Mooncup. Yay or Nay?

I might wait until you've got yours and see what you think, and then i'll probably get on if you get on okay :) xx

I've never heard of the mooncup before, but I know in Canada, we have something called the Divacup. It sounds like pretty much the same thing. I've never used it before, but I know the people that have used it love it!

They are the same thing. The personal review I was giving was actually about a DivaCup.

Hi, I just wanted to add, I've been using a mooncup for about 4 or 5 years and it is FAB, I love it - it's easy to keep clean (I sterilise and / or boil mine regularly and when out and about you just rinse with bottled water till you get home and can wash it) and is so much more comfy - I used to get a lot of cystitis when using tampons but haven't had it since. I can't recommend them enough - and you save a fortune too!

The mooncup is one of the best inventions ever created - fact!

I would never go back to using tampons or towels.

I love my mooncup. Like others have said, they come with a little cotton bag to keep them in. You boil them after every period to keep them clean, and just rinse it out after you empty it (take water or some wipes or something). It is great, you never run out, it doesn't leak, and I found that even though I have really heavy periods since I had bubs, and they hurt a lot, the mooncup actually eases the pain a bit.

Also, like someone else said make sure you try it in the house to make sure the tail is right, after a lot of snipping mine was cut totally off. Mine cost £16.99 about five years ago and is still in great working order! Saved my a fortune in tampons/pads. I also found tampons got stuck, and were so uncomfy.. Can't tell my Mooncup is there :)

As for lifespan, it says on the website approx 20 years which IMO is believable :D

Hmm, I'm considering these. Never got on with tampons though... Can you sleep with them in??

xx

Yep, you put it in when you notice the first blood, and just keep emptying/rinsing as often as you would a pad. They are really comfortable xx

ETA - they are nothing like Tampons tbh. Tampons dry you out and it feels icky, the mooncup is just.. there. It isn't absorbant it just collects the blood so you don't dry up :)

Hmmmmmmm, I'm going to think about this. I keep wasting like a whole pack of always silk (expensive, but only brand I get on with) because I feel like my period is coming on, then it's a week late and I've used pads 'just incase' for that entire week, plus the time my period lasts.... Complete waste of money.

I will consider, thank you for the info! :)

xx

I'm a big mooncup fan.
(mine's tail-less)
It took some getting used to - and didn't always catch everything so I used pads too - just to be sure.
But now I just use a panty liner and the cup - its fab!

charliemeg - have you bought yours yet?!!!!
Do it... do it....

:)

I think i'm convinced now. Will probably buy myself one in the new year. I really like the fact that it doesn't dry you out or stick like tampons do. Is the only thing i hate about them xx

charliemeg - have you bought yours yet?!!!!
Do it... do it....

:)

Not yet as I bought loads of tampons/pads on offer so gonna use them up first. Hubby wants to get me one as soon as because he said it sounds like they are better health wise. As soon as I get one I will let you know how I get on with it.

Hi girls,

Well I finally got a moon cup today. So far so good but still not 100% but I think that is because I am not used to it yet. Has anyone else bought one?

I'm seriously debating it--we're going to be on a MAJORLY tight budget so every little bit helps I guess :)

I've been using a divacup for about 6-7 years now. Menstrual cups are the only way to go in my opinion. I never had a problem with tampons, though many women do, but I still prefer a menstrual cup over tampons or pads anyday. Way more comfortable and both easy on the environment and your wallet. There is a great livejournal community (https://community.livejournal.com/menstrual_cups/) where you can read up on cups and also pose any questions you may come up with.

I have heard of them but found the idea absolutly minging and discusting and would never try it! its makes me feel phsyicaly sick the idea of it, ewwwwwwww

I have heard of them but found the idea absolutly minging and discusting and would never try it! its makes me feel phsyicaly sick the idea of it, ewwwwwwww

I feel that way about pads.

I absolutely love mine. So long as you take it out and clean it you can leave it in for 8-12 hours. It's eco friendly and wallet friendly and doesn't leak. It took a few to get used to but now I'll never go back!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->