Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

The doctor told me it was a "larger than normal bleed" and said everyday that goes by betters my odds of keeping the babe. And no sex, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise. I was on cloud nine for about 5 hours yesterday and now I'm more worried than ever...

hope everything turns out ok raff...i had a blood clot spotted at 5 weeks which had shrank significantly by 6.5 weeks. Just take it easy, avoid anything that could make it burst suddenly...i was told to avoid sex too.

Ladies...when you had your first few periods when hcg low were they the same as usual ones? this is only my second but Its awful! getting through a pad every 2 hours and even with a tampon im soaking the pad. plus when i go to wee i loose a load of blood then too...sorry if tmi!!!

my internet cheapies came so will be checking on those...blood test booked for Wednesday.

gd job iv got all my wedding stuff to occupy me. we had iui in may just after my OH proposed, so when we got that bfp my life was just complete!!! Now im ready for 2013, 2012 has been very bittersweet.

hope everyone else is doin ok?

x

My 2nd AF after the D&C was probably the worst I have ever had. And my office was at a seminar in Florida and instead of renting hotel rooms we got a house--that apparently didn't stock extra TP so our bathroom ran out of TP and we had to go to the store to get more--everyone else was like---ummmm why are you using so much---thanks guys!! Also had to deal with the first day of AF being on the day we flew cross country--not fun when its a heavy flow in a plane bathroom or the airport bathrooms either trying to shuffle thru luggage to find tampons and pads...no fun!! My 2011 was the worst year of my life--2012 has treated us much better--here's to 2013 being the BEST year for us all!!

Raff I'm sorry you have to deal with the worry of the bleed--things should get to be easy in our rainbow pregnancies--we have been thru enough its not fair to have something else!!

x[/QUOTE]

My 2nd AF after the D&C was probably the worst I have ever had. And my office was at a seminar in Florida and instead of renting hotel rooms we got a house--that apparently didn't stock extra TP so our bathroom ran out of TP and we had to go to the store to get more--everyone else was like---ummmm why are you using so much---thanks guys!! Also had to deal with the first day of AF being on the day we flew cross country--not fun when its a heavy flow in a plane bathroom or the airport bathrooms either trying to shuffle thru luggage to find tampons and pads...no fun!! My 2011 was the worst year of my life--2012 has treated us much better--here's to 2013 being the BEST year for us all!![/QUOTE]

oh no! AF on a plane! thats awful :-(

mines calmed down since i posted last. not getting through doubling up so thhats ok!

Another question?.......does anyone know as what level they'd just leave you to drop maturally an not intervien with chemo?

So if I stay at 25 for another 3 blood tests will they intervien or just leave me to it? obviously 25 is low but its still not 0.

lots of love :) x

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your kind messages, i do still read just not sure what to say.

Welcome aimze. So i didn't have a pmp but had placenta accreta, and there was a little bit of placenta 'a micro dot' they thought which never showed on any scans and was pumping out hcg. I lost Tilly in august 2011, and my hcg dropped very very slowly. By beginning of dec it was at about 75. I was having weekly tests, and tge next one came out at 82. I was referred to charing x and they saw me. First one with them was 76. One week later 89. They said we want to start you on the chemo. This was 30 dec. Cause my levels were so low, they said come back after xmas. I went back on 13 jan. But had had 2 more blood tests since then. They came in at 74 and 66. Luckily, they said i didn't need the metho. They contimued to drop very very slowly, and by june they were down to 7 or 8. They said that because they were so low, that it was just my natural level. I feel pregnant straight away. Unfortunately that didn't work out and i lost rory a couple of weeks ago at 16 weeks. But i had a blood tt last week and my level was less than 2!
The frustrating tying was the waiting. They said they will not start chemo unless they have had two more rising resukts or three steady ones ( withinh 10%). they said they wouldnt do chemo on me unless my hcg rose, but then i was a diffent case because i didn't have a pmp.

I think dano had chemo when her levels got very close to normal and then rose, but i'm not 100% sure. When is your next blood test? Did you previously get down to less than 5? :hugs:My sweet heart, i pray that it sorts itself out.

Raff, hope evrything goes ok. There was a nice heartbeat - everything will be ok.

Dano i hope you and your fighting bean a ok. Let us know how the scan goes.

Hope everyone is ok, and bumps are doing well. Apologoes for not mentioning everyone.

Xx

lots of love to you for your recent loss. I hope my Poppy and your little Rory are playing nice somewhere :)

I have been at under 5 for a month and this has just come out of the blue. im feeling hopeful the next will be lower.

hope you are all enjoying your weekends
xx

Lotte glad to see you are still hanging around silently--thinking about you LOTS!! :hug:

So just thought I would share my story. And see if anyone had a similar experience? I will apologise now for the spelling I hope I make sense lol.

March 6th 2012 I went with my friend to get the bar in her arm and decided that I wanted to get it in as I had fell pregnant on the pill the year before. So I went in to speak to the nurse and she had me take a pregnancy test wouldn't you know their was a faint pink line. I didn't think it was possible as 4 weeks before I had my gall bladder removed and I was sure they would have noticed. I knew I wasn't ready for another baby with a one year old and my partner and I arguing all the time and still living with my parents I knew it would be hard. I was so scared so I went home made an appointment for the doctors for my booking appointment the date they gave me was in 4 weeks time! That weekend I started bleeding it was just light staining I thought it was normal since I had a period the whole way threw my last pregnancy. I told my friend and she made me phone the doctors on the monday just to make sure, the earliest the doctor could get me an app for a scan was the friday. So I went with my sister on the friday to get the scan the doctor said that there was no heartbeat and that she thought it was a molar pregnancy I didn't have a clue what that was as I've never heard of it and tbh the hospital didn't give me much information on it either. So they booked me in for my D/C on the 20th as it was a long weekend with it being st paddys day.

After the D/C I was in so much pain they told me to buy strong painkillers in the shop and sent me home. I was hoping the pain would soon ease off as it was my 21st birthday on the 22nd and my partner had booked us a night stay in a luxury hotel and dinner. No I spent my 21st in bed sick. The next day I started feeling a lot better so I just thought it was a bug as the pain started to ease. Then on the 25th at half 6 I received a phone call from the hospital asking me to come in first thing the next morning, I knew there must have been something wrong as it was a sunday. When I went in the doctor told me that the results came back from the pathology lap from the d/c she told me that they did not remove any of the molar tissue and instead the got part lining of my womb and part of a fibroid. They told me that it was very common to puncture your womb in this procedure and to be unaware.

They admitted me into hospital to be put on a waiting list to get another D/C but this time they had to make a small incision at my belly button and put a camera in to see the damage they done. I went down to theatre at half 11 my mother was waiting on me as they told her the procedure should only last 1 hour. I didn't get back to the ward till half 7 that night. My mother was in a terrible state as no one would tell her what was happening or answer her questions. When I came back up to the ward I was in and out of it so that night was a blur. The next morning the doctor came round to speak to me and told me that they fixed the puncture in my womb but still hadn't removed all molar tissue and as I has so much work done in my womb I would not able to get another D/C and that in future pregnancy's I would have to have a caesarian.

They discharged me on the 29th I just couldn't wait to get home to my daughter! But that night I started bleeding real bad with clots bigger than my hand, disgusting. I was brought straight back into hospital and the nurse was able to pull the clots out, sorry tmi. They kept me in to check my bloods and when they started dropping they let me home again.

Everything was getting back to normal I was going to docs every to weeks for bloods then on the 8th june 2012 I had a phone call from charing cross london they wanted me to come over on the 12th to get chemo I don't really know my level number as I didn't want to know until they we're down. When I went to charing cross they were so lovely and they give me so much information and leaflets that I would have liked to have at the first app with the hospital! Would have saved a whole lot of worrying I only needed 6 weeks of treatment and now my levels are down I'm still getting bloods weekly! Can't wait to see the back of the doctors I'm sure they are fed up with me lol. Its been a journey all right! Hopefully that's me and I wish all us girlies good luck! Sorry about the long story lol! Xxx

sorry to hear about your loss dolly...

Do you know if your back to 0 now?

Hi Dollydimple, sorry to read your story and for your loss. Everyone of the lovely ladies on here is a wonderful support and understands what you are going through. Everyone is at a different stage in their journey, many on the road to their rainbows so it is nice to see that there are happy endings at the end of this horrible journey. I found this helped me get through the harder days particularly at the start.

I had a pmp diagnosed back in Jan but are now 28 weeks with a healthy bub. I didnt have to have chemo as my levels dropped on their own but there are several ladies on here who did and should be able to answer your questions.

Lotte, great to see you are silently here. Thinking of you everyday and sending lots of love and strength xx

Have you heard back from the doctors yet as to any idea why?

Still waiting for results- they think about 8 weeks so a little while!

I have a question ladies. How accurate are opks after a loss? I know my hcg is low, from both blood tests and hpt, whihc are negative. I have been doing opk's since Tuesday, since i want to know when and if i ovulate. They have been negative so far. Dh and i dtd yesterday with a negative test, yet i have just done one and it is majorly positive. We had planned to try after af not before. I am scared now.

We have said that my body will do what it wants and i know it doesn't mean anything would happen, but i am a planner and i didn't plan this! The hospital never mentioned waiting so i suppose i will have to see if i do o and hopefully will get my period in 2 weeks time.

Oh well :wacko:

Xx

That's a long wait. Hope it brings answers xx

Sorry, not experienced with them. Surely they would have told you if you were meant to wait. Thinking about you xx

They should be fairly accurate as your levels are below 2. Only thing I will say is sometimes your hormones can be a little up and down, so you can get a positive and not ovulate. Mind you, if it was blazing, then I'd say you probably will! Good luck lotte hun :hugs: xx

Thanks guys, will monitor my temps and see what they do over next few days.

How are you doing becky? Not long till your mat leave!

Dano hope you are ok. Not long till your scan - will you be finding out if its pink or blue?

Xx

Lotte--I would think they would be accurate too but can't say I know for sure. Remember that it is positive 1-2 days before you actually ovulate--maybe test again over the next few days to see if it goes negative or if levels are fluctuating and going up and down.

I'm doing good thanks Lotte. Bit exhausted but good. Counting down - 5 weeks of work or 32 days (25 working days). Can't wait. I have already planned the first week out but being the lead up to Christmas I am not expecting it to slow down. I think we have something on every weekend until Christmas with lots of travelling involved. At least the time will go quickly.

Have everything crossed for the right outcome for you. Good luck xx

just done another test...seems pretty blank, i have line eye so can see the faintest line. Also difficult peeing in a pot on your period so not sure if that would mess it up!

Anyway, im feeling hopeful that this weeks blood test has at least halved!

x

Well I called my doctor again today because the weekend left me to fill with worry about the perigestational hemorrhage...big mistake, only got the bad news I didn't want to hear. Basically my bleed is HUGE...5.3cm x 3.4cm x 2.4cm. She said the size matters in relation to the gestational sac which is 14mm, so its pretty bad. The only good news is that she said it isn't in the folds of the placenta so there is still a chance at a happy ending. I'll be having an ultrasound every two weeks till it resolves one way or another. :(

Have I mentioned that I hate the first trimester? I really really do. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"