Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Tina, thr fact that you have work up until that point is amazing! Enjoy you time off xx I finish in a week, only 5 days left at work and I'm only 33ish. It's getting too hot now...

Bevb, they are excellent numbers. I was 1200 the week after my d and c, the levels dropped to 200 odd and then 60 over the next 2 weeks. I think I was negative in 7ish weeks of testing. Your levels are excellent to start. I didn't get any pain or bleeding so was very shocked when at 15 weeks had a scan and had no growth since 7.5 weeks. I had thought because I had bad sickness everything was going to be ok. Looking back now I should have known something was wrong. Everyone here is wonderful xx

I think next time we do this I am going to try and plan for the heavy pregnant bit not in summer. Really not coping with the heat at the moment. Come on bub, hurry up....

I had a hard time with the heat this summer--I felt like I was going to melt on numerous occasions and I was only in the "20's" week wise. Good luck mama staying cool at the end here!!

Bevb your levels sound great. I think it varies from lady to lady. I had a cmp so its a bit different. How are you?

Tina you have done super. Do you go back part term when bubba is 8 weeks?

Becky I can only imagine how hot you are! With Corban I wasn't to big during summer and this time I'm mainly pregnant winter and spring!

Vicki we only had sex on the day I got my positive opk and here we are.

How is everyone else? Do any of you have much planned for the weekend?

Xxx

My office only works Mon-Wed for most weeks now, and then 1 week a month we work a 4 day week--so I'm kind of always part time with my full time job. We started that schedule Spring of last year and to be honest it doesn't work very well for me because we start soooo early. I might job search this Spring if I get brave. I have been there for almost 7 years so it will be a big change. I just don't do well starting work @ 6:45am :dohh:

Raff we told mums and brothers sisters at the beginning and also two close friends. After our 12 week scan we told a few more family members (aunts, uncles etc) and a few extra friends but we've said we don't wanna announce it properly yet. I have a scan at 18+6 weeks so if I'm feeling movement we will tell others. What are you doing?

Tina you have done amazing! Must be hard working and being Mumma too! I'm super excited to hear your news!

Xxxx

Tina, so close. Fingers crossed for small bubs and soon :) the hospital told me when they rang about the pmp that I would need the placenta to be tested following births and bloods until negative hcg levels. My current ong doesn't think its necessary so I am getting a second opinion. I want to be safe. A second opinion is a good idea. The gd would probably not helped with the heat either. Glad you get to do the last bit in a colder temperature. It's going to be soon.

We went to my parents house today at the beach to escape the heat. It was quite nice there. Still have lost my ankles though, at least I will find them again tomorrow :) first thing my mum said to me though is that she thinks that I have dropped a bit. Hopefully that is a sign that things will happen a little early. Fingers crossed.

Raff so glad you haven't had any bleeding. Good luck.with your scan xx

Raff we told mums and brothers sisters at the beginning and also two close friends. After our 12 week scan we told a few more family members (aunts, uncles etc) and a few extra friends but we've said we don't wanna announce it properly yet. I have a scan at 18+6 weeks so if I'm feeling movement we will tell others. What are you doing?

Tina you have done amazing! Must be hard working and being Mumma too! I'm super excited to hear your news!

Xxxx

I think we are going to tell around 13 weeks. I've already told a few close friends and immediate family. I'm finding it very hard to keep secret....I'm getting big so fast! I have already gained 5 lbs!!! I think it is because the doc has put me on 'minimal activity'. I just sit around all day, and eat! The doc said she might give me the go ahead to start exercise if my SCH starts to shrink.

Has anyone heard from Dan-o??? I'm starting to worry about her...

blakesmom-

I tried to put the URL here and the email but it won't let me, says its SPAM. To look up the website just go to google and type in "Dr. Goldstein, New England, MA" or his full name, Donald. P. Goldstein, MD.

Other women have said they have emailed him and he usually responds fairly quickly, so I'm anxious to see what he does. Let us know how it goes, if you don't mind! =)

oh my goodness. I am hoping if I do get pregnant again I will be able to wait that long to tell. No one but family really knew anyway but it made it that much harder to have to tell everyone about the pmp and explain what was going on.

Mommy12345- I actually have been struggling with the same fears of repeat partial molar...do you know if it would look any different on an ultrasound? It is still super unlikely almost unheard of once you've been negative for a while.
I think it is normal to fear...all of us have some real emotional baggage from these molar pregnancies! Its so hard to believe the odds are in our favor when we were the 1/1000 to have molar mmc.

Rafferty,

Mine looked completely different because I had a complete molar pregnancy, which on a scan you see no sac at all and it looks snowy like. Good luck with your current pregnancy! we are a month apart! I am supposed to be due on July 20th!

oh my goodness. I am hoping if I do get pregnant again I will be able to wait that long to tell. No one but family really knew anyway but it made it that much harder to have to tell everyone about the pmp and explain what was going on.

amurray,

I just went for my first scan today and am 6 weeks and 2 days along. It is SO hard not to tell everyone the news, but I also worry as with my molar pregnancy family knew and I hated then having to go and tell everyone what happened at such a fragile time in my life. Good luck TTC!

mummy2corban,

congrats on being in your 2nd trimester after a complete mole! it gives me hope! Wishing you the best of luck for a healthy pregnancy!!!

How have you all found the reaction from your other halfs?
My hubby to be tries to be supportive but sometimes I think he thinks I just need to move on.
I had my third set of bloods today. I have to go into the same ward we were taken to after being told the baby had died at 9 weeks. Its like going back to that day every time I walk in there.

Thank you lovely! It's been scary but its gonna be worth it all. How are you feeling? Xxx

I go in this evening to start my induction---can't wait to have my rainbow in my arms!!!

Wow Blakesmom! I can't believe this day is finally here! You were just announcing your pregnant when i joined this thread and now you're having your rainbow!

so exciting blakesmom, all the luck to you!!

bevb- i know what you mean, my husband is supportive as well, unfortunately he will never think about it as much as I do because it's different for them..it's like they are on the outside looking in, only people who actually have gone through it, or are going through it (i think), provide the best support/advice, that's why i come here =) i am dreading going back for my follow up ultrasound next week, it will be the same place I was told there was no heartbeat and it was a molar, so I am definitely not looking forward to it. It's like every time I think I am doing better, I have to do something that reminds me of it all over again, so I know what you mean. I get my 3rd blood draw on Wednesday, hoping for another drop.

Has anyone said when you can start trying again?

Tina, absolutely wonderful. Can't wait to see photos. All the best, fingers crossed for smooth delivery xx

Laura, congratulations on second trimester!

Bevb, I found it hard with my hubby afterwards. He struggled as he couldn't do anything to make it better. He was wonderful and supportive but he was a little bit on the outside with all the medical stuff. I found talking honestly was the best thing. It helped and also highlighted to me something that I kept over looking - he had also lost a child. Honesty and communication helps.

Getting excited, only 3 days left of work. I can't wait. Getting uncomfortable already and have dropped so am hoping heaps that I'm still not in this position at 40 weeks. Fingers crossed for a few weeks early
Hope everyone has a good week xx

Tina good luck lovely! Can't believe how close you are to having your rainbow in your arms. Hope all goes well xxxxx

Becky 3 days left at work! Awesome! It's hard work when bubba drops isnt it! Hehe lotsa waddling and needing to wee all the time. It's just so amazing that your so close too! Xxxx

Blakesmom, good luck sweetie!! I had an induction with Sidney (pessary on its own got me going) and ended up with a completely natural birth, despite him being back to back, it was a great experience! Hope yours is similar!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->