MIL/Grandparent support thread

Geeze, makes you want to smack your head on the wall ](*,) How annoying you have to repeat yourself over and over because she's so dense. I wouldn't want to leave LO with her either. And how dare her comment on her belly...babies are supposed to have rolls and have bellies and she's on the small side anyways :nope: At least FIL sees what she's doing and tries to distract her...better than them both being :wacko:

Looks like I won't be apart of this group anymore.

I got a letter today basically saying their feelings haven't changed and they don't want to see my boys. I obviously gave them a easy way out.

I know what horrible people they are but I'm in shock that they just don't care.

Oh well at least I don't have a mil anymore :happydance:

You can still be apart of this group even if you don't still have a MIL :)

That's just dispicable and horrible that they don't care. How could you not want to be int their lives...those are your grandchildren! Well, as I've said, they don't deserve you all and sounds like its for the better good that they're not going to be around.

I'm sorry hun :hugs:

OMG moomin - at least they've confirmed what a waste they are. I can't even imagine grandparents not wanting to see their grandchilden - ESPECIALLY in your situation. It totally blows my mind!

Your boys deserve so much better than that, and so do you!

Thanks ladies.
I've been spending the day textin ohs cousin n telling her all the family dirty little secrets lol so everyone will no exactly what mil n fil are like. Childish but oh we'll lol

I no every person thinks it but my boys are amazing, especially Zane who's been through so much in his little life but he still has a smile on his face and is the sweetest person I've ever met. To not want to be apart of their life's, well it just shows the world what kind of people they are.

I did message my sil to see if she want still guna bother but I've had no reply. Oh well!

It does feel great to be mill less hahaha

I got a letter today basically saying their feelings haven't changed and they don't want to see my boys. I obviously gave them a easy way out.

I know what horrible people they are but I'm in shock that they just don't care.

:hugs: I just saw this :hugs:

Of COURSE you're welcome here..

It really is her loss...not yours or your boys.

:hugs: I just saw this :hugs:

Of COURSE you're welcome here..

It really is her loss...not yours or your boys.

I'm still just in shock by it all.
My dad n his family never had anything to do with me so I wanted different for my boys, but like uve all said its their loss n my boys aren't missing out on anything

Oh moomin just caught up, I'm sorry to hear that hun:hugs: but on the plus side MIL-less!

Mine is driving me crackers with her old fashioned views of late. I'm hopefully going back to full time work next month and she's not happy - she hates the thought of DH staying at home, it's not the "done" way. She even had the nerve to ask "what about your CV?"
Excuse me? What about me, don't I matter?

In the same breath they are constantly offering to look after one of the kids if the other has an appointment (normally Alex has a few each month) In 3 years I've never asked them to babysit. Just because I'm not around, doesn't mean they can push their way in. :wacko:

Oh moomin just caught up, I'm sorry to hear that hun:hugs: but on the plus side MIL-less!

Mine is driving me crackers with her old fashioned views of late. I'm hopefully going back to full time work next month and she's not happy - she hates the thought of DH staying at home, it's not the "done" way. She even had the nerve to ask "what about your CV?"

In the same breath they are constantly offering to look after one of the kids if the other has an appointment (normally Alex has a few each month) In 3 years I've never asked them to babysit. Just because I'm not around, doesn't mean they can push their way in. :wacko:

Its not like we're living back in the 50's or something. Apparently she see's the sexist few of a woman's place is in the kitchen and at home with the baby. :dohh: What a moron...

Why don't our ohs stand up to their bloody mothers? Drives me nuts

:rolleyes: As if it's her business anyway.

My MIL is opposite-thinks that I'm lazy because I'm a SAHM. Has even given OH "job leads" for me before.

Love the picture :thumbup:

Well the withheld number silent phone calls have begun again <sigh> Guess we are due another onslaught.

Originally Posted by AmethystDream View Post
Love the picture

Well the withheld number silent phone calls have begun again <sigh> Guess we are due another onslaught.

Yes... what IS that about?

Tends to happen before we are about to get another dose of crazy.

They also must be quite thick because they know that OH works for a telecommunications company, so he can view all calls to our line and the number it originates from... you can't withhold a number from the company who routes it :dohh:

They are the very least of my concerns at the moment, TBH, OH has only just been released from hospital - again - so their little games are not bothering me too much. They wouldn't know anything about how ill he has been for the last year though, he doesn't want them to know anything because it will be used as an excuse to worm their way back into our lives.

I think that you must have to be a special sort of freak to make silent calls to your own family :wacko:

Tends to happen before we are about to get another dose of crazy.

They also must be quite thick because they know that OH works for a telecommunications company, so he can view all calls to our line and the number it originates from... you can't withhold a number from the company who routes it :dohh:

They are the very least of my concerns at the moment, TBH, OH has only just been released from hospital - again - so their little games are not bothering me too much. They wouldn't know anything about how ill he has been for the last year though, he doesn't want them to know anything because it will be used as an excuse to worm their way back into our lives.

I think that you must have to be a special sort of freak to make silent calls to your own family :wacko:

Well, BOO to them! They don't sound too terribly clever btw...

And :hugs: about you and your OH. I hope he is doing better and will be better soon. :hugs: again.

Can u not change ur number n just not tell them?
Silent calls are annoying but coming frm a family member, that's just psychotic :wacko:

That is crazy. I'm lost for words! Wtf!!!!!!!

My mil used to try n trick me into answering her calls by with holding the number...I just didn't answer lol n I thought that was nuts till now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->