• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Hi Girls
Ah thanks fingers crossed for next month.At least my period behaved this month! lol

Kate,
Yep i got married to pass the time and take my mind off follow up,lol.
It was amazing tho! And Sarah helped me organise it, because shes ace and was also a Vegas bride! :)

My period took ages to return after my mp,id say about 2 months i was so worried,but they just kept saying it will turn up when its ready and it did,so try not to worry if it does not return straight away hun!
My period has still not settled properly (bit erratic) and its been a year since my mp. I found i worried about everything!

Really glad your having some ok days,dont expect to much from yourself tho remember its ok to feel a whole mix of emotions.
losing a baby is a deep pain unlike any other because you also loose all the hope that goes with it,it hurts more than any physical pain,its really hard & we understand every emotion.

Lots of love
xxxxxxxxxxx

Dan-o hows the clomid going?

x

Good, no ill effects to speak of yet :D
Take my last tablet tomorrow though, so maybe the side effects will kick in when my ovaries switch back on!! :haha:

Hi girls just popping in to see how everyones doing and what the latest is with u all:) I'm heading back to the hospital where I had Jamari tomorrow, me n my oh get Jamari' s test results and speak with more drs about the future, I feel like as each day passes I just want to ttc even more! The waiting is quite a frustrating thing. Anyway, enough about me hope ur all having some luck xox:hugs:

Kate I hope it goes as well as possible at the hospital :hugs: I know it will be hard for you, I'll be thinking about you :hugs:

The waiting is hard . . . . I just tried to be productive. It really is hard . . . and to think the guidelines used to be to wait a year or more!!!

I hope you are all well!!! xxx

Hi Sarah, thanku:) it went much better then expected, it was strange I didn't get upset at all, and felt calm! We found out that bub didn't end up getting a post mortem as the drs already knew his condition, we were pleased no one was messing with his little body. I got some great news that the drs are confident I will have a positive pregnancy next time around, my levels are down to 27 and we can ttc again in march,2011! May I ask, is there anything different or special u did when ttc again? I know what's happened was just a 'chance, unlucky situTion' but I just wish there was something we could do to prevent it, apart from pray! Xo:hugs:

Hi Girls,

I have recently had a Molar Pregnancy and I am glad I have found this thread as i think it will get me through the next few months. Here is my story;

Me and my Hubby found out in May that we were expecting our 2nd baby, we already have a 3 year old little girl. We were absolutely over the moon, we had told all our family and friend our good news and we were excited about the months ahead.

When I was about 8 weeks pregnant I had a brown discharge in my underwear (sorry TMI) and i was hysterical and instantly thought the worse. I went to the doctors and the assured me that it was nothing as i had no pain and it was not RED blood. So with my mind at rest i carried on as normal. I felt extremely tired all of the time and seemed to be crying alot, I also felt very ill, i just put this down to being pregnant, but i was not like this when i was pregnant with my little girl.

I had my booking in appointment with the midwife and when she took my bloods i prayed the results would come back and tell me i was anaemic because i was so exhausted. But my results came back normal.

We went on our holiday to Turkey and the day before we were due to fly back i had more brown discharge, but didn't panic as the doctor had told me not to worry about it, and also I was having my dating scan the next day, which we were so excited about.

We arrived at the hospital, me, hubby, mum and daughter. My little girl couldn't wait to see her little brother/sister in my belly. We were all so excited, this all changed when we went in for the scan and this is were the nightmare began. The sonographer gave us the worst news of our life we were devastated. The worse thing was having to tell our little girl that we were no longer having a baby. My hubby had told her that the stupid stalk put the wrong seed in mummys belly, he had put a butterfly seed in my belly instead and the butterfly has flown away. She cried and said that she didn't want to be here on her own without a brother or a sister, this broke my heart and i blamed myself for ever telling her that we were having a baby. I also felt ashamed that i had lost my baby, everyone knew i was pregnant and now we had to tell everyone that we had lost the baby.

When we were told this bad news I told the midwife that my sister had had a PMP and could it be that, they said it was too early to say. Two days later I had to go back into hospital for my Evac and D & C. This was awful, i was in a ward next to a lady who was having an abortion, i was disgusted about that. I couldn't believe I was in hospital and i was going through this, i was so angry.

After the procedure I was told that the tissue they took did not look like Molar tissue, i was so relived. They then allowed me to go home.

Over the next few weeks i did nothing but cry. I don't no how many times i had to tell my little girl that i had something in my eye. I wouldn't go out shopping in the area were i lived in case i bumped into people and had to explain why i wasn't pregnant any more.

4 weeks 3 days after my D & C i received the letter, it was a Molar, I was heart broken I knew now that i couldn't try for another baby for at least 6 months.

I am now under Sheffield hospital, and yesterday i got my results from my second urine sample, my hormone levels are back to normal wahoo! This has really picked me up, so if things stay the way they are I am hoping to be discharged by February 2011. My baby would have been due on the 17th Feb so i know this is going to be a really hard month.

Currently I am having more good days than bad. There are occasions were i break down crying out of the blue and sometimes I don't even no why. I am keeping myself busy with christmas shopping, nights out with friends etc and time seems to be going quickly, it has been 2 months already.

There isn't a day that goes by were i don't think about my baby, or think about the what if's I am trying to be strong and just hope my little angel can see how much we are missing him/her.

There is currently a baby boom going on around me and i am gutted i am not apart of it, but i no it will be my turn again soon.

I just want to say thank you for this thread, putting all this down in writing is like therapy in itself and I feel better already. I hope I can make new friends here and its just a shame that the first thing we have in common is loosing our babies.

Well girls I hope I haven't bored you all stiff, it was longer than i thought it would be.

Hope to chat to you all soon x

P.S I am not sure were all you girls are from but i'm from the North West

Hi Angels mum!! Thanku for sharing ur story Hun, big hugs to u :hugs: 7 weeks ago I had to deliver my son due to a partial molar, he was also triploidy Meaning he had an extra set of chromosomes. He also would have been due in February. I am able to ttc again in march, just 1 month after you:) will u ttc again as soon as u can Hun? How's ur little girl doing what's her name? I come from Australia, where are u? U will definately meet some amazing girls here, feel free to pm me anytime, as we r at a very similar journey and close timeframe too.xo

Hi Angels Mummy! I'm glad you found us, but I am so sorry that you had to - if you know what I mean :hugs: It must be so hard, trying to keep it together for your little girl too. What a sweet way your husband explained it to her, she sounds like a little sweetie :hugs:

How awful that you were on the ward next to someone having an abortion! I had a private room when I had my D&C, thank goodness.

Great newsthat your levels have fallen so quickly :hugs:

Kate I'm so pleased that the hospital wasn't too bad :hugs: and that the results were okay. Just a countdown to ttc now! When we started ttc'ing again - well actually before but in preperation lol - Steve stopped smoking and we both joined the gym and started working out 3-4 times a week - which was good as it was also something to keep me busy :) I knew I couldn't prevent something bad happening again but I felt like I was giving myself a good start. I also kept taking folic acid, ate healthy etc. I also tracked my cycle so that when we did ttc again I could spot my fertile days without temping or using OPK's, which I knew would stress me out!

I also bought this book:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zita-Wests...3717/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1287315258&sr=8-3
which was really, realy good, and this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fertility-...r_1_17?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1287315342&sr=1-17
which you fill in, its excellent :)

Hugs to you all xx

Hi Angels mum.

:hug:

I'm so glad you are lucky enough to have reached a normal reading on your own, that is fabulous news! :hugs:

xxx

Hi Girls,

Glad I found you all too, however i haven't got a clue how this website works, but i will work it out soon enough lol.

Hi Jamaris Mummy, i am so sorry that you had to deliver your son that must have been awful for you. Hopefully sharing our experiences may make us stronger. I will TTC in February, as soon as the hospital give me the all clear. I have presumed it will be February as this will be 6 months after my d & c.

My daughter is called Darcie, she is a little cutie pie, she is currently nagging me to buy her a kitten lol, and she is extremely excited for her birthday and Christmas.

I am from the North West of England, not too far from Liverpool. Where about in Oz are you from? my hubby would love to emigrate to Oz, but i am more reluctant.

Well girlies I hope you are all doing well, chat again soon :flower:

Hi again girls:) angels mum I live in new south wales in Australia:) that's interesting ur partner wants to move here, all my ancestors are from England. That's exciting u can ttc again in deb I'll be not far behind u I can't wait!! Had more tests today too my levels are now 17! Yay, and thanks Sarah, for all ur help I will def be ordering those books. I'm the same as u in that I don't want to get all obsessed when the time comes to ttc like with opks etc my friend did that n she didn't fall for a yr and them did wen she stopped trying! I'm just trying tostay calm!! Do u plan on having any more babies?

Morning ladies!

Kate thats such great news that your levels are continuing to fall!! It is hard not to get a bit obsessed when you start ttc again, after I read the Zita West book I started looking for all the other signs of been in the fertile period. I found it much better just been able to track my cycle through observation - rather than getting into all the temping etc. OPK's can be so stressfull - plus its so easy to miss your fertile time just by testing at the wrong time. I felt much, much more in control when I understood my cycle better.

AngelsMum Baby&Bump is a fab site - there is something for everyone on here :hugs: I joined whenI was already pregnant but its been so helpful over the past year or so, and I've made some lovely friends.

Kate we do plan to have another baby at some point - Steve would have another tomorrow :haha: but I think maybe when Oliver is 1 we'll think about it. I'm not broody again yet but I'm sure I will be soon enough :haha:

xx

Hi Sarah:) yes I'm so relieved they r dropping, it would be awful if the levels stArted to rise again which I alwAys prepare myself for it's easy to think the worst these dAys.. But i think I'm on the home straight now it's so amazing how healthy I'm starting to feel gosh looking back I was so very sick .. That's greAt u plan to give little Oliver a sibling some day:) I want a big family, thTs why we started young. Can't believe it's been 2 months this week since my pregnancy ended.. It's such a crazy world.. Today i cried, I thought about how if my baby boy was still with me how much I'd be feeling him kick right now et c.. I felt him move for the first time 2 days before I lost him forever. I feel blessed I got to feel him kick:') wel I'm off to sleep now..'it's 11pm here and I have work in the morning.. Thanks agAin sweet Sarah xxx

Hi Girls

My hormone levels are now back to normal, and i was just wandering if it is possible for them to rise again and if they can why would this happen? I don't want to get my hopes up now that I have had my first normal result if my hormone level can go back up. I am going to ring Sheffield hospital tomorrow to see if i an likely to be discharged by February, because i got a letter to say if my hormone drops within 56 days of the end of pregnancy the 6 months will start from the date the pregnancy ended. If it took longer than 56 day, the 6 months follow up will start from the date of your first normal result.

Anyway, you no i said there is a baby boom about me at the moment, well one of the men who I work with came into our office with the scan pictures of his and his wife's baby, I found it so hard cooing over his baby, yet I had to put on a happy face. After he left I was in tears, his wife is due 11 days after my babies due date and I was thinking that my baby should have been that size. I was totally gutted. I just hope situations like this will get easier with time.

Hope your all well x

Hi Ladies!

Angels Mum GREAT news about your levels!!! It is possible for them to go back up again - which his why they do the followup - but it also very, very, very unlikely - please don't worry that they will - your levels have dropped to zero with no intervention - the odds are seriously stacked in your favour now :hugs: Well done for keeping it together looking at your collegues scan pic - its very hard isn't it? For me, it has got easier in time :hugs: Getting past my babies due date was a biggie for me, and the 'one year on' stuff was all strange because I was expecting Oliver by then. My due date with my PMP was May 10th 2009, Oliver was born May 8th 2010 . . . . strange eh?

Jamari's Mummy I'm so glad you're feeling better! Its lovely that you felt Jamari move before you lost him, what a special, special memory for you :hugs: Its bittersweet I know but so, so special :hugs:

Hi ladies!

I need your help! Does anyone have all the leaflets etc to hand re follow up? I threw mine away (the celebrate the end on my follow up lol!), I just need to know what is says - if anything - about testing after you have a baby? I remember it saying that you needed to test so many weeks after baby is born - no one contacted me after Oliver arrived so I e-mailed Sheffield and they sent out a test pot etc, which I sent back and thought that would be the end of it, but they sent me another kit? I freaked out a bit and did a preg test - BFN. So I'm puzzled why they need to keep testing? Any ideas?

Hope you are all well :hugs:

Hi Sarahwoo,

Did you get pregnant before your follow-up finished? Because I was told if i get pregnant before they had given me the all clear they would just follow-up after the baby was born. If not, i am not sure why they are sending you out more kits. I would give them a call and ask them, they seem to be very friendly and you will get your answers there and then.

Quick question, did you have a councilor ring you from Sheffield? I have had a letter from a councilor, they have been trying to call me but i have changed my number. She said it was just to make sure I was doing ok. Which i thought was really nice. I'm gonna give her a call tomorrow.

Hope your all having a nice weekend :flower:

Hi lovelies:)angels mum congratulations on ur first normal result.. I know it is a mix of emotions but I'm so happy for u as I am looking forward to my first normal.. Somewhat... I guess is bittersweet, marks the end of something special but also signifies the beginning of something else. Girls I am now down to 10! It's been 2 months. How time flies, only four to go. Sarah thanku for saying that coz that's exactly how I feel, I feel honored. To have felt my lil man move around .. At that time I didn't know anything was wrong but at the same time I didn't take it for granted it was so special! I'm sorry Sarah imnot sure about the testing after u had olly? Have u found out anymore about that? Do they do that for all mummies or just us Pmp mums? Hope u r all doing well... Nd angels mum I'm so sorry about ur workmate with the scan, it's so heart wrenching, everytime I see a little baby I physically ache and my heart actuaaly HURTs!! I can feel the break. Luv to you all beautiful mummies :hugs:

Hey ladies!

How is everyone?

I am still non the wiser as to why Sheffield keep sending me kits :dohh: My followup had finished . . . oh well I'll just keep sending the samples back until I get fed up :haha:

I hope you are all doing okay :hugs:

xx

Hi Sarah:) doing ok, my levels are down to 10:) nearly there.... Hope undoing well Hun xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"