his mother comin over to wipe his arse for him. All she's ever done is do everything for him so no wonder he never does it now.

Accept nothing. No baby sitting (we take care of the baby!), no pram (we even had to buy the baby's pram!)...

As if what they did to you last night wasn't enough, they threatened to call social services because of messy hair? Sorry but you f**ing what?! That right there is a cut off. How dare they?!

Hun, get angry. Please. I'm begging you, stop allowing these people and that woman to control you and abuse you. Social services? You know what, feck it. Ring them yourselves. Tell them that your Inlaws have threatened to call them because DH didn't do the dishes and LO's hair was messy and you want it on file. You want it to be known that any call they make is ridiculous. Even if you tell social services how scared it made you.. they will comfort you and tell you how ridiculous it was.

So they humiliate and bully you but then play nicey nicey? Their way of controlling you, making you beholden to them and stopping you from finally having enough and snapping.

Put an end to it, last night should be the last straw. The very last straw. I hope DH stands up for you today because if he didn't I'd be kicking him out.

I am so angry for you. Stand up for yourself and DS, leave DH to take care of himself... not that he needs to. He can do no wrong, huh? :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->