mini washable nappy review

T

tinytoes

baby isnt here yet so I've not tried them out, but I bought some reusable nappies to compare the differnet types:

1) fuzi bunz. Size 1. Very sweet and light. Looks like it'll dry very fast indeed.This one was fleece lined and has a pocket to add extra stuffing which looks to be a great idea and will also help drying quicker. The nappy is all in one so no need for a wrap/ waterproof layer over the top which would be great adn save a lot of fuss. The nappy was small and lightweight and doesnt look like it'll drowna new born. HOWEVER, I'm not sure the legs look to be that poo-safe. I mean, it looks like something could easily escape...
And the poppers are a little tricky even without a baby in it. I fI geta wriggler it might confuse me too much!
Also it's shame we'd need to buy the next size when baby podges up at about 8 or 9 months I think..

2) Motherease one size. Seperate nappy and i bought a suitable wrap to go with it.
Nappy looks good for bigger kids but will dwarfa newborn. Really, it must be virtually the same size as a newborn. And the nappy has to be folded to fit little kids ones making it very thick - there would be a 3 inch layer between babys belly and the world...seemes a bit much to me!
Also the legs would be almost doing the splits ona newborn - looks far too massive generally.
Good thing would be you'd not need to buy another sie when baby got big.

3) Little lamb size 1. Seperate nappy and wrap.
Very sweet. I'd need to upgrade toa larger size at about 8 or 9 motnhs though.

However, the small size looks to be nice and narrow between the legs and the velcro fastening looks much simpler if i have a wriggler - though would it last?
Legs look to be secure and the two layers look ike it'll help avoid anything escaping. DB said the wrap stiching was like a drip tray! hehe.
This make was also a bargain.
I got the cotton and then alsoa fleecey one. Fleece / microfibre one is SO much softer, I want to get in!
The nappy has extra inserts that lie inside the nappy so you dont necessarily need to use paper disposable ones....
(though I want to check I can use these with them too, I like the idea of a little bit of disposable-ness!)
Nappy looked nice and neat and small and not like a baby would drown in it. It's a little fat on the bum - more than fuzzi bunz - but thats quite cute i think.

SO, if baby gets on well with them I'll be going littlelamb I think...

great thank you for that, what a good idea to share your experiences. I only got little lamb to try when Bubba comes, I'm glad you gave it a good review....its the cheepest hahahaha!!! :rofl:

exactly! haha. Well as your little one will be here ages before mine let us know how the little lambs go when genuinely road-tested...? :hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->