more blood to be taken? why

Lauraaraa

Love My Baby Girl
Reaction score
i had my blood taken yest, the results came back today

docs just rang and said my doc has requested i get more taken next tues, should i be worried

i asked what for and said to check more things.

so now i am worried to be honest.

feel like crying as is one thing after another and it is getting to me.

i am already a paranoid wreck and seems like life is just throwing crap at me daily now

i am already decided that after having my baby girl i am not having anymore as pregnancy is to stressful for me,

i keep worrying about still birth and about all sorts going wrong. i just cant relax ppl tell me to but i cant and i am mad at myself for it.

i feel ill aswell got bad chest cough which is making me feel lousy.
dont feel hungry much and when i do eat i cant finish my meal.

dont knw whats wrong

Aww hun it could be a million and one things that you don't need to worry about! They may have even contaminated your sample - they did with my sister and she panicked for days until MW told her the real reason and really they just needed to do the original tests again! Try not to worry too much, I know its easier said than done, especially when you're feeling a bit low about things anyways XXX Big hugs XXX

I'd maybe ring and speak to the actual Dr as oppose to other staff.

It might just be that something has come back borderline & want to check your levels again in a week. But I would definately speak to the Doc & get some clarification otherwise you'll drive yourself insane.

I'd maybe ring and speak to the actual Dr as oppose to other staff.

It might just be that something has come back borderline & want to check your levels again in a week. But I would definately speak to the Doc & get some clarification otherwise you'll drive yourself insane.

I agree. It would at least help put your mind at ease.

low red blood cells

heomogloban is a bit low to

and some other things are high but didnt know what for sure, and my doc wasnt there so just spoke to th receptionist,

they said tht if it was realllly serious they would have got me in tomorrow to get them re-done

still not sure what low heomogloban means, i gather i must be slightly aneamic, but i am vegetarian so this makes sense and have been very tired and what not so thought thats what it might be

but doc wants full blood count done now to clarify a few things!!

god another bruise and i dont give blood easy, still got rubbish veins even tho i am preg

I shouldnt worry hun, When i was pregnant i got a blood test atleast once a week, sometimes twice.
They will test again for your hemoglobin to see if it has risen any, otherwise they will give tablets.
same with red blood cells.

Its nothing to worry about, I should just think they want to see if they have risen :thumbup:

lucy_x
thankyou for reply
i read hemoglobin being low can mean pre term or low birth weight, this set alarm bells off

guess it is good thy r checking tho

going to chill til tues!
then see wha th results come bk as

Don't worry I'm sure you will be fine with it and best they check everything. I also had to have unexpected extra blood tests- I had my Nuchal testing before Xmas and they were supposed to test everything else at same time that they normally do in first blood test but I wasn't aware they only did the Nuchal so I had to go back this week for the others. The one before Xmas was not a great experience, so I was nervous about this one but was determined to do it and get through it ok and I did!

all these blood tests!

just hope my arm has healed by next week for when i have th blood taken again!!

got to get thm taken again at 28weeks to!! lol!!!!!! help!!! lol!

all these blood tests!

just hope my arm has healed by next week for when i have th blood taken again!!

got to get thm taken again at 28weeks to!! lol!!!!!! help!!! lol!

Just remind yourself you are doing it for your baby :)

they lost my results for my first bloods, they said they wud get re taken but seem to have forgotten about it?! im asking at my next appointment..it cud be something really silly as to why they need more

lucy_x
thankyou for reply
i read hemoglobin being low can mean pre term or low birth weight, this set alarm bells off
guess it is good thy r checking tho

going to chill til tues!
then see wha th results come bk as

Do not read anyhting during pregnancy! only ask your MW or GP! Trust me, alarm bells get set off to many times :haha:
I had low hemoglobin, and my baby was born more or less at the right time (was induced because of blood pressure) and she was 8lbs 11oz!!!!

I know how you feel with crappy veins and bruising. My veins are tiny tiny tiny itty bitty! It oftentimes takes more than one person to find a vein, and multiple pokes, too. By the time I'm done, I look like I've been mugged. You'd think the increased blood volume of pregnancy would help open up our veins a bit and make it easier. You'd think...

I had to have a repeat, too, because I had high liver enzymes, high white cells, high cholesterol (borderline/high), and a couple other things were a tad too high or a tad too low. They told me everything was fine after my second test, though I still have the slightly too high cholesterol, thanks to my DNA.

Good luck on your next test! Hopefully things will level out. :hugs:

I'm sure they just want to be sure :hugs: If you get iron prescribed you'll probably start feeling better too :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->