Mooncup. Yay or Nay?

charliemeg

Waiting
Reaction score
Ok I apologise in a advance for too much detail in this thread.

Some of you on here have recommended the mooncup to me but I was wondering if anyone else has tried them?

I have recently found that I am allergic to towels and find they cause a bit of discomfort (not sure if it is something that has just happened or they have changed the material), however I don't like the thought of a tampon because of the TSS you can get with them. I have done a little research on the mooncup and it says they are more hygenic and cannot cause TSS. Are they comfy?

I just tried mine for the first time this past cycle. I couldn't even feel it. it was awesome!!

oh, and for the first time since I started getting periods, I didn't have any leaking problems. I have heavy periods (sorry if tmi) I highly recommend them.

oh, and for the first time since I started getting periods, I didn't have any leaking problems. I have heavy periods (sorry if tmi) I highly recommend them.

That was one of my worries as I have a very heavy period too. Did you find it a little gross?

a little, but I got used to it really quickly.

Thanks for starting this thread because i've been wondering exactly the same. I quite like the idea of this, but worried that it won't hold much because my periods are really heavy. Also worried about emptying it whilst out and about. xx

ive never herd of them before...

I'm glad someone asked about this, been meaning to myself as I am on the implant and I am bleeding continously on and off.
Thing is though, how would you keep it in your bag, like just incase, does it have a case or anything to stop it getting dirty?

Another good question Princess, i hadn't thought of that. xx

If not we shall have to buy a special one :) £20 is quite cheap aswell I was expecting more than that!

Yeah, and when you think about how long they last compared with how much tampons are would prob save a fair bit. Not to mention save the environment. xx

Mooncups are FAB. :D

I highly recommend them. They are so comfortable you can't even feel them.

They come in a little cotton bag which you can carry it around in.
Don't worry about heavy periods and leaking etc, I have heavy periods and was amazed at how little blood the cup had in it after a few hours (sorry about tmi) You lose a lot less blood than you think and the mooncup holds a lot.
As for in public, take a small bottle of water or just some wipes :)

It's really easy once you get used to it, not fiddly at all in my opinion.. though takes some practise getting it in and out properly. My advise is if you're going to get one, practise with it before your period comes as it saves you feeling like you have to rush and getting in a panic :)

But yes, mooncups yay for definate :D

They are brilliant! Every woman should have one! It doesn't take long to get used to them - once they're in, you can't feel them at all. Like Lyrah said, you don't actually produce that much blood, mine has never been over half full and mine are usually very heavy. I love the fact that you can put them in before your period shows up too, so you don't have those quick dashes to the loo to put a tampon in. I can't recommend them enough!

Just make sure when you get them that you trim the 'tail' to a good length. I had to remove mine completely, but I know other people who have had to keep the full length. Everyone is different!

I think I may have to invest in one. I never heard of them until I joined this site and they sound beneficial. I have not heard a bad thing about them yet but is there any cons to having one?

I didn't have any problem with the "tail" personally, but like you said, everyone is different. :)

Mooncups are fab!! I find that they don't dry you out like tampons either. Sorry if its TMI but I can't be the only woman to have put in a tampon and about 30 mins or so find it isn't sitting quite right but you can't pull it out because it is well and truly stuck. Mooncups don't absorb anything so you don't lose all your natural "moistness"

I also cut the tail off mine.

they sound really interesting. i have never used one but reading people's fab reviews makes me want to try!!! thanks for the info everyone. :D

I think my mind is made up I am gonna give it a try. So many of you have mentioned problems that I have with tampons/pads and the mooncups seem like a better option. I am going to look into ordering one over the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->