Mixing cows milk and sma stay down/gavisgon

kbwebb

Reaction score
I want to put my dd on cows milk, but she had one sip and now refuses to try it because if the taste. Should I water it down? Or mix with her formula? I don't know if I would be able to with the milk being thick and gavisgon being added. :shrug:

I wouldn't mix it with anything. Have you tried her on the cartons they do? My DD was on the cow & gate carton until she was 2 and a half. She drank them as they were from the fridge in a sippy cup, made the transition to cold cows milk easier.

Yes, you can mix them, this is what we did to wean our DD1 under the neonatal advice. (you can mix formula and breast milk so of course you can mix formula and cows milk) Just slowly change the amount of formula to cows milk until she's used to the taste. It generally works, and you dont have to rush it.

Watch out in case any reflux symptoms return though, and the change of milk might not be heavy enough to keep down.

Don't water milk down though

Thanks! She's due for a review on her gavisgon soon so that's why I wanted to see how her reflux is with cows milk. :D

i mixed sma staydown & cows milk. i did it ounce by ounce over the course of 2 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->