Milk in a Sippy?

PitBullMommy

Princess, FF & Angel Mom
Reaction score
Char has been drinking water and juice from a sippy cup since she was about 7 months old with no problems. I've tried and tried and tried to get her to drink milk from it and she just...WON'T. She'll take a sip and throw it. I've tried several different styles of sippies, I took the top of the sippy cup off and screwed it onto her bottle and vice versa and...nothing. Any advice on how to get her to drink milk from the sippy? I can't really take her bottles away and say no more cause Austin is using the same bottles...:dohh:

I would just tell her she's a big girl and she just can't have the bottles anymore, that the baby needs them because he is a baby. And just stick to it. I think if there is no other choice that will be your best luck, she might be stubborn for awhile and throw a fit but I'm sure she'll give in once she realizes that that's it. That's what I would do atleast :) Good luck

Thank you. We'll give it a try. Gotta find something that works. I think I'll wait a week or so though maybe. I just put her in her toddler bed this week and sold her crib...think I should hold off so that it's not too much at once or do y'all think it would be okay?

Yeah I think it would be good to let her get use to that change first then tackle the bottle thing...good luck!!!

I know some people might call me a naughty mom for this but we got Connor to drink milk out of a sippy by adding a drop of chocolate syrup to his milk. After about three days he didn't need the chocolate anymore and drank milk from a sippy just fine.

We aren't fighting with my boy. If he wants to drink his milk from a bottle and not a sippy cup, then he can. I really don't see the problem. Once he is older its a different story, but for now he is happy with his bottles and its not doing him any harm.

LOL, I love the chocolate idea, that's great. Char is allergic to chocolate so...probably not the best for us, but they do have strawberry syrup we could try.
Ratty- I know it's not hurting her or anything, but since we use the same bottles it's sometimes hard to tell hers apart from his and MIL force-fed Austin Charlotte's milk a few weeks ago and these are the only bottles he'll drink from (her too). I don't want another mix up like that again cause I caught DH about to do it a few days ago too. Seems I'm the only one who can tell formula from cows milk, lol.

I can see your problem. If you don't come right with the sippy cups, why don't you try writing there initials on the bottle with a permanent marker?

have you tried a soft spout sippy?? we use the nuby ones atm until we can get katie to take milk from a hard spout, but its a step in the right direction iykwim?

LOL, yea...we do the initials. They just don't bother to look.
We tried the Nubys and she hates them. We FINALLY got her to drink from a hard spout one yesterday and today she learned a straw finally! Had to go to a hard one cause the soft ones leak SO much.

All of a sudden today she decided that the hard spout sippies are okay, and milk is okay in them!!! She also figured out how to drink from a straw!!! Just...all of a sudden. YAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->