Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Hi ladies!

I need your help! Does anyone have all the leaflets etc to hand re follow up? I threw mine away (the celebrate the end on my follow up lol!), I just need to know what is says - if anything - about testing after you have a baby? I remember it saying that you needed to test so many weeks after baby is born - no one contacted me after Oliver arrived so I e-mailed Sheffield and they sent out a test pot etc, which I sent back and thought that would be the end of it, but they sent me another kit? I freaked out a bit and did a preg test - BFN. So I'm puzzled why they need to keep testing? Any ideas?

Hope you are all well :hugs:

:flower:This is what Charing Cross do:

Information for Patients with Molar Pregnancies or Choriocarcinoma
The timetable of the hCG follow-up

After treatment stops: - serum and urine samples weekly for six weeks.
At six weeks after treatment: - a final check-up and ultrasound
Year 1 - months 0 - 6 --- Two-weekly blood and urine
Year 1 - months 7 -12 --- Two-weekly urine
Year 2 --- Monthly urine
Year 3 --- Two-monthly urine
Year 4 --- Three-monthly urine
Year 5 --- Four-monthly urine
Year 6 and for life --- Six-monthly urine

Similarly to the information above for women who didn't need treatment, patients who have been treated for molar pregnancy, will have urine and blood hCG testing 6 and 10 weeks after the delivery of any future children.

Hope this helps! :)

I'm on monthly urine now :)

Kate thats great - I'm so pleased :)

Dan-O - thanks for that info :) And I have just spotted your ticker!!!!! The clomid worked then? Wow!!! HUGE Congratulations!!! How are you feeling? :hugs:

Thanks hun :hugs:

I'm absolutely over the moon & excited, but at the same time a little nervous about my first scan, in a couple of weeks.

I have a good feeling this time though, so I hope all is well in there... finally! :D

congratulations dan-o!!!:thumbup: be sure to keep us updated hun!

news with me is my levels are now 7...and i got my first period since jamaris birth yesterday..its all a bit emotionall:hugs::cry:

Ohhh fab news about your HCG Jamaris, you are almost there!!

Thanks so much for the congrats ladies. It seem to be sticking so far. I'm still a bit on edge, as my first BFP after the molar ended up as an early MC.

10 more sleeps until my scan!! You'd think I'd have more patience by now, especially after going through the molar/chemo & the forced WTT, but I don't!!! It's driving me crazy not knowing if things are OK or not! So far this pregnancy has been almost exactly the same as the PMP, so I hope that's not a bad sign :wacko:

:hug:

Thanks Dan-o! Yes nearly there! Not long til march will be here and we can try again, I can't wait to be where u r!! Did it take u long to fall again after it pmp? I fell first go with Jamari, n going things will be the same 2nd time round, I'm not sure if pmp's affect that in any way.. Sarah woo how r u huni!!! Thought of u today:) hope all is great with u xxx:hugs:

I know it doesnt feel like it at the time, but your all clear does come round quicker than you'd imagine. If you had no probs before then I'm sure you will get pregnant again in the same sort of time span :)

Do you have children already?

I fell with the PMP after about 6 TTC cycles. It took 17 TTC cycles this time, but OH does have a low count.
I was also on my first round of clomid, prescribed to get me ovulating more than one egg :flower:

I'm really hoping this will be the one, as I'm 34 after xmas & had planned on having at least one baby already by now! xx

Kate I'm really well thankyou :hugs: that's great about your HCG level! And a really good sign that your period is back - I hope you are feeling okay :hugs: As far as I know PMP / MP doesn't affect your fertility in any way so hopefully you will be lucky and fall quickly again! Dan-O is right - your all clear really will come quickly :hugs: It feels like forever at the time but looking back, gosh it went quick!

Dan-O When I was pregnant with Oliver it was very much silimar to my PMP. I got morning sickness etc the same, sore boobs, lots of the same symptoms. It was very worrying at the time :hugs: I did feel much better after my first scan and seeing the heartbeat. I had a private scan at 9 weeks because I was all worried again - that really was money well spent! Its hard to believe that that little flutter turned into Oliver!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know much about Clomid but with it working to get you ovulating more than one egg does that put your chances of conceiving twins up?

xx

Yep & I ovulated two eggs for sure, possibly a third!! So my chances are quite high.
I really don't think here is more than one bean though, my tests didn't get darker quickly or anything like that.

I've got a NHS scan a week on Monday, at 6+4. If things look OK, I'm going to ask for another two weeks later. If they decline I'm going to go for a private one at 9 weeks to break up the wait until the 12w scan :flower:

Gosh I so hope everything is OK this time!!

Oh my goodness! I never knew that about clomid!!

I did just the same with the scans - but at six weeks with everything been okay they said it would be 12 weeks for the next one. Having the private scan really broke up the wait and was really nice - though I was crying my eyes out in the waiting room before we went in, I was so afraid something would be wrong. We explained everything to the sonographer and he was fab.

I've got everything crossed for you!!!! xx

Thanks girls... I'm glad my period is back it was no where near ad painful as they used to be!! Which was severe they were soo painful! So I guess that's a good thing.. Yes tome us going by fast, I just am so excited everytime I get sad about bubby boy I just think of my next little one and how I have to stay happy for him/her. That's so great about ur news Dan o all the best!!!:) eek so exciting!:) Sarah I think I will be the same at my scans for the next one... Crying in the waiting room! Xox

Hi Girls!
Just popping by to say hi and i hope everybodys ok! :)
Ive also just found out im pregnant again,its very early days im 4wks 5days to be exact.
Im feeling a whole mix of emotions right now,im really happy but also really scared and just trying to take it day to day.
I had a cmp so will be getting a scan at 8wks.
Really hope everybodys ok and love to you all
Lou
xxx

PS. We must be due really close together, what a lovely coincidence!!

Thank you :)
Yeah we are about a week apart!
Roll on our scans,so we know our little seeds are ok! xxx

Ohhh I know, it's like torture waiting for the scan isn't it?
It would be so great if we are post molar bump buddies :happydance:

It really is torture!
Yeay post molar bump buddies! That would be fab! xxx

OOhhhhh I'm just so pleased for you both!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->