Miliary Wives Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!! I am a navy wife living in Hawaii. I'm so glad I found this thread! Just got our :bfp: yesterday but hcg is low. More testing on Friday to make sure this bean is sticky :happydance::happydance:

congrats!!:happydance:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this forum is a good idea! :flower: Currently, my hubby is finishing tech school in Texas (Sheppard AFB) & then in July we're going to New Mexico (Holloman AFB). Any one else headed in that area or live around that area?

And to the poster who said that looking for support in the single parenting thread ... That's a great idea as far as parenting goes, but at the same time, we do not relate to them because our husbands & boyfriends are putting their lives on the line every day. Only military wives can understand the every day struggle of worrying if their husband or boyfriend is still alive or not all while holding down the household while he is away. This isn't meant as a jab either, just try & understand where we are coming from. xxx

Tmcam - My beta started off low too. It was only 18@ 13dpo! It's doubled quite nicely and pretty much "caught up" to where it should be. My first scan is next week. My nurse made me feel like it was doomed with such a low start, and I felt hopeless, but here I am still pregnant!

air force wife here! (sort of) hubby is now a veteran, working as a civilian fire fighter on an AFB in Kansas - he separated June 2010 :)

do any of you know anything about getting base access for a baby's doctors appointments or where i could find information on that? my boyfriend is army and we are not married and i don't want to get married until next year but our baby is due in november. he/she will be on tricare but im worried i wont be able to take my baby to their appointments alone or we'll haveto sign me on every single time.

do any of you know anything about getting base access for a baby's doctors appointments or where i could find information on that? my boyfriend is army and we are not married and i don't want to get married until next year but our baby is due in november. he/she will be on tricare but im worried i wont be able to take my baby to their appointments alone or we'll haveto sign me on every single time.

I think you will prolly have to be signed on. Because thats what my hubby always had to do for me untill we were married and I got my own base i.d card.

Also depends on what tricare you have hun. I have Prime and I have to be seen on base unless I switch to paying copays and such its not bad prices. Before I got on prime I could be seen off base now I can't. You should try and look it up online it will tell you what the different types are and what you can do.

right now im on medicaid so i wont have to worry about it until november when the baby is born. i personally would rather my baby be seen off base but i didnt think i could do that.

^ yeah you can but like I said they do fees if you are ok with that check it out. Before we were on prime I think it was 15-20 dollar copay at an office and urgent care was never over 60 for us.

I'm a Marine wife and agree with wanting some support from other military wives who have similar issues/situations! There's another board called "militaryspousesupport.net" that actually is all military significant others and has a specific TTC forum on their board! SO if there won't be one on here, try that one out!

I'm a Marine wife and agree with wanting some support from other military wives who have similar issues/situations! There's another board called "militaryspousesupport.net" that actually is all military significant others and has a specific TTC forum on their board! SO if there won't be one on here, try that one out!

^ WSS :thumbup:

While I can't relate to the fear that you must face when your OH's / DH's are in hostile places.

I am more than able to relate to other issues that you must face when your OH's are away you must face the same lonelyness issue that other mums do when their OH's are working away. That includes ladies who have oil workers OH's out on the rigs, construction workers who have to go where the work is, airline workers flying round the planet, truck drivers delivering goods, merchant navy workers etc.

While some issues will be similar to those of single parents when I have looked on that part of the forum most of the issues / threads seem to relate to problems with the FOB etc.

So I would say the forum could do with a section for ALL mums who's OH's are away at work.

^^ I agree! Anyone is welcome here, believe me when I say that. Just wanted to try & form a common point to stem off of you know?

While I can't relate to the fear that you must face when your OH's / DH's are in hostile places.

I am more than able to relate to other issues that you must face when your OH's are away you must face the same lonelyness issue that other mums do when their OH's are working away. That includes ladies who have oil workers OH's out on the rigs, construction workers who have to go where the work is, airline workers flying round the planet, truck drivers delivering goods, merchant navy workers etc.

While some issues will be similar to those of single parents when I have looked on that part of the forum most of the issues / threads seem to relate to problems with the FOB etc.

So I would say the forum could do with a section for ALL mums who's OH's are away at work.

I must agree with you in a way. It would be nice to have a section for all moms whos husbands are away . Would be a great place to find support, someone to talk to if your lonely. Speaking of which, any stay at home military wives out there? LOL I get so lonely and bored sometimes.:cry:

ugh so happy to know im not the only one! I dont have any children yet, so I assume that once i have them, i will have lots to keep me busy, but sometimes it feels as though i just wonder around the house trying to keep busy or trying to find something to do...lol:shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"