Money Issues

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Steph, Aug 9, 2007.

1. Steph

Steph Well-Known Member

I'm stuck for money just now, i've had to pay a big bill which has scuppered me for the month....

but my "friend" the foot and wardrobe breaker...wont drop the subject of giving me money!!!she's really starting to piss me off...im meant to be going to see Prince with her next week and to be honest i don't even want to go now, never mind not having the money to pay for it...

she's bugging me soooooooooo much

she said herself, after i said "listen i appreciate the offer but i can't accept money from you",

and she's like "sorry i wont push...but why don't you think about it until tonight when i come and get you and we'll go to a cash machine and look at your statement and see how much i can give you"

AAAAAAAAAARGH i want to cry

2. Iwantone!!!

Iwantone!!! Well-Known Member

aawww hunny hard decisons

3. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

So she broke wardrobe & is a friend & offered to give you some money feeling bad? WELL not many *friends* would do that I tell you I think its nice of her if I have that right :D

4. Steph

Steph Well-Known Member

Nah it's not over the wardrobe....

i have told her that i don't want to take money from her, and thanked her for the offer but i couldn't take anything, and shes said if its making me uncomfortable she'll stop pressuring and i told her it was but that i did appreciate her gesture....

but she keeps going on about it, its getting me down, i dont want to be in debt to a friend...its just a principle i have and i wish she'd drop it

5. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

Awww maybe she sees how stressed you are - are you?

Nice of her but I can understand getting on yoru nerves bit of you have said thank you but I couldn't.

6. Imi

Imi .

Agree with your princaples hunni!

xxx

7. Steph

Steph Well-Known Member

I wasn't stressed, it's only until next Friday, so it's nothing i can't handle, just need to watch the expenses...

i just don't know what to do, don't want to come across as ungrateful but she is bad for latching onto something and not letting go...she wants to do everything with me as well...if i say im tidying the house she'll want to come and help...

shes very insecure :(

8. Cheyanne

Cheyanne Well-Known Member

Over the years..when things have gotten tight, my friends and I have all borrowed from one another, but I totally understand what you're saying. It's a good practice 'cause even we, as good friends have had disagreements about who owes what..as far as wanting to clean house...send her my way.