Money Saving Mums Group

I've never looked at gumtree :dohh: take it's its good then?

Oh yes!

I have had so many bargains from baby sleep bags to a garden swing and slide.

Gumtree is great although we were let down by a woman selling her stair gate...we wasted a good 2 hours going to her house and her not being in then just ignoring our email. Thats the only down side to it really.

We do a big shop and teh start on the month all frezzer items come from iceland so nice and cheap but yummy plus spend £25 and they deliver for you :thumbup: then we go to asda **because its straight across from iceland** for non frezzer items.. They have a great own brand curry sause for 9/10p a jar and i think its great Oh loves it and his used to named brands.

We work out how much food e have left for dinners in the house and then work out any days thats left over, like from this months shopping i dont need to shop untill the 2second week of november.

For us our fish tank lights and washer/dryer only go on of a night time due to econamy(sp?) 7 electric so 17p per unit day time, 5p per unit night time.

Im also a member of TNS i do the food diary and also there online quiz and lightspeedpanel they are the 2 i reccomend.. Lightspeed i get paypal money which i use on ebay for presents. when things are on offer i do stock up because its cheaper in the long run, for months i did not have to buy toilet roll, baby wipes or nappies because i got them all on offer aswell as shower gel. Alot of our items that are not food are branded we just buy them at the right times :thumbup:

Also im a member on a petrol prices website so i always no the closet cheapest station so that saves money.

I hardly buy items at full price, i wait for sales and carboots! I go months without something, just waiting for it to 'appear' in sale/carboot!! I have even rubbed off on hubby. He buys all his work tools second hand from carboots. Im actually addicted to car boots and get excited every sunday morning to go to at least 2 local ones!

Im 21 weeks pregnant and most of the items i have bought so far are from carboots/ebay and in sales!

I dont see anything worng with waiting for sales and saving a bit of money. I have always done it and i love the feeling of getting something i really want, for next to nothing! :thumbup:

Will look forward to reading through other peoples posts and getting a few more tips :D

Im on survey sites as well.I think Im joined up to about 10 different ones and although time consuming I have probably over $100 all up in points!!!

I also plan meals in advance and try out the homebrand products to subsitute it for a name brand to save money.

I have stashed sealed money tin, that I put change in.

Also I have sold things we dont need/use/wear anymore on Ebay and have made some good money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->