Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Lotte I totally understand!!! I felt very sorry for myself with the sickness! Cried quite a lot too! Wish I could offer some relief! It will end though... Doesn't feel like it but it will. Glad your booking in well. Let us know how your scan goes! Exciting.i can't believe I'm nearly 26 weeks!!!! It's crazy. This time last year I struggled to think I'd ever be here again but I am here! Been feeling good thank you just starting to get uncomfortable at night! Boo!!!

Xxxxx

Hi Ladies
I'm very new here. This is my story...I have 2 healthy girls aged 5 and 3 and my husband and I decided to try for #3 last summer. Amazingly we got pregnant the first time and all was fine until I went for 12 week scan. They couldn't see anything on the scan so had to do a vaginal where we saw the baby with no heartbeat. It had died at 8 weeks. We were heartbroken and had a D&C 3 days later. We hoped to try the very next cycle but 3 weeks after D&C I was called into GP who explained that I'd been diagnosed with a possible molar pregnancy. I was referred to Charing X who confirmed a partial molar pregnancy. Luckily my numbers came down pretty rapidly and I was told I could ttc 6 months from the D&C. Has been the hardest thing I've ever been through particularly as my best friend was 1 week behind me in the pregnancy and I now have to see her every day with her growing bump.

I started to do a bit of research about reduced wait times after a pmp and spoke directly to someone at Charing X who said that because of my age (35) and how my numbers fell they would reduce my wait time by 2 months! That felt fantastic and at last a positive on my radar.

Soooo that green light was given in January and unbelievably we have just ttc, have just been through the longest 2 week wait ever and this morning I got a faint BFP!!!!! I am feeling a mixture of emotions. Disbelief, excitement and pure terror. AF isn't due for a couple of days so I guess I'm not completely certain that it still won't show up but I'm going to keep testing and make an apt with my GP.

I have a few questions about what to do if I am pregnant (still can't believe I am saying that after months of reading other people saying that on blogs!). Do I need to let Charing X know straight away? My GP isn't that knowledgeable about MPs so I'm not confident I'm going to get the proper attention I need and I'm not sure exactly what that is. Do I need a scan at 6 weeks? Please can I ask your help and advice?

Thank you x

Hi Molly!

Im close to your situation...might have a bfp and not sure whether to tell sheffield if it is a bfp...also i have my urine to send off to them an holding off sending till i know what's goin on!

healthy an happy 9 months to you hun!

x

Hello Molly, I'm so sorry to hear your story but I'm glad your numbers dropped quickly. I'm with charring cross. I called them straight away! I had chemo and tried before my year so I wanted to speak to the nurses as I mc the month before too! They suggested I booked in with my dr and ask them to sort out a scan between 6-8 weeks. I had a scan at 6,8,12 and 19 weeks. They also requested one more wee sample just to check levels. Ill restart my testing once bubba is here. I have my fingers crossed this is your bfp! Keep us updated.

Xxx

Hi Ladies! We're team PINK again! She looked beautiful, all measurements spot on. And the best part is my placenta previa moved off the OS, and the doctor is pretty confident it will continue to move! Looks like I won't have a premie/c-section after all. We are thrilled with the results :)

Raff what awesome news! Congratulations on being team pink! And great great news about your placenta being in the move. Another pink rainbow!!! Yay xxxx

Congrats Raff

Took urine sample into doc today. They have to send it away to get tested (no idea why apparently they don't do preg testing at my surgery!). Then my GP will sort out an early scan so the ball is effectively rolling.

I haven't told my husband yet though. I don't know why, I guess I just want to wait a few more days to make sure everything stays ok. He is going through an incredibly stressful time at work and although he obviously supports me in wanting to try for a baby, he did say the other day that it wouldn't be great timing and if we weren't pregnant this month then perhaps we should wait another few months. If I hadn't suspected I was already pregnant I might have lost it - have I been doing the 6 month wait on my own? Does he not realise how hard this wait has been? Or maybe I was selfish thinking like that. Anyway, at the moment I AM pregnant so I just need to figure out when to tell him. Maybe on Friday when he has the weekend ahead of him, or perhaps wait til valentines day next week if I can?!

What do you think? X

Mummy2corban - could I ask you how long you did wait after chemo before trying? I too have had chemo and been told to wait 12 months before trying again but I'm considering trying again after the 9 month mark. What would be your advice? x

Hello mrs1984, I was told to wait 12 months but after tonnes of research and talking to charring cross I decided to start trying at 6 months (your risk of relapse reduces a whole lot at 6 months) so at the 6 month mark we started trying at the 7 month point I fell preggo but mc (everything normal nothing molar) then we took a month out so I fell preggo at 9 months after treatment. If you feel you are ready and think you have researched enough to make you feel happy then do it. I worried till after my 20 week scan but I'm feeling more relaxed now. Good luck with your decision and in always here if you need to chat xxx

Molly how are you feeling? I would tell your husband as you've already been through alot you shouldn't go through this alone. It might not be the best timing due to his work but things always work themselves out. Any news from your dr?

Xxx

Thanks Mummy2Corban
I am feeling ok and think I'm going to tell him on Friday when he gets back from London. You are right - he should know and as much as I don't want to add to his stress or worry him, I don't want to go through this worry alone. Or the excitement! Also we have friends coming to stay this weekend so I will need him to make me secret non alcoholic drinks!
Will let you know his reaction! X

Dr is going to arrange an early scan. How terrifying is it going into that first scan? I don't think I could look.

I was extremely nervous! I felt so sick and couldn't stop my mind wondering but seeing that little heart beating away was just amazing. It is hard but so worth it. Good luck telling him. Let us know how things go xxx

Good luck molly.

I bought opks, but still having small finishing streaks. How far in my cycle should i start them. My cycle was 53 days last time, but this is only the second time since molar then depo shot. I so want to get preg this month becausevi am planning on taking my cna class in april sometime and it could go up to 2 month so it would keep my mind busy. But also want to try to get into jan 2014 nursing program and i know it will be c-sec and want to make sure i heal before starting something that stressful.

Vicki

Af would arrive for me 13 days after a positive opk but seeing as I didn't know the length of my cycle I would start testing about cd 10 so I wouldn't miss it. I'd also start bd from around that time at least every 2-3 days. Fingers crossed this is your month

Xxxt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->