Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

I've had three molar pregnancies one full molar and two partial I have two healthy bye and now pregnant with baby 8 weeks 5 days I'm very worried I will have another loss. I have a scan tomorrow which I've scheduled in timing it for after the age when I lost my last three. I've just lost my last 6months ago. I have waited for my HCG levels to fall neg three in a row and TTC after two months of neg HCG. I'm staying hopeful but so hard when I've lost three to molar or partial. Also had another loss at 6 weeks which no explaination for. The other three were 14 weeks, 16 weeks and 12 weeks all missed miscarriages
My youngest son in 6 in June and for me this is our last chance it's already a big age gap. has anyone gone on to have healthy babies after partial molar pregnancy conceiving 4months after a partial molar loss?

Hello all,

I was really happy to find a such a great forum. I was crying by the end of reading the posting of Sarahwoo. At the beginning of January I had a D&C after I was informed that my pregnancy stopped evolving at 8 weeks. The result was partial molar pregnancy. The HCG level is now under 5, so in 2 months after D&C it got negative. My doctor told me I should wait a year before TTC, but reading about it, I don't want to wait a full year to try again. I saw that other doctors say 6 months is enough and I understand why. But 1 year seems a lot...I was happy to read positive stories and that another baby can come after a pmp.

Best wishes to all of you!

Hi All, I have read many if the posts in the last few weeks. It's been most helpful to hear the various stories when it's all so hard to make sense of having a miscarriage. I found out 3 weeks ago that I had a missed miscarriage and more recently it was a partial molar. Baby was 8 weeks and I found out at the 13 week scan. Very unexpected and I feel pretty unlucky.

I have today received the first hcg results from bloods taken 2.5 weeks after the d&c and these were 130. Does anyone have any context of whether this is good, middle or high?

We have a boy who is 2 years next week, we are lucky to have him. But keen to put this all behind and try for a second baby.

Hi All

Just wondering how things are going for candy tans anaida?

Going for my second bloods on Friday (results to come on Weds) just hoping for a decline....:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm so scared today I went for an ultrasound because I was told my hcg levels are high. They saw a sac and what might be a fetal pole. They said that it can either be a molar pregnancy or a normal pregnancy with high hcg levels.All I've done is Google and cried all day :cry:

I'm so scared today I went for an ultrasound because I was told my hcg levels are high. They saw a sac and what might be a fetal pole. They said that it can either be a molar pregnancy or a normal pregnancy with high hcg levels.All I've done is Google and cried all day :cry:

Please walk away from Google!!!!! It's all speculation at the moment.....What's the next step? Xxx

The next step is a repeat ultrasound on the 17th, the nurse asked my ob if she wanted to repeat blood work and she said "No, there isn't anything we can do if it's that." I have backed away from Google and trying to relax until my next appointment but I feel like the days are passing by so slowly.

The next step is a repeat ultrasound on the 17th, the nurse asked my ob if she wanted to repeat blood work and she said "No, there isn't anything we can do if it's that." I have backed away from Google and trying to relax until my next appointment but I feel like the days are passing by so slowly.

So sorry you are going through this...the uncertainty is the worst. How far gone are you? Maybe just much earlier than you thought? I hope so and on the 17th you see something xxxx molars are very rare. Everything crossed for you xx

I was 6+1 when they did the ultrasound, the ob asked the nurse to measure what was seen on the screen and she said 6wks 1 day which is around what I'm supposed to measure so I'm not measuring ahead either. I have some nausea, some cramps but no bleeding. I do that any of the common symptoms with a molar pregnancy.

It's so early...you don't always see anything that early on x xx trying not to panic too much. Everything will likely be fine. I agree there's not alot you or anyone can do...the uncertainty I agree sucks

How high was your hcg? There is a wide bracket for hcg levels tbh xx

These where my levels at 3/4 weeks pregnant.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-08-12-07-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-08-12-07-07.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_2016-06-08-12-06-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-06-08-12-06-53.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 10
I was recently diagnosed with partial molar, and now need to have blood draws to monitor hcg. This was my second m/c and the news of a molar was devastating. I was hoping on starting to try again but was told by my doctor to wait for 6 months, counting from my d&c. My question for you who have had to go through this is how long have you been monitored for you hcg levels to go down and how long you have had to wait to try again? And how have your doctors stated the waiting time? Some women are told to wait 6 months regardless how fast the hcg drops and some have needed to have three negative blood draws and then given the permission to try again.

Lauren sorry for your loss. I had my pmp last year.

The guidelines vary from country to country and doctor to doctor...where are you from? I am UK and was under charing cross hospital. Guidelines are that they check your urine and blood hcg regularly....if it drops to normal within 56 days then there is one final hcg urine and blood check one month later then discharged. If longer than 56 days to drop I 'think' though not sure they test for a further 3 or 6 months. Their website if brilliant xxxxx

Thank you for your answer. This is such hard time trying to cope with the fact of not being able to try, when i really want to have children. Ans there is no quarantee if i ever will, all i can do is hope and believe that i will succeed some say :)

I'm sure you will Lauren....it is more common than I initially first thought....and lots of women have gone on to have successful pregnancies. Very unlikely to happen again to you...get yourself monitored and clear and good luck x x x

Any questions let us know x x x

Hi Lauren, sorry for your loss. As if plain mc wasn't bad enough :hugs:

I had chemo, so waited several months after getting the all clear (About 9-10 months total)Awful time as my SIL was pregnant as well, but successful. She had her baby a few days after my own due date. I can totally to how you are feeling right now :cry: torture!

Anyway. Lots of girls choose to wait 3 months, or so, now if their hcg drops quickly and stays down. The 6 month thing was only for your own safety, in case your hcg starts to rise again. But they reckon if it goes right down quickly, then it's highly unlikely to rise again. Mine did rise, but I never made it to zero. I pleateaued first at about 12w post loss before the rise. Mine was obvious looking back.

Ps. I have had 11 pregnancies since my molar and chemo in 2009, 3 of which were successful! If I can make it, you definitely can!!!

It is comforting to read other womens experiences. It also gives me hope to know many of you have successfully concieved after molar. The emotional mess is the worst and this is one of the hardest things i have faced in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->