Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Thank you Dano i look forward to June so much! How long did it take to conceive your little man? I worry a little after the molar and the chemo....my cycles are still a bit crazy but it seems as though im ovulating (positive opks, ewcm, ovulation pains around the positve opk time) it took us 4 months for corban and 1st month of trying for the molar. Im sure it will be fine but i cant help but worry!

Amazing you ttc again! What lovely news. Fingers crossed for a speedy bfp for you 2!!!

xxx

This is probably a stupid question but you got the cancer from the molar right? How were your hcg levels going down was it pretty quickly or an extremely long wait?

Not a stupid question :hugs: Well i had my d&c 13th Aug and went home with minimal bleeding but about 5 days later everytime i stood up id flood a pad and pass 50p sized clots...this continued then for 3 nights in a row i ended up back at hospital as i would bleed like someone had turned on a tap and was passing bigger clots and tissue and cramping real bad...3rd night the bleeding was at its worst and i passed some awful sized clots/tissue but thankfully the doctors managed to remove enough clots/tissue to stem the bleeding.....had a scan to show remaining tissue with a blood supply....ambulance to charring cross and a blood tranfusion later i started chemo. I was on bed rest as movement would dislodge the mole and make it bleed. They call it a persistant mole. I waas lucky it was all contained in one place. My levels went down pretty well with the treatment just slowed at the very end.... took me till november to hit negative.

xxxx

O wow sorry you had to go through all that! Very sorry for you loss.. Dec 20 I pushed our son son out and I was bleeding like that as well.. The nurse kept saying it was fine until shift change and the next nurse went nuts! The blood clots were the size of soda cans and it was like bleeding running water... They gave me a D&C as well and that stopped the massive bleeding.. my blood levels were down to 7 and they wanted to do a transfusion but didn't want to risk me getting any diseases from the blood. (who knows this hospital doesn't know what they are talking about half the time) my levels are taking forever to go down and they gave me the methotrexate shot which apparently failed. I might be down to 0 as of today but I need to call up soon to find out.

Im so sorry to read your story to honey :hugs:
My nurses told me it was fine until they saw me on the third night and realised how bad it was. They made me have a transfusion as my blood levels were just under 8....strange they wouldnt give you one. i think my levels went down well because of the treatment. Aslong as they are going down then thats good. Fingers crossed for your negative. Mine have stayed at 2. How often do you have blood hun?

xxx

Thank you Dano i look forward to June so much! How long did it take to conceive your little man? I worry a little after the molar and the chemo....my cycles are still a bit crazy but it seems as though im ovulating (positive opks, ewcm, ovulation pains around the positve opk time) it took us 4 months for corban and 1st month of trying for the molar. Im sure it will be fine but i cant help but worry!

Amazing you ttc again! What lovely news. Fingers crossed for a speedy bfp for you 2!!!

xxx

This is probably a stupid question but you got the cancer from the molar right? How were your hcg levels going down was it pretty quickly or an extremely long wait?

Not a stupid question :hugs: Well i had my d&c 13th Aug and went home with minimal bleeding but about 5 days later everytime i stood up id flood a pad and pass 50p sized clots...this continued then for 3 nights in a row i ended up back at hospital as i would bleed like someone had turned on a tap and was passing bigger clots and tissue and cramping real bad...3rd night the bleeding was at its worst and i passed some awful sized clots/tissue but thankfully the doctors managed to remove enough clots/tissue to stem the bleeding.....had a scan to show remaining tissue with a blood supply....ambulance to charring cross and a blood tranfusion later i started chemo. I was on bed rest as movement would dislodge the mole and make it bleed. They call it a persistant mole. I waas lucky it was all contained in one place. My levels went down pretty well with the treatment just slowed at the very end.... took me till november to hit negative.

xxxx

O wow sorry you had to go through all that! Very sorry for you loss.. Dec 20 I pushed our son son out and I was bleeding like that as well.. The nurse kept saying it was fine until shift change and the next nurse went nuts! The blood clots were the size of soda cans and it was like bleeding running water... They gave me a D&C as well and that stopped the massive bleeding.. my blood levels were down to 7 and they wanted to do a transfusion but didn't want to risk me getting any diseases from the blood. (who knows this hospital doesn't know what they are talking about half the time) my levels are taking forever to go down and they gave me the methotrexate shot which apparently failed. I might be down to 0 as of today but I need to call up soon to find out.

Im so sorry to read your story to honey :hugs:
My nurses told me it was fine until they saw me on the third night and realised how bad it was. They made me have a transfusion as my blood levels were just under 8....strange they wouldnt give you one. i think my levels went down well because of the treatment. Aslong as they are going down then thats good. Fingers crossed for your negative. Mine have stayed at 2. How often do you have blood hun?

xxx

Wow at 2? So what are they going to do just keep waiting? I go once every week for blood work last week it was 7.9 it just seems like it takes forever.. Not sure if you are on the same plan as well but it seems like I need to get to 0 then go every week for 3 weeks after that to make sure it's 0 and then 1 time every month for 6 months or more to make sure it stays at 0. As for the blood they just gave me iron pills to build the blood back up it took about 1 1/2 months to be back to a good blood point. What treatment did they give you?

Treatment i mean the metho. i had an injection every other day for 8 days and a tablet 30 hours later to stop the metho working before it done to much damage to kidneys etc then 6 days off. I was on metho from 26th aug to 9th dec. On treatment i had twice weekly bloods then weekly for 6 weeks after treatment end....now im on fortnightly bloods and urine for 6 months then urine fortnightly slowly getting to 6 montly for life. Charring cross class under 5 as normal and my 2 is my normal i guess. Im still on iron as the treatment knocked my iron levels too! O dear! It does seem like a long road and knowing your hcg levels are so important. Fingers crossed for your next results when do you get them??/
xxx

O wow!! That's a lot of methotrexate. All I had was the 90mg shot and wow that stuff can make you really sick!! What do they take the urine for? When will you be able to try again? I have to call here in a few minutes to get the results.. I hope its a 0... I seem to think that if it gets to 0 then it's finally over but not sure where I will be mentally on all that.

Yeah it did make me feel very sick at times and so very tired! Im so glad my little munchkin was such a good boy for me! They take it i guess so i wont have to keep having bloods as im monitored for life because i had a persistant mole. I meant to wait a year from finish of treatment but after talking to my doctos at charring cross i decided to wait 6 months which takes me till June. This all started in August so to wait to December would have been to difficult. What have they said to you? Let us know your results honey...i hope its 0 xxx

oh ok, Waiting is the hardest part!!! My levels are 4.9 down from 7.9 2 weeks ago.. Sometimes I just want to give up on it all...They are telling me get to 0 and then wait 6 months to a year to try again but my husband is getting out of the army next year so it's going to be bad timing so chances are we won't try for another 2 years or more...

well its still a drop honey and you are so close. My lower levels took a while they below 5. Think most ladies slow at that point. Dont give up! We all understand this whole thing gets a bit much and you have a constant reminder with the bloods and results but you Will get there lovely. Im sorry to hear you think you might have to wait two years. Could you not try at 6 months and see how it goes? Xxx

Well, We would like to purchase a house when he gets out so.. money wise we kind of don't want to just be getting by... But maybe it's a thought. With everyone having babies right now it's really to think our son is gone and we won't hold him ever again so who knows what our future holds... I wish you the best of luck in june when you try again =)

it must be so very difficult for you. I had a complete molar so i can only imagine how you feel over the lose of a baby. Hang in there honey. I kept myself going by telling myself there Will be a rainbow after all this and this long journey would have been worth every single second just to have a rainbow. Buying a house Sounds great though lots to look forward to with that. Xxx

yeah my first loss was a complete molar 7 years ago.. This one was pretty shitty my husband just came home from a deployment and 5 days after that we found out he was gone and then 5 days after that it was christmas soo we had a rough dec. But either way any miscarriage is heart breaking and still a loss of a child. You def. have the right attitude about it hope I can start thinking positive too.

So sorry it took so long to post this, but here it is!!

Amazing!!! That's a really good picture!

When is your next one? Is it the standard 12 weeks?
Did they give any EDD?

I haven't called to schedule with my Dr. yet this week--the ultrasound tech said I will be good until 20 weeks but I'm fairly certain my Dr. will want another before then--I think I will request a 12 weeks scan if they don't offer just to make sure! EDD is Nov 28th I believe (40 weeks from LMP) and I measured just 1 day less than what I should have been 8 weeks 1 day--when I was @ 8 weeks 2 days.

Hello Ladies I'm back! So sorry for any worry I caused!! :hugs: I went for a weekend away straight after my scan and was going to update everyone when we got to the house but it turned out to be in the middle of nowhere so I've had no phone signal or internet for 5 days!! :dohh:

My scan was ok - the saw a 2mm gestational sac but nothing else, they think I was about 4weeks. They didn't say anything about seeing any molar regrowth so I guess thats good? I had my bloods taken as well and my levels were 720 which is in line with 4weeks. I've had my second set of bloods taken this morning and should get the results tomorrow morning - then will know if they want to book me in for another scan next week which I'm thinking they will. I was really lucky and I have the same Senior Nurse looking after me as I had when I when I had my PMP, she's fantastic and is really rooting for good news for me.

I'm trying to think positive as there has been no mention of molar regrowth and at the EPU they all sounded positive.

I'm off to catch up with whats been happening with you guys while I spent 5days in the dark ages! xx

Thanks for updating us Megan!

I'm glad things look positive. Do the dates tally in with when you think you ovulated etc?

Fx'd for good levels tomorrow! The other way round this time!! hehe

xx

awesome news Megan! Im glad they dont think theres any molar regrowth and im happy you have a good nurse. Fingers crossed you get another scan. Let us know ya blood results. Did you have a good weekend? How are you feeling?

xxx

Tina - hopefully you get to have another scan at 12 weeks be lovely to see baby again! Corban is a November baby so i love November! Have you started thinking about names? Im always thinking of names! Hehe!!

xxx

yeah my first loss was a complete molar 7 years ago.. This one was pretty shitty my husband just came home from a deployment and 5 days after that we found out he was gone and then 5 days after that it was christmas soo we had a rough dec. But either way any miscarriage is heart breaking and still a loss of a child. You def. have the right attitude about it hope I can start thinking positive too.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: sending you hugs. Im sorry to hear you had a CMP 7 years back. Christmas must have been so very hard for you. It must be hard to think positive but you must try as much as you can. Nothing will ever replace your baby but you will have a rainbow and an angel watching over you all. :hugs:

xxx

Thank you Mummy2Corban ...

MrsWag Glad to hear everything is going well for you =) Best of luck!!

Thanks for updating us Megan!

I'm glad things look positive. Do the dates tally in with when you think you ovulated etc?

Fx'd for good levels tomorrow! The other way round this time!! hehe

xx

Thanks Lotte :) The dates put me ovulating really late but I thought I had as I never got a positive OPK and stoppped doing them on CD22 - so I guess I ovulated after that!

awesome news Megan! Im glad they dont think theres any molar regrowth and im happy you have a good nurse. Fingers crossed you get another scan. Let us know ya blood results. Did you have a good weekend? How are you feeling?

xxx

Thanks Laura :) I had a lovely weekend apart from feeling so tired, I honestly feel like I could just sleep all the time! I feel nauseus in the evenings as well but hoping thats a good sign that all is going ok!

Thanks rjh2910 :)

Well my EPU don't hang around - they called back with the results of my blood tests this morning! My levels have gone from 759 on Thursday to 6608 today - the Nurse said this was a nice rise and she was pleased with it. They have booked me in for a scan on Monday morning :happydance:

So so hoping it is all good news! I want to be excited but I'm just so scared someone is going to tell me the mole is growing back.

Megan Thats awesome news and so pleased your getting bloods and they seem hot on your scans too. Think its totally normal to worry my lovely but everythin Ive read suggest once you hit negative its ok. I have everything crossed all is ok. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->