MMR Jab - to have or not to have?

Luuluu

Reaction score
...sorry, I am not sure if I've posted this in the right place, but I wanted to find out about the MMR and whether or not to have it for my little boy? Has anyone had good/bad experience of it?
Any advice much appreciated
xxx

What reason would you have to NOT let your LO have the MMR?

LO might feel a little poorly for a week or two after the jab, but this is nothing compared to the illnesses it prevents.

Most parents doubts over MMR stem from the reported link to autism. This link has been proven not to exist, and the doctor that made those claims has been struck off as a result.

What reason would you have to NOT let your LO have the MMR?

LO might feel a little poorly for a week or two after the jab, but this is nothing compared to the illnesses it prevents.

Most parents doubts over MMR stem from the reported link to autism. This link has been proven not to exist, and the doctor that made those claims has been struck off as a result.

Totally, utterly and 100% agree. The inoculation is to prevent illnessess that KILL and MAIM.

Oops, I've not made myself clear in my first post - I meant to also say, should I get the jabs done seperately or get the MMR? I AM DEFINITELY going to get him immunised, but I just am a bit hesitant about the MMR based on this awful Autistic report that I know has been bannished, but the idea has been put in my head and now am worried...

Lol, don't worry, you're not the first to miss a vital part off a post!

I think you'll struggle to find single jabs anywhere tbh, and if you do I'm pretty sure you'll have to go private for them. No idea how much that costs, but I doubt it's cheap!

The way it was explained to me, the three elements of the jab 'activate' in different timescales, and I could almost see it happening - my LO felt poorly for a couple of days immediately after, then a week later, and a week later again.

The austism link has been totally disproved!
There is reasonable evidence to show that having it done at 12 mths, as is routine in the uk, can make it less effective so some parents will put it off until 15 mths when it is shown to be more effective. Here in NZ it is routinely done at 15 mths and that is what we did. She had no side effects at all and I have found it to be her easiest immunisation so far.

You can get the seperate jabs privately but when I looked into it they were about £100 each! I personally have no problem with the MMR and my LOs haven't had any serious reactions; they have had bad reactions to one of the other jabs and I am still weighing up whether to delay the doses of that and space them out a bit more, I've looked into the private seperate vaccines for that one and decided against them as they do contain the old mercury based preservatives.

You can pay to have the jags done seperatley. I was really worried about LO getting the combined MMR but she was fine didnt like the needle but that was it no adverse affects afterwards she was fine. Her leg was a little tender for a day or two but that was all xxx

Thanks, this is all really good to hear. I'm especially interested to hear that in NZ they wait til they're 15 months. I might wait a bit longer than 12 just to be on the safe side.

With the first lot of jabs, I had him done exactly at 8 weeks and he was really poorly with it. My friend waited a couple of extra weeks and hers was fine. So maybe I ought to not be too literal about getting it at exactly 12 months.

...I guess if there aren't any stories on here of a child developing autism from it, then it'll be OK as this is a massive site and so many people write their posts on it. I am sure someone would have writted a post about it if their child had developed autism from the MMR.

Thank you mummies! xxx

You have to pay for seperate jabs. I would give the full MMR. It rarely has side affects and when it does it's just that LO might be sleepy or have a temperature for a few days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->