Molar and Partial Molar Pregnancy Support Group

Well, I kind of feel bad but I totally used this awful miscarriage to my advantage today...

I got to work late because of getting my blood test this morning. When I showed up one of our chefs (I work at an oven making company and we have test kitchen chefs) was giving me a hard time. I told him I was late because I had to get a blood test.
He said, "oh are you pregnant!?"
Me, "Uh definitely not. I have Gestational Trophoblastic Disease because I waspregnant, but then I miscarried. It turned out the placenta I was growing was actually a tumor. And in fact some women go on to get cancer from this and I can't get pregnant again for at least 6 months."
Him, "Oh, uh uh... sorry (blah blah blah)"

It was kind of that awesome awkward moment that left me laughing the rest of the day.

All to say at the end of the day he brought me an entire chicken from the test kitchen to take home for dinner. Totally worth it.

And in other news my hcg was 56. So I've gone from 1345 to 196 to 56....its starting to slow down, but at least it's dropping. I'm praying for zero by week 8!

I think that is a sign of healing---using it to your advantage to get free chicken--or at least being able to make light of the situation--Good job!! :haha:

Tina - please let us know how you get on with your results and when your next scan is. How long will they keep taking your bloods for? Everything crossed right now for you xxxx

Rafferty - I wouldnt feel bad about what you said...its the truth at the end of the day and the fact you laughed about it all is great. Your levels are looking great too!! It seems very usual for your levels to slow at the end but your very close. What do they class a negative for you?

xxx

Rafferty - the levels look good!! they do tend to slow down now, but as long as they conitnue to drop it's okay. I'm sorry the chef gave you a hard time. But at least he gave you a chicken to apologize. Don't feel bad hun!

Tina - please let us know how you get on with your results and when your next scan is. How long will they keep taking your bloods for? Everything crossed right now for you xxxx

Rafferty - I wouldnt feel bad about what you said...its the truth at the end of the day and the fact you laughed about it all is great. Your levels are looking great too!! It seems very usual for your levels to slow at the end but your very close. What do they class a negative for you?

xxx

Apparently I'm done with blood work?? STILL don't have last Friday's results. Did get to schedule for next ultrasound on the 20th of April--I will be 8weeks 2 days so should be able to see lots!!

Are you? I would have thought you would have had a few just to makesure there in the right levels? Glad you have your next scan date. My sister just had a scan at 8 weeks and you can make out baby quite well! I had one at 9 weeks and then 12 weeks with Corban and i couldnt believe how much he had developed in 3 weeks....its so amazing isnt it! Reminds me i MUST call up about my results! Now im not on treatment i seem to forget to call!

xxx

They wanted me to do the ultrasound next week but I needed a Friday and the soonest they had was the 20th--I'm very patient so I don't mind the wait! I hope this is the 2nd to the last result at a "negative" number---come on June for you!!

I see well you have a date to look to now. My ticker is now on 1 month and 3 weeks so im feeling good i dont have much longer. Fingers crossed for a quick bpf and a healthy one at that. I think with this whole molar thing if you didnt have patients you certainly have it now!

xxx

xxx

I think she said negative was below 4. I might start doing blood tests every two weeks now as it slows down. More just to save me a little $ since I have to pay $15 a poke (crummy insurance). But I'm weirdly curious now what my numbers are each week...maybe it's worth it :)

xxx

I think she said negative was below 4. I might start doing blood tests every two weeks now as it slows down. More just to save me a little $ since I have to pay $15 a poke (crummy insurance). But I'm weirdly curious now what my numbers are each week...maybe it's worth it :)

I got switched to every 2 weeks and then to monthlies before I reached negative results (under 3 with my Dr.) and it helped me personally for the wait time--as soon as I reached negative it was sooooo tempting to want to try again!! For my January draw I "pre-paid" my normal $4.60 and then my insurance covered it in full :dohh: insurance gets so confusing but I have an annual $400 up front benefit for lab and radiology type procedures so now I have a random credit--oh well it will get used soon enough--I'm sure the ultrasound wiped out the rest of my up front benefits!

ladies... i have another friend who's pregnant now. She was pregnant at the same time i was with my son. I feel like... everybody is onto having their second baby.. and i'm behind. It's not a competition and I know that.

I feel so jealous. i hate facebook... i hate seeing photos of other people's ultrasounds and them tagging me in the photo... I hate it, i hate it, i hate it.

sorry to all the ladies on here that are pregnant... I really don't mean to be so hateful... maybe hate is too strong of a word. I really want to be happy for everybody. I think deep down inside I am. I'm just envious....

I keep telling myself that we're going to TTC once my period is over... but for some reason, I feel even more stressed to have another baby to "catch up"... UGH it really shouldn't be this way!!

somebody please help!! =( I feel like i'm a terrible miserable person!

ladies... i have another friend who's pregnant now. She was pregnant at the same time i was with my son. I feel like... everybody is onto having their second baby.. and i'm behind. It's not a competition and I know that.

I feel so jealous. i hate facebook... i hate seeing photos of other people's ultrasounds and them tagging me in the photo... I hate it, i hate it, i hate it.

sorry to all the ladies on here that are pregnant... I really don't mean to be so hateful... maybe hate is too strong of a word. I really want to be happy for everybody. I think deep down inside I am. I'm just envious....

I keep telling myself that we're going to TTC once my period is over... but for some reason, I feel even more stressed to have another baby to "catch up"... UGH it really shouldn't be this way!!

You are not a terrible person, just a totally normal person. The 2 week wait after your period, and then the 2 week wait to test, drive any normal person insane, and then when you see other peoples success' you can't help but feel a failure, it is natural. My neighbour was due her baby a month before my molar baby was due, and I used to feel she was flaunting her baby bump, you should have heard what I said when I was looking out the window! The flip side is hopefully it wont be long before you post your scan pictures on fb and everyone congratulates you and it feels great and makes your pregnancy even more real.

Best advice, grin and bear it. Anyone who has had molar or miscarriages and who.are desperate for a baby, knows what you are going through. I hated ttc, longest cycles of my life!

Good luck for this one x x

Tung i feel exactly the same. I feel like a horrible person for it but i can't help it. I should be having my baby this weekend not still waiting for my f**king hcg to fall to negative.

Hopefully Alwilan is right and we will be soon posting our scan pictures on facebook.

Xx

xxx

I got switched to every 2 weeks and then to monthlies before I reached negative results (under 3 with my Dr.) and it helped me personally for the wait time--as soon as I reached negative it was sooooo tempting to want to try again!! For my January draw I "pre-paid" my normal $4.60 and then my insurance covered it in full :dohh: insurance gets so confusing but I have an annual $400 up front benefit for lab and radiology type procedures so now I have a random credit--oh well it will get used soon enough--I'm sure the ultrasound wiped out the rest of my up front benefits!

During treatment i was on twice weekly bloods and i always couldnt wait for the next result as i knew once i hit below 5 id only have more treatment...now on on fortnightly bloods/urine i always forget to call :nope: silly me. Maybe see how it goes and if your happy with fortnightly bloods then go for it. Fingers crossed for your negative very soon :hugs:

Tina - how have you been feeling?

Tung - your not terrible :hugs: ive felt awful at times and feel such intense jealousy! I try myself its just a normal part of this whole process...as rubbish as it all is :hugs: sending you hugs! Try put those things aside and think about ttc your rainbow. We all have everything crossed for you! :hugs::hugs:

xxx

Tung i feel exactly the same. I feel like a horrible person for it but i can't help it. I should be having my baby this weekend not still waiting for my f**king hcg to fall to negative.

Hopefully Alwilan is right and we will be soon posting our scan pictures on facebook.

Xx

:hugs: Sending you big hugs lotte :hugs: im hoping you hit negative very soon :hugs: ill be thinking of you over this weekend. We will be posting our scan pictures soon enough and just think of the feeling we will have when we can! I so look forward to sharing our next journey with you all!

xxxx

Thanks ladies. I've gotten over it now. I'm trying to turn that negative energy into positive thinking!

I'm positive we'll each have our rainbow babies very soon!! =)

xoxoxox

I feel the same way. So jealous. When people hear my daughter is 2 the first thing they say is, "oh it's about time for another one!" Then if I go on to tell them my sob story they respond with "at least you have Gloria" (my daughter). That is in part true, I'm so thankful for Gloria, but it's frustrating because everyone thinks that cancels out my sadness, or that I must have less longing for another child. But I wanted my second baby as much as I wanted Gloria when I was pregnant with her. And now I long for that baby even more.
I think all our rainbow babies are going to be extra special. We won't take a moment of their life in the womb or out for granted because we've put in DOUBLE time to get them here! Seriously, by the time I have another baby, assuming it all goes perfectly, it will have been 18 months in the works!

Oh and Tung I seriously agree with you on the Facebook hating. I wish I could just pull the plug and get off it, but I'm too addicted. I might just block all my preggo friends for a while \:growlmad:

xxx

During treatment i was on twice weekly bloods and i always couldnt wait for the next result as i knew once i hit below 5 id only have more treatment...now on on fortnightly bloods/urine i always forget to call :nope: silly me. Maybe see how it goes and if your happy with fortnightly bloods then go for it. Fingers crossed for your negative very soon :hugs:

Tina - how have you been feeling?

Tung - your not terrible :hugs: ive felt awful at times and feel such intense jealousy! I try myself its just a normal part of this whole process...as rubbish as it all is :hugs: sending you hugs! Try put those things aside and think about ttc your rainbow. We all have everything crossed for you! :hugs::hugs:

xxx

Feeling like the MS and nausea could be here already which worries me : / Going to stock up on snacky foods tomorrow to try to keep from getting too hungry--I just pray the molar tissue isn't back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->