Money money money

Maybe other countries are different....

But in Australia, if you don't have a bank account, you can't do anything!
Most businesses will NOT ever pay you cash, or cheques... because its so much simpler to do a direct deposit.

You can't buy or rent a house without proof of savings = bank.
You can't get a loan without proof of savings = bank.
You can't receive payments eg, family tax benefit, and baby bonus, without an account = bank.
you can't just go and cash a cheque... you have to put it into your account and wait for it to clear = bank.

I agree with an AP about a smaller credit union. credit unions are fantastic....
I just don't see going through life without a bank account as a realistic option.
We will be opening a trust as soon as baby is born... she will have an account from birth where we can deposit money weekly... and I KNOW that it will be sitting there safely until she turns 21.

I'm not trying to offend anyone...
It's just a whole bunch easier to replace a stolen or lost key card, than it is to replace a stolen or lost $500...

i have 2 living children and do fine with no bank account. My house is already paid off and i own it. Its just bills and car insurace i have to pay. I dont need a bank to do that! We do our own banking by putting it in our safe (at the time our money was stolen last month it was in my purse as i was about to go pay my electric bill)

not really sure what advice to give then...repeatedly having money missing isn't really "doing fine without a bank account" imo.

I guess in the future keep a closer eye on your funds and consider getting a job for the time being?

exactly!

i have 2 living children and do fine with no bank account. My house is already paid off and i own it. Its just bills and car insurace i have to pay. I dont need a bank to do that! We do our own banking by putting it in our safe (at the time our money was stolen last month it was in my purse as i was about to go pay my electric bill)

not really sure what advice to give then...repeatedly having money missing isn't really "doing fine without a bank account" imo.

I guess in the future keep a closer eye on your funds and consider getting a job for the time being?

exactly!

Well of 5 yrs of finances, buying a home, buying a car, having 2 loans, paying insurance, and 2 yrs of having bills on a monthly basis.. Ive never needed a bank, the one time i used a bank they allowed some unidentified woman (without an id or proof of who she was) take out 600.00 from my accoutn and the bank and the law did nothing! So i had 600 taken from me within 6mths of having an account at a bank and 500 taken from me over the past 4 yrs doing my own banking... I pick my own. I know its just preference and im sure you guys have wonderful banks but here they arent so trustworthy.

Im just lost on how to completely prevent it. I mean i cant leave my purse out a 5ft range from me without getting stolen and by the looks of the store camera we reviewed yesterday...... he got pickpocketted right after we checked out and we were talking to the cashier.

hopefully this badluck will be over soon..... Especially before #4 gets here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->