Months/Weeks confused??!!

jms895

Reaction score
Hi all

Wonder if you can help me as the ticker confuses me!! :wacko:

Caine was born Thurs 26th March so I count every Thurs as a week.....

13 weeks is 3 months
17 weeks is 4 months
21 weeks is 5 months?? Yeah?

So why is my ticker out?

Also, what is 6 months?

Does it go by the 26th of Septemeber then as its exactly 6 months to the date but not to the thurs/week if you know what I mean? :rofl:

Please help :flower:
Thanks xx

It will probably go by the day number i.e. 26th rather than the weekday?

Well Mia is 9 weeks old tomorrow, but going by the date of the month then she was 2 month old yesterday. I think it goes exactly to the date and not the day of week thing. I just say on the 22nd of each month she's another month old but then shes however many weeks lol It confuses me, but I find it easier to just think of the 22nd making her another month old. Think thats how the tickers work.

Thanks

Yeah I think thats how the tickers work on the exact day!

x

I use the date, and I believe that's what all the tickers do as well. Darwin was born December 20th, so he turned 8 months on August 20th. What I usually do if I want to be specific is say 'he's ___ months plus a week' or 'he'll be ___ months on the 20th' (if it's getting very close).

its beacuse each month has different amounts of days in so the tickers go by the date as if they went by the day of the week each month would be dffernt and you would get behind, if that makes sense

26 march - 24 apr is 4 wks but the ticker will take it to 4 wks and 2 days to the 26th before it says a month otherwise in may he wouls be 2mths on the 22nd where actually he is 8wks and 4days and in june he would be 3mths on the 19th, can you see you are loosing days?
simple as a month isnt 4 weeks long exactly.

ouch i have brain ache now! lol

after 12 weeks, they say go by months. It baffles my head too much is someone tells me "oh she's 18 weeks", so then im like 4, 8, 12 16, ok 4 and bitmonths, but by that time they walked off haha

Months go by dates weeks by day. So he was born on a Thurs so every Thurs he is a week older, and every 26th of the month he is a month older :)

I've noticed the 24th of each month, Theo has been a month older -

24th April = Born
24th May = 1 month
24th June = 2 months
24th July = 3 months
24th Aug = 4 months

etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members