Milestone! - Maternity Leave has begun!

Sorry for assuming that when you said you are lucky to not having to work meant ya know not having to work. I guess things weren't explained too well.

In regards with you not having ANY problems paying rent and paying your way, then what the hell was all this drama with you not being able to afford to rent a house? You looking for advice on housing benefits? How confusing I must have you mixed up with another member.

I hope none of these comments are hurting your feelings knk as it frustrates me a little seeing this whole benefit thing keep cropping up on other posts after the offending post was removed. I did have my say on that thread, as I'm sure you are aware, but I think people sometimes get sidetracked on what this forum is really about. BABY and BUMP has everything to do with maternity leave but not a lot at all to do with benefits so maybe we should actually keep critisizing comments to ourselves and focus on chatting about our babies x

Sorry for assuming that when you said you are lucky to not having to work meant ya know not having to work. I guess things weren't explained too well.

In regards with you not having ANY problems paying rent and paying your way, then what the hell was all this drama with you not being able to afford to rent a house? You looking for advice on housing benefits? How confusing I must have you mixed up with another member.

Again, with 'any problems', I meant that we have no complaints about having to pay our own rent - not that we earn so much that the rent isn't a problem.

At the time when I was posting about housing benefits, we were yet to figure out what we were entitled to and it all seemed so confusing as I didn't know the difference between HB and LHA.

But we have since been to a meeting with an advisor and she has helped us figure out what we're entitled to. We aren't entitled to much in housing benefits and after that meeting, I understand why now and it's helped me to understand that we do have enough income to cover things. Does that make sense now?

I'm not very good with my words lately am I? lol

I hope none of these comments are hurting your feelings knk as it frustrates me a little seeing this whole benefit thing keep cropping up on other posts after the offending post was removed. I did have my say on that thread, as I'm sure you are aware, but I think people sometimes get sidetracked on what this forum is really about. BABY and BUMP has everything to do with maternity leave but not a lot at all to do with benefits so maybe we should actually keep critisizing comments to ourselves and focus on chatting about our babies x

I got that post removed as I didn't want any arguments occurring.
I agree with what you said. But at the time, I didn't know where else to turn and everyone on here seemed to be so clued up on what it was all about and I just had no idea.

But I've got my answers now and we are sorted and organized.
We were put in touch with the right people to help us understand our situation and now all is ok.

I think people should drop the money thing. Bringing closed threads is against the forum rules.

I had my say in the last thread but it isnt needed now.

I said I hope you enjoy your maternity leave, what you plan to do after is your own business :flower:

I wasn't a part of that thread so I obviously was not "clued" in. LOL. But yes, I hope you enjoy your maternity leave and what you do after is just your business.

I think people should drop the money thing. Bringing closed threads is against the forum rules.

I had my say in the last thread but it isnt needed now.

I said I hope you enjoy your maternity leave, what you plan to do after is your own business :flower:

Thank you :)

I wasn't a part of that thread so I obviously was not "clued" in. LOL. But yes, I hope you enjoy your maternity leave and what you do after is just your business.

Thank you, I'm glad that's cleared up :flower:
I am terrible with my words lately. I find myself stuttering and forgetting what I'm saying half way through sentences and all sorts lol.

You poor lovey, people need to cut you some slack! All you've done is ask for opinions and advice on here and try to sort out your finances (which is never an easy feat, especially when looking for a new place to live).
I know exactly how difficult it is to find affordable rent (we think we may have finally found somewhere today!!), and be able to afford everything else that come with it. My husband and I both work and I have still looked into benefits as every bit helps where children are involved (there is no harm in asking especially if you are worried about struggling for money when baby gets here).
My husband and I are both on £18,000 each and we are still going to struggle for money as we pay over £500 per month for childcare and some small loan repayments, as well as the usual: Rent, bills, council Tax, Tv licence, car insurance, food, petrol, pet costs (yes we finally found somewhere that will let us take our 3 cats - I know how you feel trying to take the dog).
I really hope money works out ok for you. We are all trying to do our best where our children are concerned and it sounds like you are doing a great job looking into everything now and trying to make sure your finances are good before baby gets here - You will make an excellent mum !! :thumbup:

I am also sorry for assuming anything & you def don't deserve myself or anyone else saying anything about you or your choices, I guess I am just having a bad day & I shouldn't have said anything mean to you about a prev thread. :blush:

I hope that you are enjoying the start of your mat leave, it is so nice not to work, I am also in your boat here I hate my work & don't plan on going back there, my boss is an asshole!

Sorry again if anything I said bought you down, I would never intentionally try upest anyone.

I want wine :)

I'm so looking forward to that chilled glass of Pinot Grigio!

I'm not a drinker really but I might chew off someone's arm for runny eggs after the birth! Ohhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnom *drool*, lol.

Or to lick the bowl after baking :) yum!

I've done this twice while been pregnant. Cake mixture is too damn irresistible!!

Although I'm not fussed about food at the moment I do want a nice long sleep on my belly. Side sleeping sucks.

I'm so glad I found out on Friday I have to take all my Annual leave before I finish for Maternity. 4 weeks 4 days left but now only in the office for 16 days.

I may begin to bore you all with this countdown!

I'm not a drinker really but I might chew off someone's arm for runny eggs after the birth! Ohhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnom *drool*, lol.

I had a runny egg in my bacon sandwich at the weekend too. Figured I've survived eating them without getting Salmonella for 31 years I should be alright.

You all make me sound like such a BAD pregnant woman!!

As long as the egg has the lion stamp on it they have been screened against salmonella and can be eaten runny. I've enjoyed them recently (after my egg aversion passed at about 18 weeks!) xxx

I've brought my maternity leave forward by two weeks so now finish work on 11th June, 3 1/2 weeks holiday then mat leave starts. Hurrah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->