Miscarriage brewing?!?

Peaches710

Reaction score
Hello ladies! I have been spotting since I found out I was pregnant 8 days ago. Not even enough to hit my panty liner! Since it is bright red/fresh blood, I was alarmed. I went to the ER, and they couldnt tell me much until I had a second beta test.

I got back from my follow up appointment at my OBGYN, and my doctor (with out doing any tests) says "from the bleeding and your first HCG test, I would say a miscarriage is a brewing..."

A hard blow that was. I am very upset with my doctor, you are just telling me this off a hunch? You said my cervix looks great, a small amount of blood and off dates are going to make you tell me I may be miscarrying?? wow.

He took my blood for another HCG test and progesterone, which I wont get back until after this holiday weekend....

I really hope my numbers are where they should be, and when they are, I am getting a new doctor. I am so heartbroken right now, just waiting to miscarry when I may be just fine. what a spiral im in.

Sorry for my rant guys. I'm so upset. :growlmad:

Sorry, I just think that sounds insane! Bleeding is actually one of the common early pregnancy symptoms, and you CANNOT go off of one hcg test! Try not to worry hun, I think that's crazy that they said that and cause you such worry when in all probability everything is fine.

Really sorry to hear you are in this situation. I dont see how your dr can tell anything until he gets the new numbers. Hang in there. I know how stressful it is. Good luck x

Ugh, that's awful. I've had spotting with this pregnancy, too and I'm almost 12 weeks. I just found out I have a SH. Don't lose hope, your beta may still increase. It's hard when you're on the fence and it could go either way. I know how you feel. Keep us posted and thinking of you. xxoo

How can he even say that from ONE hormone test... You might have dates wrong and be earlier in pregnancy so numbers would be low on first test... He needs a 2nd to see if your levels ARE dropping. Spotting is common early in pregnancy

Thank you guys! I am trying to stay positive, I am just so confused.

I have been spotting for 8 days now. No cramping or anything. My dates are off completely and i am not exactly sure when i conceived. My last period was on 8/14, then on 8/23 I found out i am pregnant.

I think thats why the doctor is saying miscarriage because my LMP before this one was July 11th, and I should be 7 weeks with that date, but my hcg shows 455 which is low for 7 weeks. Could I have dropped an egg RIGHT after my period on the 14th?

I stopped temping because DF asked me to just stop stressing about it. so I have no idea if i did or not. I do know that I O'ed on the 31st of july and had a BFN on 8/12...
My dates are so screwy nothing is going to prove a miscarriage except for that second test....

Human bodies glitch all the time. I concieved 1week after an mc when apparently i should have ovulated for at least 2-3 weeks.

I know it happens! I am glad to hear you were blessed after your mc naria. My mind is going crazy right now, I just want to enjoy my weekend, I am done getting poked with needles for a couple days. Just trying to relax, but i needed to rant about this.

If my numbers come back good, That doctor is getting a verbal lashing!

Heres another thought. Your period in august might have been implantation which would make your hormone levels perfect at about 4-5 weeks bfn on the 12th means nothing your have been 9-12 days pregnant some tests don't pick up that soon (not saying that no test will pick up but most don't until 4weeks, your first missed period.

My implantation bleeding was actually like a period only a day or 2 short.

Its an idea anyway...4-5 weeks 400-500 hgc is viable

Yes definitely need to wait until the second beta to know what's really happening. The doc is just guessing that your LMP was July based on his opinion of what you said and not any actual testing. I conceived this time way before I would normally be set to OV - so it must have been about 4 days after AF since there was no other time it was possible. You really need the second number to see if the pregnancy is progressing as your actual implantation date isn't known.

Heres another thought. Your period in august might have been implantation which would make your hormone levels perfect at about 4-5 weeks bfn on the 12th means nothing your have been 9-12 days pregnant some tests don't pick up that soon (not saying that no test will pick up but most don't until 4weeks, your first missed period.

My implantation bleeding was actually like a period only a day or 2 short.

Its an idea anyway...4-5 weeks 400-500 hgc is viable

My period on the 14th was normal, Lasted 4 days started off heavy and gradually got lighter, passes clots and all. It was a normal period for me.

I really think I got pregnant either during or right after my period. If it was implantation that made me have that "period" It was a lot of blood. I have no idea, but i did test negative on the 9th, 11th, and 12th, then a BFP on the 23rd, Blood Positive on the the 27th hcg at 455.

:shrug: some people have normal periods early on. Maybe you got pregnant right before AF heard of that happening too.

Either way completely write off you doctor until its proven. With my 2nd i had AF on 4th July but went into doctor 8th July feeling rubbish and tested positive. She said must have been implant bleeding.

Tmi moment normally in 7 days, really heavy with cloths. I was like 6 days still heavier than some women (like wearing superflow stuff). Silly human body,

I am staying hopeful, anything is possible. I still have symptoms and they are increasing so that has to be a good sign. Thank you for reading and posting. I needed that!

I ended up going to the Er last night... In the afternoon I had a decent gush of blood, not enough to FILL a panty liner, but it was bright red... They got my hcg levels but I have nothing to compare it to so I will be going Sunday for another blood test and get the results probably by Tuesday-wed... I also did An ultrasound which found a sac, empty... The doctor told me I'm "in muddy waters" either I miscarried, or it's too early to see anything in the sac... I'm going absolutely crazy waiting to do my next blood test/results... I know exactly how you feel, and I'm sorry things go this way. This is my very first bfp so I have no idea what to expect next. I'm just scared.

Hang in there, doesn't sound like you have any cramping. And a little blood happens to many people.

Sorry your Dr. Has upset you. One would think they would be more delicate. With my first MC my Dr. Never checked me. He said bleeding was likely due to is doing BD and not to worry. Well two days later I was in full blown MC with awful cramps. Needless to say I was very angary that the DR. Didn't just come put and tell me it was apossible MC.

Good luck.

I wouldn't worry to much since you dont have any cramping and you are spotting and it's been since you got pregnant. I would find a new OB IMO.

I plan on getting a new doctor when the results come back. I need to find out whats going on. I am a mess, but the good thing is. The bleeding stopped today. But it has played a disappearing act before, then a couple hours later i get another drip drop. I was concerned about MC, but I really feel in my heart everything is ok. I just dont like hearing otherwise. I am pretty much an optomistic person. Staying positive for now. I have never had a gush of blood come out either, or any tissue. just when i wipe.

I plan on getting a new doctor when the results come back. I need to find out whats going on. I am a mess, but the good thing is. The bleeding stopped today. But it has played a disappearing act before, then a couple hours later i get another drip drop. I was concerned about MC, but I really feel in my heart everything is ok. I just dont like hearing otherwise. I am pretty much an optomistic person. Staying positive for now. I have never had a gush of blood come out either, or any tissue. just when i wipe.

Keep us updated, I'm still thinking about you... Just got my levels back and I'm in the clear :) your next ! When do the results come in?? :flower:

Sending much love.

I cannot understand doctors, nurses etc with no bedside manners - I am not saying all as some are amazing but things like this annoy me as they go into that profession knowing they will need to care for people and delivering information like that is from 'caring'... sorry for my rant! I read so many forums and it's always same - it's like 'oh pregnant woman, who care's'!

Sending good positive vibes and lots of R&R for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->