Mini pill and milk supply?

Popples1

Reaction score
I'm back on the pill and have been taking it since Thursday. It's now Monday @ 3am and I'm worried it's affected my supply. For the last 24hrs LO has been really fussy, latching and unlatching, basically going nuts at the breast. He also fed for some really long stretches yesterday - the first one was an hour in total. I've also seen very little milk around his mouth. Has the pill ruined my supply? Has anyone else noticed issues after taking it? LO is 7 weeks on Tuesday - I guess it could just be a growth spurt? Breastfeeding has been a massive challenge and I'm not sure how long we'll last but I definitely don't want it taken away from me. If I stop it needs to be MY decision :(

Edit - he just did a sicky burp and milk came out so something is going on there. Still interested to hear experiences through...

my milk supply was fine with the mini pill, although I started to feel like it was affecting my mood and my sex drive so I stopped taking it. I had taken it for about 4 months I think.

It didnt effect my supply. It could just be a growth spurt. do you get him weighed regularly? As long as he is gaining weight then he is gettin enough

I'm leaving towards growth spurt too then. My boobs felt huge this morning so they're definitely full. Thanks ladies.

That's good news!

I'm on the mini pill and my supply is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->