Moms that work from home...

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
I do odd jobs from home to help bring in extra cash. I bake and do photography. Some of what I do takes research on my part because I'm trying to learn more about it and keep up on trends and it also includes taking time to edit photos and prepare prints and things. It seems like every time I sit down to work on something the world is suddenly coming to an end as we know it and DH flips out on me about anything and every thing whether it's the dishes in the sink or DS not behaving while he's watching him. I swear he will be sitting on his ass watching TV just fine but the moment I whip out something I need to work on it's sudden chaos :growlmad: Does anybody else have this issue?

Yes, but in my case, it is self-imposed. The only way I get my work (writing projects) done is to take my laptop and head to the library or a cafe. You might want to consider that? It was easier for both myself and my family to respect my work needs when I left the house.
The other things I could suggest is establishing what work time means. Like, put hard rules around it. Sometimes people find it easier to respect home office hours if they realize that you might be fielding calls from clients, etc. If you can set up a litle nook and make it off limits while you are there that might help.
Otherwise, honestly? Getting out of the house was the only way I could get the space I needed to work. And I have an amazing spouse who is very supportive and appreciative of what I do. In my case, it was far more me feeling guilty about being behind on laundry/dishes/whatever and using "office time" to do house chores instead of treating my work with the same respect I would have if I went out to an office each day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->