Mooncup. Yay or Nay?

ok, so some ppl have said its best to start on the last 2 days of ur period, so ive decided to try it this month after all!
Gotta admit, the actual putting in/taking out needs a bit of fine tuning! Rofl!! But when ur actually wearing it- it really is like theres nothing there at all! Sooo much better than tampons! And how great is it that u can basically leave it in all (the working) day n be absolutely fine?!
Had to chuckle to myself today, when a local shop leaflet came through the door- one of the offers was tampons, n at 1st i thought "oooh" then quickly thought "Ha! No! I dont need to spend money on those anymore!!"

My Mom and sister have been convincing me to try this and after reading this I think I'll go and get one today!

I went to buy one today, but saw that there are pre-baby and post-baby sizes. I plan to TTC in less than three months and so I hopefully won't need one for 9 months and after that I'd need a different size. So I think I'll wait till after baby #1 before I hand over $40 to try it.

Has anyone used one and not really got on with it at all? I don't know whether it was the pressure, the foreign object, the emptying it or just completely psychological but I used it once and got a little freaked out by it... anyone else felt this?

Feeling really bad because I know it's the eco-friendly choice but I've not used it for 2 months now because of it :blush:

Hey, had never heard of this before... I will be going to england in Oct. so defo will be stopping by at a store to get one... Eco-friendly and no dryness or empty pockets??? Bring it on!!! Just one yukky question: where do you empty it? Toilet I take it... And to clean it other than water, aren't wipes bad for you as you "put it back in"?... Hmmm, will still give it a go. xxxx

PS: Great thread!! xxxxx

I have a mooncup. I don't use it anymore. I didn't have any leakage, and it was comfy when in, but I had real trouble getting it out. It got to the point where I was dreading taking it out, and stressing over it. An ex of mine uses one still, and she gets on great with it. I think maybe I should have persevered, but I now use washable sanitary towels instead, and they're fab. Come in lovely funky colours, are much more comfy than disposables, cheaper and eco-friendly. Winner!

That's me decided I'm going to give it a try. Everyone talks about these and I say I'll do it but never get around to it.

Cinnamon, I'm in Spain too so I'm going to see if I cab get one online maybes. Off to look.....

well I made up my mind to do it and bought one from a ebay shop. I'm waiting to try it now!!!

Do you know what is it in the pads that make you get allergic reactions?.

Anyway, I think these cups are quite a personal choice. I havent tried them but I also don't like to , because it sounds a bit unpleasant to mee, especially when it comes to empying this thing...

Hey, had never heard of this before... I will be going to england in Oct. so defo will be stopping by at a store to get one... Eco-friendly and no dryness or empty pockets??? Bring it on!!! Just one yukky question: where do you empty it? Toilet I take it... And to clean it other than water, aren't wipes bad for you as you "put it back in"?... Hmmm, will still give it a go. xxxx

PS: Great thread!! xxxxx

Yup, tip it down the loo! Its not as bad as it sounds! I agree with you about the wipes- i cant see that being very good for you. To be honest, you might never even need to empty it when you're out- ive had mine a good few months now and have never needed to. It lasts from when i leave for work until when i come home, would probably last longer but i got into the routine of doing it then!

Sounds great, I will prob be getting one in Oct. when I go to England, although I plan on TTC for march 2010... I might look at Packing expenses, it might turn out better... Thanks for answering. xxxx

I first thought they were yucky but have walmed to the idea a bit. Have a nosy everytime i walk past them in boots

I've considered it but not sure how I'd get on cuz of my vestibulitis. I used to swear by tampons but now have to stick to mostly using pads as tampons can make me very uncomfortable.

This is a really interesting thread. I occasionally think about getting one of these. Maybe I should look into it.

K x

I've considered it but not sure how I'd get on cuz of my vestibulitis. I used to swear by tampons but now have to stick to mostly using pads as tampons can make me very uncomfortable.

Thats the thing, tampons can be uncomfortable, as they are designed to absorb all moisture- so they leave you feeling dry and "scratchy" (for want of another word!) but these dont make you dry at all, so they can be more comfortable. Having said that, they're not for everyone (i dont know your medical condition, so couldnt comment on that). I convinced a friend to buy one, and she just isnt getting on with it. Im not sure why, im guessing its because she isnt putting it in properly, but i dont know for sure, and she's convinced that she is putting it in properly, so we dont know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->