Mooncup. Yay or Nay?

I thought it was icky when I first heard of them but now its the best way to go. Much more hygienic, at first it was bit difficult to use but now I am really happy with it and it is much more comfortable than tampons. Plus you cant get TSS which with tampons you can.

This is a really great thread guys.. you've definitely persuaded me to try it... in fact i am ordering mine right now :) xx

Has anyone looked into trying organic tampons? I'm not sure if the risk of TSS is lower with them but they wouldn't be bleached etc...

Has anyone looked into trying organic tampons? I'm not sure if the risk of TSS is lower with them but they wouldn't be bleached etc...

Still produces waste and costs money on a regular basis. I've never tried them but haven't even seen them either, though anything I do see that's organic costs about twice as much to buy. :shrug:

Cups are the most eco friendly and are a one time purchase, I won't ever go back to other feminine products. :coolio:

Great thread everyone :hi:
I never knew about cups til coming on this site and I must admit I'm very intrigued.
I know several of you have mentioned about having heavy periods and I can join you there but do any of you get quite large clots as well?......It's the only thing that is holding me back from getting one really. As you say pads are just yucky and tampons.....have to use them as well but would really rather not esp with the risk of TSS, and also Rayon the absorbant material I think has been shown to slightly increase the risk of cervical cancer as well.

:hug: :flower: :hug:

I get fairly heavy periods and was actually amazing at how little blood there was...a pad I'd sometimes have to change after a couple of hours at the beginning of af, but this was after like 4 hours and it wasn't even anywhere near half full! Not sure on clots, I only get little ones towards the end of my period...

Mooncup is awkward to start with, but you do get used it very quickly.. It's also REALLY comfy when it's in...it's the getting it in and out parts that prove tricky! I've got used to that though and although it was a little icky and awkward sometimes, by the end of my period I could pop it in and get it out fairly easily. :)

x

Thanks hun :hugs:
I usually have to change a super plus tampax every 1-1.5hrs for the first couple of days and sometimes the pad at those times as well. I do get quite large clots at the beginning as well......maybe mooncup wouldn't be right for me :-(

I usually have to change a super plus tampax every 1-1.5hrs for the first couple of days and sometimes the pad at those times as well. I do get quite large clots at the beginning as well......maybe mooncup wouldn't be right for me :-(

Actually the opposite! You'd be able to wear one fine and you'd find it doesn't fill up as quickly either! Even with heavy flow you can wear it up to 12 hours, if it happens to get full sooner just empty it sooner. Tampons hold no where near as much because they are just an absorbent piece of whatever material it is they're made from, whereas the cup is simply a container. It'll hold any clots easily as well as the regular flow, and you simply empty it, wash it, and use it again! No more tampons or pads in the purse, no more wrappers and no more having to re-stock your supply.

Mine's a DivaCup https://www.divacup.com/ the two sizes are 1. for women who have not given birth and 2. for women who have or are over 30. I will never go back to tampons or pads!!

Actually the opposite! You'd be able to wear one fine and you'd find it doesn't fill up as quickly either! Even with heavy flow you can wear it up to 12 hours, if it happens to get full sooner just empty it sooner. Tampons hold no where near as much because they are just an absorbent piece of whatever material it is they're made from, whereas the cup is simply a container. It'll hold any clots easily as well as the regular flow, and you simply empty it, wash it, and use it again! No more tampons or pads in the purse, no more wrappers and no more having to re-stock your supply.

Mine's a DivaCup https://www.divacup.com/ the two sizes are 1. for women who have not given birth and 2. for women who have or are over 30. I will never go back to tampons or pads!!

Thanks for that Lilaala :hugs:
Think I might go for it then :yipee:
Was just scared having flow such as mine would end up with flooding days :blush: :dohh:

Thanks for this thread ladies. After seeing all the advertising at Glastonbury I've been toying with the idea of buying one but your post's convinced me and I've just ordered mine!

I just ordered the DivaCup last week---I can't wait to try it!!

How hard was it to get used to?

I just ordered the DivaCup last week---I can't wait to try it!!

How hard was it to get used to?

To be honest it only took me a couple of days to get used to. I was getting a little frustrated at first but now would not change it. Plus if you start getting frustrated just think of the savings you are going to make :happydance:

I would advise having a go before you af

So I tried it out, trimmed the stem etc etc....I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to actually see it in action!! (NEVER thought I'd WANT AF to show hahaha)

First time using my Divacup and...

OMG!!!! IT'S AMAZING!!!

It's no much easier. i don't have to change anyting 800x a day! I don't have to bring anything to the bathroom with me! It was a little bit of a pain on the 1st few tries, but I got used to it really easily!!!

THANKS FOR CONVINCING ME LADIES!!!!!:happydance:

Welcome to the group lol.....however I am now having trouble with mine I dont think I am putting it in properly as I have had some leaking :(

I have never used one... actually just looked at the website lol...

I'm another fan too! You can put them in 'just in case' without risk of TSS unlike tampons and they helped cramps and don't dry you out. I used mine from being around 15 so they are suitable for all ages. Shame I haven't had to use it for so long...

ok, i read this entire thread today n thought- what the hell- I'll try one! lol! N im now at the stage sleepinbeauty was at- i cant wait for AF to test it out properly! OH thinks its a gross idea! But i dont reckon its any worse than the other options. No matter what method u choose ur gonna have to see & dispose of the blood anyway!! rofl!
Wonder if it'll work....

Good luck kate.m.
There can be a learning curve, but I love my cup and have been using it for about 7-8 years now --hard to remember exactly when I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->