Miliary Wives Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hi: I am in VA and don't like it here at all :wacko:

oh that sux, I guess im lucky i like where we are :) although it gets a little lonely being out in the country without him for days at a time.

I'm an ARMY wife. My DH and I would like to conceive, but he's on a 6 month TDY. I just want a baby so bad and I'm sad to have to wait before we can ttc again.
It's hard to work ttc around TDYs and moving, the military life is definately complicating things.

:hi: I am in VA and don't like it here at all :wacko:

oh that sux, I guess im lucky i like where we are :) although it gets a little lonely being out in the country without him for days at a time.

We are right in the city its just not my cup of tea here though we are moving to base housing in two weeks I might like it better. We wanted to be in Cali. :flower:

HI ya,
TI may be posting int he completley wrong section!! ( i noticed at the top that it says help and testing area. I did put a post on 1st tri yesterday and was told there was a group for army wives and this is all i have found, sorry if its the wrong place :|
I live in the UK & I am currently 11 weeks pregnant and my hubby Flew to Australia a week after we found out we were execting :( . Miss him loads and wish he was home, i have another 9 weeks with out him. I do not live on an Army base as we have our own house, am glad really because this way i have my family close to me. I hope everyone is well and if there is some where else i should be posting please let me know xx thank you xx I

Hi ladies, I am married to a serviceman and also serving myself so know how hard deployments can be from both sides. I am currently on maternity leave after delivering baby number 1 by crash c-section. Feel free to PM me if you want a friend/chat :)

Hi ladies, I am married to a serviceman and also serving myself so know how hard deployments can be from both sides. I am currently on maternity leave after delivering baby number 1 by crash c-section. Feel free to PM me if you want a friend/chat :)

Hello,
I am also mil to mil, with my first.

Sorry to be nit-picky here, but with it being the military, can we have the word fixed in the topic title? Ordinarily I wouldn't care because it's a forum, but well you know. It's like spelling Air Force like Aire Forse or Army like Armee or something to me, even though I know it was just a typo.

Why does it have to be a forum for Military Wives in particular? Is there so much that you need to talk about that other parents wouldn't be interested to join talking about? Wouldn't a Usergroup or thread fit your needs?:shy:

I understand that as a Military Wife, there are things you have to cope with and would like to share with those who can relate.

But I think that if the mods agreed to such a board, then there'd be other groups who equally want their own boards, like people with little money, people with a lot of money, people who work in shifts, or those who live in, come from or go to Scandinavia/China/Russia etc..:shrug:

Like I said, I do understand the need of talking to people who relate, but I don't think that it's only Military Wives who understand, for example, the challenges of raising a child when the partner is absent (most of the time) - a lot of people in the single parenting forum will probably relate as well!:winkwink:

Honestly , Sometimes I wished we lived on base, that way There would be other girls around going through the same things. I am finding it pretty lonely living off base.

Why does it have to be a forum for Military Wives in particular? Is there so much that you need to talk about that other parents wouldn't be interested to join talking about? Wouldn't a Usergroup or thread fit your needs?:shy:

I understand that as a Military Wife, there are things you have to cope with and would like to share with those who can relate.

But I think that if the mods agreed to such a board, then there'd be other groups who equally want their own boards, like people with little money, people with a lot of money, people who work in shifts, or those who live in, come from or go to Scandinavia/China/Russia etc..:shrug:

Like I said, I do understand the need of talking to people who relate, but I don't think that it's only Military Wives who understand, for example, the challenges of raising a child when the partner is absent (most of the time) - a lot of people in the single parenting forum will probably relate as well!:winkwink:

To be honest I don't know why it bothers you that she asked? I mean there are groups which she may not have thought about. I am sure there are other people that can relate on some level but honestly its offensive to me that we can't ask without people saying Why or that is not fair. Nobody can truely know exactly how service wives or members feel until you live our day to day life. My husbands sqaudron just lost two members and while people can understand and relate to death its a whole other depth to it with them its deeply felt throughout. I don't think I can explain it to be honest. I am so changed to the core after being a military wife I had respect before but now... just so hard to explain. Either way I don't mean this as a jab towards you I just wanted to say whats the point of responding if you don't agree? We already were told it won't happen. :flower:

Honestly , Sometimes I wished we lived on base, that way There would be other girls around going through the same things. I am finding it pretty lonely living off base.

I am hoping I will make friends I can relate to, where I am now off base has been blah. We have friends that live in housing where we are going so im excited.

I am hoping I will make friends I can relate to, where I am now off base has been blah. We have friends that live in housing where we are going so im excited.

Where are you guys moving to?

I live in North Dakota. It's alright... My dad was also in the Air Force and my husband's dad. So I've already lived at some other bases. And I'd have to say Eglin AFB, FL and Elmendorf AFB, AK are my favorite. But I really love the people here. I live on base and made good friends with some ladies on base.

Hi Ladies! Just wanted to point you all in the direction of this group: Military Wives/Fianceés/Girlfriends Support Group. Its in the General section of the groups, hopefully you can find some connections on there with support for people who understand your situations.

Hope that helps! :flower:

dusty_sheep- i find your post a bit below the belt..... no1 said non military cant post, all it was is as idea... and there is single paarent threads and forums yes, but having a military wives/employees thread means we can talk about something other than children and we can relate to the day to day life of being a military wife....finding out how the USA differs from UK etc etc...

its a way to find out how other wives cope when their husbands, sons, daughters, friends have been deployed...... and im sorry but until your loved one is sent to afghan or somewhere else equally as hostile, then NO ONE understands that..... a single parent doesnt unerstand what its like because its a compltely different situation, but that doesnt mean we dont welcome support and advise from single parents or any other person where their job means they are away from families for long periods of time.....

xxx

Hi!! I am a navy wife living in Hawaii. I'm so glad I found this thread! Just got our :bfp: yesterday but hcg is low. More testing on Friday to make sure this bean is sticky :happydance::happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"